Am I Gonna Need A Guttony, Too?

Jesy Blue

So, with Maddening drums....

Screenshot_20200506-130142.thumb.jpg.e5d58b663ff501fac086ccfc32f30bfe.jpg

... can target a friendly model and a Strategy marker with the target's range, then move happily into base contact with the marker taking no damage at all because...

Screenshot_20200506-130209.jpg.2e511744f99d4e01a1715864fe914e6a.jpg

... making a nice easy happy push into three of the four Season 1 Strategies?

If this is true, then I'm gonna have to buy my 5th Crossroards model (I should have just bought the box initially).

• Agree 1

Oh good... forgot to check the FAQ first, silly me.

Honestly having 4 of the 7 individually purchased already made me feel like a loser.

I don't think that's correct. I read the extract from the faq as "the strategy marker cannot be affected". In the above example it is the model that is affected by the move but the strategy marker could not be removed. 

Not sure if there's something else in the faq that cuts across it. 

8 minutes ago, Rosskov said:

I don't think that's correct. I read the extract from the faq as "the strategy marker cannot be affected". In the above example it is the model that is affected by the move but the strategy marker could not be removed. 

Look in the bayou section. It asks if you can use a strategy marker for the cost of maddening drums, and answers no you can't.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rosskov said:

So, specifically, in the Bayou section of the FAQ:

Gluttony – Can Gluttony choose a Strategy Marker for the Cost of its Maddening Drums Action?
a) No. Choosing a Strategy Marker is a way of affecting it, along with targeting, moving, removing, selecting, counting, etc. No effects can affect Strategy Markers unless the effect specifies it can.

Note that the FAQ question is referring to the italics text "Choose a Marker within 6" and LoS of the target" when it says "the Cost" of that action.

You cannot even -choose- the strategy marker with that action.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

As previously stated, you can’t select strategy markers with Maddening Drums.... but Gluttony is an absolute rock star (no pun intended) and is arguably the best of the Crossroads 7 members.  He is incredibly powerful and flexible.  You should *absolutely* have him if you are serious about playing Bayou.  He can be absolutely crippling for some opposing crews that utilize any type markers such as pyres, ice pillars shadow markers, underbrush, corpses, scrap..... the list goes on.  

Try him out, you won’t be disappointed.

• 2 months later...

Just to flesh this Attack out a little:

So you can use Maddening Drums to "Push the target into base contact with the chosen Marker". Does anyone read this as not specifying a maximum distance on said Push? The Attack text allows multiple Markers to be removed (as long as they're in base contact), so I'm just wondering how much leeway you'd have on where the target model ends up. If the closest edge of the chosen Marker was the maximum 6" away from the target, I'm thinking that there's nothing in the wording of the Attack that says you'd only be able to Push the target to that closest edge - you should be able to Push it all the way to the other edge, or halfway over the Marker, just as long as the target ends the Push in contact with it. Yes?

(The wording also neatly avoids the "Push towards" and "Push away from" stipulations, so you already have freedom of positioning in the sense that you can Push towards either outside edge of the Marker, rather than just the middle.)

2 hours ago, solkan said:

According to the last M2E FAQ, “into base contact” stopped at the closest base edge.  Even if you had the ability to move through what you pushed to contact with.

Might want to correct that number.

• Haha 2

It can be tricky to hit multiple markers but if there are markers super close to each other it’s possible. 

he really becomes a beast of a model when facing crews who want to drop scheme markers near your stuff.

Also let’s mention the most bonkers thing about Gluttony - Mv 6! I have no idea why he is so fast but it sure is nice (and always catches your opponent off guard lol) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OracleToronto said:

It can be tricky to hit multiple markers but if there are markers super close to each other it’s possible. 

he really becomes a beast of a model when facing crews who want to drop scheme markers near your stuff.

Also let’s mention the most bonkers thing about Gluttony - Mv 6! I have no idea why he is so fast but it sure is nice (and always catches your opponent off guard lol) 

To catch his food! 

• Haha 2