Out of Keyword Tech!

GremlinDaycare

Whiskey Golem is always a solid choice when one needs a tough, mobile beater model. He's reliable, simple to use, and self-sufficient. As a bonus, people don't tend to take all that much anti-armor stuff against Gremlins so he can be monstrously durable in the right circumstances. Wp 5 is a definite weakness, though.

I've also taken Spawn Mother with Mah as Focus makes Mother's damage track very, very juicy and Gupps can be handy in some situations.

Spawn Mother is your scheme runner generator. It fits well in almost every crew when you need to add some extra mobility.

Gluttony vs marker terrains and also the Emissary for the same purpose.

Sparks if you're planning to face a lot of armor and Swine Cursed for the same.

Big Brain Brin as condition removal guy. Thanks to intuition he's (almost) always going to hit the TN and he's going to give focus instead of the condition.

Rami when you need to add some long range support.

Bokors as a general support, heals and makes you draw cards.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had a chance to try the spawn mother, but I really like The Sow. She generates scheme runners and does pretty well in melee. With help from another model, she can drop 2 piglets turn 1, without much card support. Piglets are pretty good scheme runners, with reckless and the ability to drop a scheme instead of a corpse when they die.

I've been meaning to try Taxidermists with Somer. Big Hat leaves corpses all over the place, so there might be a good source for stuffed and flying pigs.

Recently tried out Pigapult too. It seems like a champ for repositioning, and the MV15 pulse is hard to resist.

• 4 weeks later...

In scheme heavy games I have had good success using an OOK SlopHauler in my Zipp and Mah Tucket crews. Rooster Riders and The First Mate are beasts which means they can carry the SlopHauler up the flank to have him start summoning Piglets to run around and scheme. The First Mate and the Rooster Riders are hard hitting enough that your opponent will think twice about what to send after the SlopHauler and best of all the SlopHaluer can toss out Adversary Beasts giving positive flips to the Rooster Rider, First Mate and any piglets he summoned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2020 at 3:39 PM, Thatguy said:

I haven't had a chance to try the spawn mother, but I really like The Sow. She generates scheme runners and does pretty well in melee. With help from another model, she can drop 2 piglets turn 1, without much card support. Piglets are pretty good scheme runners, with reckless and the ability to drop a scheme instead of a corpse when they die.

I've been meaning to try Taxidermists with Somer. Big Hat leaves corpses all over the place, so there might be a good source for stuffed and flying pigs.

Recently tried out Pigapult too. It seems like a champ for repositioning, and the MV15 pulse is hard to resist.

I use the Pigapult in my Brewmaster crews all the time if I need the extra movement. Also being able to toss an Akaname 18" for it to drop two markers is gold!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Had another idea for a potential OOK take. 

Bokors+ inferiority Complex. Of you're taken your own cheap models you could potentially Deja Vu three times a turn for discard 3, draw 6. Also Bully helps thier Obey quite a bit. 

Maybe a bit expensive at 9ss OoK, but I'm a sucker for card draw engines. 

19 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Had another idea for a potential OOK take. 

Bokors+ inferiority Complex. Of you're taken your own cheap models you could potentially Deja Vu three times a turn for discard 3, draw 6. Also Bully helps thier Obey quite a bit. 

Maybe a bit expensive at 9ss OoK, but I'm a sucker for card draw engines. 

I think this is not the best way to spend 2 extra stones. A Bayou Gremlin that will stay next to Bokor and kick it twice each turn for fast and 2 glowie is better.

You'll need at least one Bokor's action to heal back after it was hurt to get fast. Also you'll need to keep something cheap close to Bokor to benefit from Bully. So you get 10 free suits (2 per turn) for 4 stones (2ss upgrade and 2ss bayou gremlin to heal). We don't have many good cheap support models so the chances to obey something with a free suit are very low. And this means that Bokor stays in backline for all 5 turns and doesn't heal our brave boys in the frontline.

I think in real game Bokor will not get more than 3-4 free suits from Bully. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scoffer said:

I think this is not the best way to spend 2 extra stones. A Bayou Gremlin that will stay next to Bokor and kick it twice each turn for fast and 2 glowie is better.

