Starter Box only crew - best crew box?

Meliondor

The strongest is going to be Family. Largely because it provides you woith the most choice, as I think its the only Guild box that's not using a set of 3 minions.

Game size might make a difference, as you might struggle at smaller game sizes with them (20-25 ss size) as it doesn't come with any cheap models. But that's just a guess

Definitely Perditas crew ( Family Keyword), because they are well rounded, and have a good mix of ranged and close attacks. This crew is more suited for beginners Because it is pretty straightforward. Plus at about a 25 SS game you'll have some soul stones to play around with, making this a great Guild crew to start with. 

Honestly, I like them all but LJ, Basse, and Sonnia.    Not many crews are going to be able to deal with 3 field reporters and nellie running schemes and debuffing.  

The lucius crew with three lawyers is definitely too many lawyers, but imagine a game where your crew is just obeyed constantly.  

Hoffman's 2 hunters, guardian, and watcher is legit interesting.

That sounds like a bad idea for an event to me. I understand a starter box event, but not making each side equal points is foolish. Wyrd have not made the boxes to be equal in a game. 

Under those rules try and use the M2 lucius starter...

• Agree 1

Power-level wise, the most stones in a box is going to be a pretty good indicator of the most powerful box.

That said, if it is just a beginner tournament, I'd personallly suggest focusing on the crew you're going to find the most fun/get the most value out of in the long-term. I assume the prizes will be small/negligible, so there's no reason to get into the wrong crew (for you).