Waldo's Weekly - Bottom of the Sea

MattM

Hey Wyrdos!

This week, Waldo got bored and decided he’d break out his summertime water gun a bit early. Of course he did it right as we were finishing up answering correspondence from some new esteemed colleagues. Waldo’s aquatic attack almost ruined our letters. We’ve set them out in the sun, but they just don’t seem to dry.

We aren’t saying the water he used was magic, but, well… take a look for yourselves:

WaldosWeekly_4.29.2020_Document.jpg

Attached was also this drawing…

WaldosWeekly_4.29.2020_Tidecaller_Art.jpg

Any ideas on what that might be? It seems like our new friends have some ideas. Maybe we’ll be hearing from them again soon?

In the meantime, let’s see what he might look like on the table:

WaldosWeekly_4.29.2020_Tidecaller_Render.jpg

That’s all for this week, Wyrdos. Waldo’s squirt gun has been confiscated, but he’ll no doubt be back to his hijinks in no time…

• Like 9

I really that means we'll have a sailor/pirate themed crew in the explorer's society 🙂

Also, I bet this model has the "Elemental" keyword so that it can be taken into a Sandeep crew!

Just like the Malifausaurus Rex has the Fae keyword &the spelleater has the witchunder keyword, keeping the trend of dual keyword models in explorer society's crews.

• Like 1

This has me fired up.

1. Sailor themed explorers crew, awesome
  2. Water Golem?? We already have Air elementals and Fire elementals. Then we have Metal (quasi-earth) and Ice (quasi water). The ide of a Water Golem, maybe Water Gamin is cool. I'd love to see an Air Golem.
  3. It simply looks cool regardless.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Wintergloom said:

From the note at the top it sounds more like the experiment of a scientist. 

Liking the sculpt, it's gonna be fun to paint :) 

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that this fits in the same crew as the Brocken Spectre previewed a while back.

Now, obviously its more likely that will be in a darker, ghost-themed crew along with the Daeva, but both the Brocken Spectre and this Tidecaller look to be somewhat restrained by technology, so the crew could instead be a mad scientist trying to (literally!) harness nature spirits instead.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone else seeing similarities to the tidehunter from Dota? I like the moray head and crab claw arm. Kind of wish the whole thing went with the more bio-engineered animal aspect than the water elemental motif, if for no other reason, it's gonna be tricky to paint ;D Could be a neat dayglow or translucent model though!

Excited to see more of the themes of these crews.