You'll need at least one Bokor's action to heal back after it was hurt to get fast. Also you'll need to keep something cheap close to Bokor to benefit from Bully. So you get 10 free suits (2 per turn) for 4 stones (2ss upgrade and 2ss bayou gremlin to heal). We don't have many good cheap support models so the chances to obey something with a free suit are very low. And this means that Bokor stays in backline for all 5 turns and doesn't heal our brave boys in the frontline.

I think in real game Bokor will not get more than 3-4 free suits from Bully. 

Good point. i guess I was thinking more for Ophelia and Zorida who have cheap totems. Or Ulix and Somer who will have cheap summons to target for card draw. Somer can summon Criers and Ulix's crew already has a ton of ways to spread AP.

Healing Energy is range 8, and Obey 12. I don't think leaving them in the back should be much of an issue, since they'll have range to a chunk of the middle of the board with a single move. The Swagger focus could be helpful in getting better heals or the blast off Swamp Spirits too. I'll have to try it some and let you know. 

42 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Good point. i guess I was thinking more for Ophelia and Zorida who have cheap totems. Or Ulix and Somer who will have cheap summons to target for card draw. Somer can summon Criers and Ulix's crew already has a ton of ways to spread AP.

Healing Energy is range 8, and Obey 12. I don't think leaving them in the back should be much of an issue, since they'll have range to a chunk of the middle of the board with a single move. The Swagger focus could be helpful in getting better heals or the blast off Swamp Spirits too. I'll have to try it some and let you know. 

Ophelia, Zoraida and Somer have enough cheap actions to hit Bokor and give him all glowy in the world for any suits you need. 

On 9/9/2020 at 12:16 PM, Scoffer said:

Ophelia, Zoraida and Somer have enough cheap actions to hit Bokor and give him all glowy in the world for any suits you need. 

Ophelia's totems are probably better off slapping Sammy around for cards. 

I think you're probably right about Zorida and Somer though. The built-in Frantic Attack and relenting sounds like a good way to stack glowy. Leaving a Bayou gremlin behind isn't a huge investment with Somer either.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 1:21 AM, eddy said:

Lucky emissary/ gluttony vs Titania, for marer removal

On 5/15/2020 at 10:24 AM, ShinChan said:

Gluttony vs marker terrains and also the Emissary for the same purpose.

So I figured I would ask here instead of making a new thread. What do you guys think about Gluttony? 

I was thinking about running him with Somer. With skeeters and bayou gremlins dying all over the place, there are probably enough corpses around to consistently get 4 damage off Maddening Drums.

I also want to use him with Zipp. Mostly because I want to make a model eat an entire piano.

17 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

So I figured I would ask here instead of making a new thread. What do you guys think about Gluttony? 

I was thinking about running him with Somer. With skeeters and bayou gremlins dying all over the place, there are probably enough corpses around to consistently get 4 damage off Maddening Drums.

I also want to use him with Zipp. Mostly because I want to make a model eat an entire piano.

Best combo is with Wong:

• You hire a Bushwacker that drops a trap
  • Mechanized Porkchop drops a Scrap inside the trap
  • Olivia uses Set Charge
  • You have Sparks in range of the Scrap for "Scrapyard Mines"
  • Use Gluttony:
    • 1 Damage from the Pit Trap + Injured +1
    • 1 Damage from Scrapyard Mines + Injured +1
    • 2 Damages from Set Charge from Olivia
    • 4 Damages from Maddening Drums

Total of 8 damages and Injured +2

Is it worth the actions required for the set up? I don't think so, but it's funny :P I did it without the Olivia Part, just hiring the other pieces with Mah for a total of 6 damages and Injured +2.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Best combo is with Wong:

• Olivia uses Set Charge
  • Use Gluttony:

You missed Porkchop's Vent Steam, which is one more hazardous damage )

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Best combo is with Wong:

• Olivia uses Set Charge
  • Use Gluttony:

Is it worth the actions required for the set up? I don't think so, but it's funny :P I did it without the Olivia Part, just hiring the other pieces with Mah for a total of 6 damages and Injured +2.

When a dudes gotta eat he's gotta eat.