Bad things happen

Corwin

In my game today a had a mature Nephilim  get buried by a DMR my opponent's first activation of turn two. I activated the neph in response flipping the BJ for my unburry and leaving him gone for the round. The other DMR got the Neph down to 3 wounds. Start of turn 3 I cheat high to go first with my neph and flip the BJ again to unburry. The first DMR that activated killed the Neph and put a giant crimp in my plans. I ended up losing 6-3. If I had another activation with a big angry  neph in his crew who knows how the game might have been different. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, diki said:

What is a DMR?

Death Marshall Recruiter would be my guess.

My favorite story is M2 based, when I had a bayou gremlin attacking Bad Juju, with a  slim chance to kill him. My first attack I flipped black joker, but then so did Juju, so I flipped damage using the last cards from my deck. If I could just hit him again I'd get the kill. I shuffled my deck and made my second attack, and then flipped Black joker again, which unfortunately wasn't enough to actually hit him a second time

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Corwin said:

In my game today a had a mature Nephilim  get buried by a DMR my opponent's first activation of turn two. I activated the neph in response flipping the BJ for my unburry and leaving him gone for the round. The other DMR got the Neph down to 3 wounds. Start of turn 3 I cheat high to go first with my neph and flip the BJ again to unburry. The first DMR that activated killed the Neph and put a giant crimp in my plans. I ended up losing 6-3. If I had another activation with a big angry  neph in his crew who knows how the game might have been different. 

I saw this thread and knew immediately what it would be about.   Those flips were so devastating.

• Agree 1

On 4/29/2020 at 3:34 PM, Azkral said:

ancient pact is useful in mature nephilims if you hire them. You avoid that bad luck. 

I already put IR on him so I can make him charge with every other  model in the crew. Also I have both packs on changelings. Not that these things can't change but that alters the whole playstyle of having a mature in my Lucius crew.