Winston Finnigan

My Gods... wish him to have dual keyword for Honeypot, but don't aks me where i could find stones for him in roster. Also if that would be true then could that mean that Lynch with his luck would made some bad dealings again and works for two masters between some kind of war of gangs as Syndicate sound like competition for Misaki? I definetly need to read the newest TT fluff.

Beautiful support model!

I'm starting grinding my teeth for them as third faction as i cannot wait to look at whole faction.

The fact that he can use dirigible ride on an ally and then use the trigger to place with them is going to be pretty huge for his maneuverability!

And Luck Thief's healing effect may make him super tanky (especially with stat 6). Pretty rough that enemy models can't use focus to cancel the distracted.

Still, three min 3 attacks take him down, so may be balanced.

2 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

The fact that he can use dirigible ride on an ally and then use the trigger to place with them is going to be pretty huge for his maneuverability!

It's almost like a ~10" leap with the mask (assuming you have a well placed target). 

1 hour ago, Trample said:

It's almost like a ~10" leap with the mask (assuming you have a well placed target). 

Can only declare it if the target is within 2" of you, so probably gives you more like 7" (2 away + 4 move + ~1 for base size).

Still pretty insane.

EDIT: oh god, it isn't in base contact with the target, it is within 2"?  Cray cray!!!

And he gets suits at will???

This guy is way too strong.  Like... way too strong.

First off, how do you even kill him?  He has 6's across the board, which means that aside from a handful of models, you can't outstat him when attacking.  His luck ability means focus is worse than useless, so you have no way to improve your attacks.  If you do hit him, he's also a henchman so he can stone to just reduce.  He has an ability where he can just attack and get whatever suit he likes... and has a suit that lets him get a soulstone... which isn't once per activation, so worst case scenario he can just gain back spent stones to stay alive.  I mean... what?!

Secondly, Red and Black is obey with zero restrictions.  Good luck anyone who has negative abilities like Ronin, or Killjoy upgrades, or god knows what else.  Not to mention the inevitable rules chaos when things like summoned models come into play.

I mean... seriously this is GW levels of power creep happening.  Wyrd do you even play your own game?

• Like 2

It does look like they are working hard to make the models playable (and perhaps overshooting), but spamming suits is going to drain health pretty quickly (which makes the soulstone spamming pretty inefficient, not to mention takes an action which does nothing but gain a stone).

Red and Black seems like scary design for sure. Slow AND obey in a single AP? Depends on how good the crew is at draining hands, but combined with triggers on demand... Yeah, very scary.

And that is a lot of amazing abilities on the front of the card too.

54 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

It does look like they are working hard to make the models playable (and perhaps overshooting), but spamming suits is going to drain health pretty quickly (which makes the soulstone spamming pretty inefficient, not to mention takes an action which does nothing but gain a stone).

Red and Black seems like scary design for sure. Slow AND obey in a single AP? Depends on how good the crew is at draining hands, but combined with triggers on demand... Yeah, very scary.

And that is a lot of amazing abilities on the front of the card too.

He doesn't have to spam suits much since he has a better form of Intuition AND a move built into one action.  Easy setup, god forbid if he gets fast somehow.

On 5/14/2020 at 10:38 AM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Can only declare it if the target is within 2" of you, so probably gives you more like 7" (2 away + 4 move + ~1 for base size).

Still pretty insane.

EDIT: oh god, it isn't in base contact with the target, it is within 2"?  Cray cray!!!

And he gets suits at will???

I'm thinking a fraction under 2".

Cause unless this guy changes significantly (and I expect R&B to get the no-bonus/no-summon that most obeys do), then he's going to be a permanent fixture in nearly every McCabe crew I make that isn't kill dominant.

He gives McCabe a balloon ride, McCabe gives him a horsey ride. Two bonus actions, something like 15+" of movement?

McCabe getting two mobile henchmen with Don't Mind Me, and a Huckster or two, into a scheme based pool? Yeah, sign me up for that party.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/14/2020 at 5:32 PM, Nagi21 said:

He doesn't have to spam suits much since he has a better form of Intuition AND a move built into one action.  Easy setup, god forbid if he gets fast somehow.

It takes a full action to use that ability.

Granted he may get movement from it, but at times may be quite awkward (you need to discard at least one severe to get solid movement usually I'd guess).

That part is hard to judge without actually testing it.

Here's a thing on dirigible ride does he have to target a different model is says you just target a model within eight inches + the mask trigger only specifies a target within two of him. The way it's written, at least to me, implies that he is a valid target for both abilities as currently written 

2 minutes ago, Aquatic42 said:

Here's a thing on dirigible ride does he have to target a different model is says you just target a model within eight inches + the mask trigger only specifies a target within two of him. The way it's written, at least to me, implies that he is a valid target for both abilities as currently written 

It's an attack action so he can't target himself. He needs another model within2" of himself to let him move. 

15 hours ago, clockworkspide said:

One thing I haven't seen people comment on, regarding Sharp Wit...note that you HAVE to take the Sellout trigger if you flip a crow, so there's that.

First, between cheating or, if you know you can't cheat, paying 1 health for stones (or stoning for suits) it seems rather rare where it'll just happen.

But also, the timing on it is immediately.  This means you can declare it even if you're losing.  So if you can't win, but you have a low crow?  Get a soul stone.  Sure, it ends your activation, but if it's already your last action, then it just turns a failure into a stone.  

2 hours ago, LeperColony said:

First, between cheating or, if you know you can't cheat, paying 1 health for stones (or stoning for suits) it seems rather rare where it'll just happen.

But also, the timing on it is immediately.  This means you can declare it even if you're losing.  So if you can't win, but you have a low crow?  Get a soul stone.  Sure, it ends your activation, but if it's already your last action, then it just turns a failure into a stone.  

If you have a crow in the final total then you have to sell out, even if you have other suits. So it makes it force you to cheat away from a crow if you want the action to happen. 

But yes you can turn an action and a low crow into a soulstone, which might be useful, but I imagine it's rarely the result you want. 

7 hours ago, LeperColony said:

It doesn't end the activation, it ends the action.  You can do this constantly per turn if you have the AP.  Get something to give him fast and you now have someone who looks impossible to kill making 3 stones a turn...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Adran said:

If you have a crow in the final total then you have to sell out, even if you have other suits. So it makes it force you to cheat away from a crow if you want the action to happen. 

Right, good point!  Does that mean if you flip the Red Joker you have to choose the crow?  What does "if able" mean?  Because you able to do so if you get the Red Joker, but I don't think that means you'd be forced to pick a crow from it?

The thing is, clearly this trigger has an effect that reaches game states "before" it would itself exist.  Triggers don't do anything until they are declared, but triggers that must be declared create an effect or obligation prior to their own existence.  But would that also mean a player would be obligated to select the crow from the RJ?