Kyle

New Releases, Special Orders, and LGS Promotions, Oh My!

Hey Wyrdos,

We’ve got lots of news to share with you all today!

For starters, our Upcoming Releases have been updated all the way up to July.

Here are some standouts that will be hitting local game stores near you soon:

May

molly.jpeglevy.jpeg

beyond time.jpeg

June

wong.jpegmisaki.jpeg

GainingGroundsPack.png

July

lynch.png

lyssa.pngjuvy.png

To find all of our releases coming out shortly, make sure to visit our Upcoming Releases page regularly!

We also updated our Special Orders page to include some of the new models that are made available in that program. The Dispatcher, Alan Reid & False Witnesses, and the Dead Dandies are now added. For their pricing, and all of the other models available in the Special Order program, make sure to visit that page!

We’re also excited to announce that starting today, we are getting back into Local Game Store Promotions!

From now until June 14th, if you spend $75 or more on Wyrd products at your LGS, you can receive a Sparkle Steed (alt War Pig) miniature!

And right after that promotion is over, we’re doing it all over again with two Minicorns (two alt Piglets)!

For more information, check out the graphic below or visit our Promotions page.

Wyrd_LGS_PromoFlyer_June-July.jpg

That's it from us. Until next time!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hi @Kyle,

Sorry to be that guy, but in Spain we have serious issues with the new releases. The latest ones were the Dreamer batch, for instance Von Schtook which I bought from Wayland in November or Euripides in December haven't arrived yet. 

How are we supposed to buy in our LGS if there haven't been new releases for more than half a year? I bought the pony crew for my girlfriend and I really want to get those models, but if I can't get them by buying in Wayland (in the end, some other people LGS) there is no way for me to do it, and the same as me all the Spanish community (and I guess that goes to also for France and Italy who shares our distributor). 

Welp, the nice thing is that Dia Cash has finally pulled their thumb out, or more importantly, the fella that runs things over there is back in charge after it has been brought to his attention (multiple times, but hey, life). They placed a rather sizable order last month, and have been on the ball when calling for orders again, so hopefully that is some good news. While I could point, holler and bellyache (and I do privately :) ), we can't twist someones arm to pick up something. I do have some hope though that it'll be sorted now that its back proper hands. 

In the case of the folks that are getting jacked over on that side of the pond and are now picking their stuff up from Wayland or others who have been stepping up, put a note with it indicating that you've had to go 'extreme FLGS' on it and we'll take care of you. At this point, as long as a FLGS somewhere is benefiting, and not just some Amazon retailer or someone who has setup shop in their garage, we'll be happy to support them, and you, for the efforts. Again, you can pick up directly, curbside, OR have it shipped to you, and we'll honor it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Whats wrong with those that sell out of their garage? My online plastic crack dealer likely sells more Malifaux than anyone local to me and also supports the game via Twitch (likely more than almost anyone else too).

20 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Welp, the nice thing is that Dia Cash has finally pulled their thumb out, or more importantly, the fella that runs things over there is back in charge after it has been brought to his attention (multiple times, but hey, life). They placed a rather sizable order last month, and have been on the ball when calling for orders again, so hopefully that is some good news. While I could point, holler and bellyache (and I do privately :) ), we can't twist someones arm to pick up something. I do have some hope though that it'll be sorted now that its back proper hands. 

In the case of the folks that are getting jacked over on that side of the pond and are now picking their stuff up from Wayland or others who have been stepping up, put a note with it indicating that you've had to go 'extreme FLGS' on it and we'll take care of you. At this point, as long as a FLGS somewhere is benefiting, and not just some Amazon retailer or someone who has setup shop in their garage, we'll be happy to support them, and you, for the efforts. Again, you can pick up directly, curbside, OR have it shipped to you, and we'll honor it. 

Such very good news!! Thanks @Nathan Caroland!! I'll tell my community and at least I will wait as long as I can before the May promotion ends to get my models from Diacash and our LGS.

There you go, good things happen too. 

33 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Since it looks that some distributors are starting to move the product again, any news about East Canada? 🥺

5 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Since it looks that some distributors are starting to move the product again, any news about East Canada? 🥺

Seems like all of Canada is getting the shaft. Have been for ages. Unfortunately it seems like I am the only local one pushing to resurrect the game locally :( Hence why I have been buying from my online plastic crack dealer. It does seem like another large online retailer is getting stock but these two are about it.

Once the world is healthy enough to game together again I hope to do a big push to get more people playing locally.

1 hour ago, Stonewall78 said:

Seems like all of Canada is getting the shaft. Have been for ages. Unfortunately it seems like I am the only local one pushing to resurrect the game locally :( Hence why I have been buying from my online plastic crack dealer. It does seem like another large online retailer is getting stock but these two are about it.

Once the world is healthy enough to game together again I hope to do a big push to get more people playing locally.

In the East, we had two stores in Montréal that were being supplied by Lion Rampant. But when Lion Rampant stopped the disttibution (after Wyrd announced the Direct to Retail program), both stores stopped getting new product and it's not worth for them (import taxes and freight forwarder reduce the profits to a very small margin). 

Now one of them is considering keep selling, but only if they manage to get some customer base, we'll see.

19 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

In the East, we had two stores in Montréal that were being supplied by Lion Rampant. But when Lion Rampant stopped the disttibution (after Wyrd announced the Direct to Retail program), both stores stopped getting new product and it's not worth for them (import taxes and freight forwarder reduce the profits to a very small margin). 

