The Other Side: Now Available on Vassal!

Kyle

I'm excited for this, but on quick glance, the Fate decks windows are broken, until you pull out a number of cards, discard them all, then reshuffle.

Also a shame there isn't an App like the Malifaux app for tracking wounds /  conditions / glory as it's a far better interface than Vassal.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, brian291 said:

I'm excited for this, but on quick glance, the Fate decks windows are broken, until you pull out a number of cards, discard them all, then reshuffle.

Also a shame there isn't an App like the Malifaux app for tracking wounds /  conditions / glory as it's a far better interface than Vassal.

Wouldn't say a "shame there isn't an App". It would be a good addition, I admit, but not mandatory (at least for vassal)
There is everything you need directly on Vassal. I think I'll have to spend a bit of time to make everything work but at the moment, it's pretty good.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, LeperColony said:

So we found that if you play on the plain map, the cards work properly.  But if you use one of the pre-set maps, they do not.

Would this apply if you made your own map based on the plain map?!

Kind of an odd bug 😂

1 minute ago, brian291 said:

Would this apply if you made your own map based on the plain map?!

Kind of an odd bug 😂

To be honest, not sure.  I was doing a demo for a player in my local meta, so we just used a pre-set map and flipped at home.  No fairness issues when it's just a teaching game with someone you know.

EDIT:  We also found that it became quite laggy, much more so than I've ever seen with Malifaux vassal.  Of course, there could be many causes for this and it's not necessarily connected to the module.

However, the module does do some things automatically that the Malifaux one won't.  For instance, if you click on any model, its card appears on the reference.  If you buy a stratagem, it automatically deducts from your tactics tokens, etc.  It's possible these additional elements are leading to performance issues, but I can't say that with any certainty.

• Thanks 1