Henchman Hardcore and Enf Brawl

World, In 2e I was addicted to these two playstyles. I've started to work through these in 3e and have found some fun interactions. My new enforcer friend is the guild effigy. 

I am interested in your experience with 3e Enforcer Brawl and Henchcore! This is going to help a school club around Malifaux. Thank you for your time. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've played a handful HH games. It's really fun stripped down version of the game imo. However, the set schemes and strat and the exactly 4 models restriction means the interactions between models are quite different. There's a large percentage of models that simply will not show up because they get their value from summoning, or interaction with a high number of models, or because their job is scheme marker related.

Henchcore is a great way to introduce people to the game. Lots of focus on fighting, but you won’t win, if you ignore planting explosives. 

It’s also a great way to test out new models, since every model counts a little more in these games. While they’re fast-paced and quickly over with to make your observations. 

Both are pretty fun, but very much skewed to certain models/crews. In enforcer brawl, Archie was absolutely nuts before his nerf. I think I scored something like 21 VP with him when I played him in Enf brawl.  Henchman hardcore is... Well, hardcore. It is designed for tournament play, and is a pretty brutal format.

But they can be fun, silly formats and worth a go! Just know that some people may dominate pretty strongly if they take the right model/crew.

On 6/2/2020 at 12:39 AM, Jesy Blue said:

When we had a lot of time in the shop, we would play a simple game to determine who would be the attacker of the full game.

Then how would you determine who would be the attacker of the HH?

Back in the day of gaming, we used HH all the time. It was a great format as we did not have a lot of time for a full tournament and getting my community to show up for a Saturday event was like pulling teeth off a honey badger. It has it limits, but you know that going in. I hope to one day be able to play it again some day.