Now one of them is considering keep selling, but only if they manage to get some customer base, we'll see.

Yup basically one of the reasons I have to shop online. Trying to rebuild the local player base these days.

@Nathan Caroland: Just to clarify, do you mean we can use online order receipes for the promo this time due to coronavirus? Do they need to be from the same country? I live in Denmark and there are no retailers who have any kind of decent malifaux stock and even if they would they do not sell it online. So my only option is wayland at this point.

Humm sorry, but I don't understand how it works for the 75$ or more. 
For exemple, I'm in France, if I buy for 75$ or more, I have to send my receipes to wyrd ? And who send me the bonus models ? Wyrd ? My store ? Cause if it's wyrd, will I pay the shippment ? 

14 minutes ago, Lidiaz said:

Humm sorry, but I don't understand how it works for the 75$ or more. 
For exemple, I'm in France, if I buy for 75$ or more, I have to send my receipes to wyrd ? And who send me the bonus models ? Wyrd ? My store ? Cause if it's wyrd, will I pay the shippment ? 

You send you receipts to wyrd ( electronically) following the instructions on the promotion page and they send you the model. You have nothing extra to pay. ( unless your country has additional taxes they apply, but it's always been below the limits when I've done it in the UK. I would imagine since its a free gift it's not eligible for taxes in most countries but who knows). 

• Like 1

My local store is close for moving and I can't get to anywhere else but I have plenty of online stores I can order from, can I use one of those to buy from and give online order receipt as they don't all put recipes in parcels now,I buy alot from my local one when there open thanks

I had my first try on special orders in Europe from Wayland.

It worked perfectly so I would like to give Wyrd a big thank you !

I will probably order Kitty separately once the special order is available since I already own the full honeypot keyword except for her.

As to the Aversions, they are really cool and the Lyssa are not bad either. I can't wait to order them in July :D.

9 hours ago, Khormy said:

@Nathan Caroland: Just to clarify, do you mean we can use online order receipes for the promo this time due to coronavirus? Do they need to be from the same country? I live in Denmark and there are no retailers who have any kind of decent malifaux stock and even if they would they do not sell it online. So my only option is wayland at this point.

Webstores are accepted as long as they are connected to a retailer with a storefront somewhere, even if it's not in your home country. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For the Future Releases page and the newsletters, would it be possible to add the keyword info for those boxes where it's not otherwise stated? I realise it's in the images, but it would be nice to be able to search the page text or just to see at a glance in the email.

When the details just say "WYR23114  Run Them Down   $55.00", as a player it's hard to know whether to be interested or not. The keywords are a really good system for telling people whether a box will work with their current collection - I think we should leverage it more. "WYR23114  Run Them Down  [Guard]  $55.00" would be nice!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Anyone else having issues getting product in the US? I’m trying to put together an order and apparently there is only one distributor who still carries malifaux and is out of most stuff. One of my shops can’t get anything and the other is dealing with the before mentioned distributor.

On 5/18/2020 at 4:02 PM, Nosilloc said:

Anyone else having issues getting product in the US? I’m trying to put together an order and apparently there is only one distributor who still carries malifaux and is out of most stuff. One of my shops can’t get anything and the other is dealing with the before mentioned distributor.

Your LGS may want to look to see about obtaining stock directly from Wyrd https://www.wyrd-games.net/direct-to-retail as its been hard for distrbibutors to the breadth of products out there these days.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:45 PM, Stonewall78 said:

Yup basically one of the reasons I have to shop online. Trying to rebuild the local player base these days.

Same problem in Ontario.  My LGS was planning to try getting together a bulk order for regulars, try and make it profitable.  Then everything went ass over tea kettle and we all got stuck in our homes in a global pandemic.  And while I admit to ordering a couple things through the Easter sale, I don't want to make a habit of it because I really want to support my LGS right now by buying stuff for games they can actually stock.  I still enjoy Malifaux and really like 3rd ed.  It was looking like things were picking up until the direct to retail feud with Lion Rampant.  Really don't want this to be the end of it in Canada, so I hope it gets addressed.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Clockwork_Fish said:

I still enjoy Malifaux and really like 3rd ed.  It was looking like things were picking up until the direct to retail feud with Lion Rampant.  Really don't want this to be the end of it in Canada, so I hope it gets addressed.

There was jack all of a direct to retail feud with Lion Rampant. It coincided rather nicely with Asmodee now owning them. But hey, a feud sounds more exciting ...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

There was jack all of a direct to retail feud with Lion Rampant. It coincided rather nicely with Asmodee now owning them. But hey, a feud sounds more exciting ...

The explanation I got from my LGS was that Lion Rampant thought the direct to retail program was trying to cut them out of the picture, so they stopped stocking Malifaux.  If that's not actually the case, then fine, my mistake.

@Nathan Caroland Regarding the Canadian situation...

Maybe is too much to ask, but would be nice if you could tell us if we should keep our money in our pockets for a bit longer, hoping to support our LGS in the near future, of if we should start trying to find Wyrd product somewhere else.

At least, to the henchmen, so we could talk directly to the local stores and keep our playerbase interested. The current global pandemic doesn't help, but having no news for the past 4 months (almost) is really killing the game.