New Releases, Special Orders, and LGS Promotions, Oh My!

Kyle

On 5/21/2020 at 2:08 PM, ShinChan said:

@Nathan Caroland Regarding the Canadian situation...

Maybe is too much to ask, but would be nice if you could tell us if we should keep our money in our pockets for a bit longer, hoping to support our LGS in the near future, of if we should start trying to find Wyrd product somewhere else.

At least, to the henchmen, so we could talk directly to the local stores and keep our playerbase interested. The current global pandemic doesn't help, but having no news for the past 4 months (almost) is really killing the game.

All my local henchmen have all but quit :( I have done my best to drive games since M3E started and was just getting the ball moving again then things got locked down. The scene really needs tournaments to drive a local scene. Guess I might just have to do it myself. It seems like my local store gets the odd thing and my online crack dealer seems to get things but usually well after release. The Canadian malifaux scene really needs a bump to get moving again.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

The Covid-19 situation, alongside the M3E release and previous shipping and supply struggles, have devastated just about every gaming system, hell most businesses. I don't doubt that almost everywhere will require a giant kick start, I know that the last months in my home, Sydney, has probably seen only a handful of physical games and not much more firtual, I have not approached virtual gaming of any sort really. 

So here is hoping that folks that love this game emerge from isolation and work to revive a hobby we enjoy.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question: I made an online shop to a UK based FLGS and sent the receipt to Wyrd for the promotion, but didn't said in the message about the "extreme FLGS" as @Nathan Caroland said in his message (since I'm from Spain), do I need to send it again, or is there any promotions email account to write to and let them know? Or the third option, do nothing at all. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 7:25 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

Oh, I'm sure there are a dozen different ways some will put it. End of the day it doesn't make a load of difference. :)

It actually makes a huge difference at the end of the day. As other Canadians have asked, do you have any news for us? If we are unable to get product from our LGS, it will be hard to keep this game afloat. As for as I can see, the direct to retailer doesn't work with a store in Ontario, after import fees and transport. I know that I got charged $53 import taxes on a small $150 order from you.

Has there been any talks with Lion Rampant, or whatever they are calling themselves now? I know there are several communities looking to get up and running, and since we have handled the pandemic better than the US, we can start having in-person events again. Doesn't matter how good our Henchmen are if we can't get product into the new players' hands.

Any sort of feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

@ShinChan @Clockwork_Fish

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, farmoar said:

It actually makes a huge difference at the end of the day. As other Canadians have asked, do you have any news for us? If we are unable to get product from our LGS, it will be hard to keep this game afloat. As for as I can see, the direct to retailer doesn't work with a store in Ontario, after import fees and transport. I know that I got charged $53 import taxes on a small $150 order from you.

Has there been any talks with Lion Rampant, or whatever they are calling themselves now? I know there are several communities looking to get up and running, and since we have handled the pandemic better than the US, we can start having in-person events again. Doesn't matter how good our Henchmen are if we can't get product into the new players' hands.

Any sort of feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

@ShinChan @Clockwork_Fish

I think you are accidently misquoting Nathan there. 

What I think he was saying was that the reason why Lion Rampart no longer distributes Wyrd doesn't really make a difference to you at the end of the day, the fact is that they don't. 

I don't understand distribution models, retail and international taxes and import duties, nor profit margins in this sort of world, so I have no idea about the pricing other than you had a 33% mark up for taxes.  The nearest I have come is personal orders through the Wyrd webstore, and I have a larger mark up in terms of Taxes and Shipping than that to get them to the UK. How much of that is because getting things to the UK is more expensive, and we have a different tax regime, and how much is the fact I'm a private customer rather than a retailer, I don't know. Looking at the direst to retailer information, they don't get free shipping until $350 (American) at the earliest, so it might be that case your retailer was paying for the shipping of your order as well.

I have no knowledge about the situation other than what I read on these forums, but from the sounds of it Wyrd is happy to sell to Lion Rampart, and happy to sell direct to the LGSs. 

8 hours ago, Adran said:

I think you are accidently misquoting Nathan there. 

What I think he was saying was that the reason why Lion Rampart no longer distributes Wyrd doesn't really make a difference to you at the end of the day, the fact is that they don't. 

I don't understand distribution models, retail and international taxes and import duties, nor profit margins in this sort of world, so I have no idea about the pricing other than you had a 33% mark up for taxes.  The nearest I have come is personal orders through the Wyrd webstore, and I have a larger mark up in terms of Taxes and Shipping than that to get them to the UK. How much of that is because getting things to the UK is more expensive, and we have a different tax regime, and how much is the fact I'm a private customer rather than a retailer, I don't know. Looking at the direst to retailer information, they don't get free shipping until $350 (American) at the earliest, so it might be that case your retailer was paying for the shipping of your order as well.

I have no knowledge about the situation other than what I read on these forums, but from the sounds of it Wyrd is happy to sell to Lion Rampart, and happy to sell direct to the LGSs. 

Whether I am misquoting him or not, we are still looking for an answer from Wyrd, rather than being left in the dark. Selling direct to LGSs is not a feasible option based on our local stores; the community isnt big enough to make mass orders and hope for it to sell.

If they are happy to sell to Lion Rampart, but they don't want it, that is where the Sales Team gets involved. No action or response makes it seem like they don't care, and if they don't care, how are we supposed to?

If I'm not responding to you beyond what I have already done, that means there is nothing to report that you are going to like. I'm not going to give a weekly/monthly update if nothing has changed.

We continue to work on things behind the scenes, and will continue to do so in the future, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pop back and go 'alright, update as of ...'. Working on it, but if it doesn't pan out, its not for lack of effort. 

I very much appreciate the interest, and can understand the frustration (believe me, have more than a bit of it myself), but in this case no news is exactly that, nothing has changed as of yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So I've got a question regarding special orders in germany: Good Ol Boys will be available until the end of this month.

I've ordered them via fantasywelt.de ages ago but so far they have not yet received any special orders as it seems.

With September coming to an end soon: should I just order them via wyrds shop and pay the huge shipping costs? or will they be available throughout later months if the order was placed timely? 

21 minutes ago, Vader21 said:

Is there any information on why some items are unavailable for so long, i've ordered ironsides box and troubleshooters about 3 or 4 months ago via Wayland , both items are standing on restock expected for far too long now .

One of the players in my meta has been waiting quite a bit of time for Ironsides box too 😕

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, Vader21 said:

Is there any information on why some items are unavailable for so long, i've ordered ironsides box and troubleshooters about 3 or 4 months ago via Wayland , both items are standing on restock expected for far too long now .

Troubleshooters seem to be available these days...but Ironsides still not. Would be great to hear something on this.