Just Like Me and Triggers

Azahul

Question

Hi guys, two quick (related) questions. First up, does the Just Like Me action (the Changeling/Malifaux Child/maybe some others I'm not aware of) copy the triggers of the action? I couldn't really see anything one way or the other. The Mimic ability calls out that it copies Triggers, but the rules book suggests that Triggers are part of the action so I presume they would be applied RAW to a Just Like You action. I could be missing something though.

I was also a little bit confused by the most recent FAQ. It states that the stat of an Action only ever refers to the numerical value listed in the Stat section, implying that a built-in suit would not be copied. The next sentence says that if a model takes an Action and has a specific Stat for that Action, it will include any modifiers or suits added to that Action's duel provided by the action. To me, that second sentence seems to imply that Just Like You would use a built-in suit or modifier, unless I'm reading something wrong there.

7 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Azahul said:

Hi guys, two quick (related) questions. First up, does the Just Like Me action (the Changeling/Malifaux Child/maybe some others I'm not aware of) copy the triggers of the action? I couldn't really see anything one way or the other. The Mimic ability calls out that it copies Triggers, but the rules book suggests that Triggers are part of the action so I presume they would be applied RAW to a Just Like You action. I could be missing something though.

I was also a little bit confused by the most recent FAQ. It states that the stat of an Action only ever refers to the numerical value listed in the Stat section, implying that a built-in suit would not be copied. The next sentence says that if a model takes an Action and has a specific Stat for that Action, it will include any modifiers or suits added to that Action's duel provided by the action. To me, that second sentence seems to imply that Just Like You would use a built-in suit or modifier, unless I'm reading something wrong there.

Yes, as far as I can see, Just like you allows you to take the triggers that the target has on the action. (Just remember "just like you" is tactical actions only).

If you used just like you on an action with the stat 5:ram:+flip then you would take it at 3:ram:+flip since 3 is the stat 5 -2 as stated in Just like You. If the doppleganger used mimic on that action she would take it at 7:ram:+flip as she replaces the stat5 with her 7, and the :ram:+flip  are not the stat,  but are part of the action.

Hope that's clear

On 5/20/2020 at 3:11 PM, Adran said:

Yes, as far as I can see, Just like you allows you to take the triggers that the target has on the action. (Just remember "just like you" is tactical actions only).

If you used just like you on an action with the stat 5:ram:+flip then you would take it at 3:ram:+flip since 3 is the stat 5 -2 as stated in Just like You. If the doppleganger used mimic on that action she would take it at 7:ram:+flip as she replaces the stat5 with her 7, and the :ram:+flip  are not the stat,  but are part of the action.

Hope that's clear

Is that how it works? My local TO and everyone I play with tell me that it only takes the attack, that the modifier/suit is part of the stat