Jack Daw vs Mah Tucket

Zebo

Today played another Vassal game with Jack Daw vs the Matriarch of the Bayou. 

Public Enemies

Wedge

Breakthrough, Vendetta, Leave Your Mark, Catch and Release, Hidden Martyrs. 

I picked:

New Jack Daw Crew (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Jack Daw
    Servant of Dark Powers
Totem(s):
  Lady Ligeia
Hires:
  Montresor
  Jaakuna Ubume
  Hodgepodge Effigy
  Guilty
  Hanged
    Servant of Dark Powers
  Prospector

This time I went for extra resources, although still not give up with the Croocked Man. 

But Montresor with his staggered shenanigans and his pseudo obey is becoming easily a must, as also is with Jaakuna Ubume and her aura and lures. 

My opponend decided to go with:

New Mah Tucket Crew (Bayou)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Mah Tucket
Totem(s):
  The Little Lass
Hires:
  Big Brain Brin
  Bushwhacker
  Bushwhacker 2
  Soulstone Miner
  Rooster Rider
  Gautraeux Bokor
  Gautraeux Bokor 2

He wanted to try Mah for the first time. 

I picked Leave Your Mark and Hidden Martyrs (the Guilty and the Prospector, forgot about the second point only scores if the surviving model is engaged). 

Turn 1:

I advanced my crew, with Guilty and Effigy cleaning the path of Pit Traps.

The Bushwhacker from my right flank shot at the Hanged, but thanks to Montresor obeying him, the Hanged had his revenge and killed the Bushwacker. 

On the left flank, the other Bushwhacker shot at Jack Daw, but it failed and the ghost of Malifaux approached and cursed him, doing a couple of wounds. 

The rest of the turn was his models drawing and cycling cards, and the Rooster Rider shooting at Hanged and doing a bit of damage. 

Note than from now, if I don't say anything about Bokors or BBB is because they basically cycled cards all turns. 

Turn 2:

Bushwhacker started the turn killing Ligeia, while the Effigy healed the Hanged. 

Ubume lured forward Montresor and Hanged, but hanged had to turn back when the Soulstone Miner unburied near the Effigy and killed it. The Hanged cursed the Soulstone Miner, but left it at two wounds. 

The Rooster Rider shot three times at the Guilty, which had advanced full, but only did 3 wounds to him. 

Montresor advanced up to the center, and dropped a scheme marker below him, to not allow the Little Lass to remove it with her forage. (Although someway mi opponent decided to charge montresor with her) 

Daw killed the last Bushwhacker and approached to the enemy's table half. 

Really can't remember what was doing Mah, but nothing really relevant. 

End of turn 2

Tormented +2 (Public Enemies, Leave your Mark) = 2

Tricksy +1 (Hidden Martyrs on the Bushwacker and one of the Bokors) = 1

Turn 3: 

Hanged killed the Soulstone Miner, before it could activate and bury again. 

The Guilty ran and tried to do some damage to the Rooster Rider before dying, but he failed and the damn chicken finally killed the Guilty (and cursed himself in the process). 

Ubume put her aura, charged and killed the Little Lass, and then I'm not sure if she walked, Lured Mah or the Hanged. 

Montresor used Toss the Nose twice to lure Mah into the Ubume's aura (and other severe terrain). Doing a total of 4 damage to her. 

Realizing that by attacking Ubume, she was going to go like 4 wound down (Mah was both in Ubume and Montresor aura, so only activating it already was 1 of damage, plus all her actions inside Ubume's aura) she ran away and hide. 

Daw aproached and cursed both Bokors, doing some damage and drawing cards. 

End of turn 3

Tormented +1 (Hidden Martyrs) = 3

Tricsky +0 = 1

Turn 4:

Bokors healed Mah back almost full. 

Hanged tried to kill the Rooster Rider, but did little damage to it, and the chicken left the Hanged at 1 Wd in exchange (and thanks to black joker on his damage flip). 

Ubume put her aura back, charged one Bokors to left it at 1 Wd to die, then lured Mah inside her aura again, but as Jaakuna Ubume had to cheat, Mah pushed out of the aura again (but suffered damage when entered and when exited). 

Again not sure what Mah did this turn. She attacked Ubume but failed to kill her and left her at 1 Wd. But can't remember if it was ranged (more sensible, but she didn't died due to poison, so very unlikely unless mi opponent forgot the Poison) or in Melee (could have been before Ubume's activation, and I think Ubume had Injured in some point in the game, but I feel it's highly unlikely for Mah to not kill Ubume in a single activation, specially since she had at least focus +1. Maybe my opponent run out of cards, or maybe I hit the red joker on defense, or else). 

Jack Daw charged Mah, hitting a crow and killing the Bokor with one wound left due to push in him inside Ubume's aura. Then cursed Mah and killed the other Bokor. 

Montresor dropped one scheme marker

End of turn 4

Tormented +1 (Public Enemies) = 4

Tricksy +0 = 1

Turn 5:

Rooster Rider killed the Hanged and tried to finish Jaakuna Ubume, but cover helped her avoid the damage. 

Then Ubume activated and she put her aura, cried to Mah, hitting with Mass Hysteria and pushing her inside her aura (she pushed out again), and charged her to pin Mah in her aura with 1 remaining wound. 

That was the end. Mah didn't did anything to not die, so Jack Daw pushed her to kill her, them walked and cursed twice the Rooster rider to death. 

Montresor drop a second scheme marker and the Prospector dropped the last. 

End of game

Tormented +2 (Public Enemies, Leave your Mark) = 6

Tricksy +0 = 1

This game felt a bit weird to me. First instead going forward and try to lure models near Daw/Ubume, I had to split and send Hanged to one side and Jack to the other, letting only Jaakuna Ubume and Montresor to keep the center. 

Also, both crews were very cautious at the beginning, with no aggressive movements not lures or pushes or that kind of stuff to be in attacking position. 

Daw felt as always, hard to deal with and oppresive, but not specially killy if other models hasn't put staggered on the enemy. 

Montresor is a good tech piece. Really tough, and really good for putting Staggered on enemies and punishing them, but is easy to let him behind the crew due to his obeys, so his tarpit capability is not used. 

Jaakuna Ubume is... Well, I had the hope to see her as a model for some situations, but she has been performing like a star in every game. Her aura is being invaluable, not counting her lure. She's becoming a must for me, what means less space for other models. 

Hanged is a good model. Not as good as I expected, or maybe I still don't know how to exploit all his capabilities. I feel he don't kill enough or don't resist enough, although putting curses on the enemy is really useful. 

The Guilty... Well, they use to die and curse the enemy. Sometimes can do a bit of damage, sometimes forces the enemy to discard, sometimes forces the enemy to spend too many actions killing them. Still need to learn how really take advantage of their Guilty as Charged ability. 

• Like 2