Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Since the GG1 this Neverborn-Subforum seems quite dead. I still play Neverborn and want to push it.¬†Therefor I stole the Idea of an SUYL-Thread from Guild. ūüėĄ

Lets see your lists, schemes, strats, and opposing master..... and if you want you can let us know how it went.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used this list in a Public Enemies game with corner deployment against Shenlong (post nerf).

  • Titania - 8ss Cache
  • Gorar - Totem
  • Killjoy - 10ss
  • Rougarou + Ancient Pact - 10ss
  • Black Blood Shaman 1 - 6+1ss
  • Black Blood Shaman 2 - 6+1ss
  • Waldgeist + Ancient Pact - 8ss

The goal of this list was to get early Public Execution points with Titania's alpha strike potential and tankiness. Killjoy, the Rougarou and the two Black Blood Shamans were all picked to enhance Titania's killing potential. Killjoy increased her damage with Blood Sacrifice, the Black Blood Shamans gave her Focus +2 and the Rougarou pushed her up 12" turn 1.

I managed to activate Titania back to back end of turn 1, start of turn 2 due in part to ill omens and managed to kill a Samurai with Silent Protector and The Lone Swordsman.

Combining the Rougarou's Intimidating Roar with Titania's Cradle of Life trigger makes her ridiculously mobile and allows you to hit pretty much any model on the board (even in corner deployment).

While powering up Titania was my main focus, it didn't leave my crew worthless, the Black Blood Shamans can turn into spooky Mature Nephilim just by doing their focus shenanigans and the Rougarou gets to move using Deadly Pursuit even if it uses both it's actions first turn.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LexLock said:

I used this list in a Public Enemies game with corner deployment against Shenlong (post nerf).

  • Titania - 8ss Cache
  • Gorar - Totem
  • Killjoy - 10ss
  • Rougarou + Ancient Pact - 10ss
  • Black Blood Shaman 1 - 6+1ss
  • Black Blood Shaman 2 - 6+1ss
  • Waldgeist + Ancient Pact - 8ss

The goal of this list was to get early Public Execution points with Titania's alpha strike potential and tankiness. Killjoy, the Rougarou and the two Black Blood Shamans were all picked to enhance Titania's killing potential. Killjoy increased her damage with Blood Sacrifice, the Black Blood Shamans gave her Focus +2 and the Rougarou pushed her up 12" turn 1.

I managed to activate Titania back to back end of turn 1, start of turn 2 due in part to ill omens and managed to kill a Samurai with Silent Protector and The Lone Swordsman.

Combining the Rougarou's Intimidating Roar with Titania's Cradle of Life trigger makes her ridiculously mobile and allows you to hit pretty much any model on the board (even in corner deployment).

While powering up Titania was my main focus, it didn't leave my crew worthless, the Black Blood Shamans can turn into spooky Mature Nephilim just by doing their focus shenanigans and the Rougarou gets to move using Deadly Pursuit even if it uses both it's actions first turn.

Do you end up losing out on Bounty tokens that way if you get too many on Titania before you've scored any VP?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dzlier said:

Do you end up losing out on Bounty tokens that way if you get too many on Titania before you've scored any VP?

Yes, but I think it is worth it for the lead you can get on your opponent. Sure I may lose out on some strat VP late game but my opponent lost two beaters and didn't really have a way to get Bounty tokens, with the only target in range being Titania who is hard to kill and nearly impossible to pin down.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the Silent Knight (Killjoy) in Public enemies, it's 3 points that are almost impossible to get for your opponent.

I like the BBS, I follow a similar approach with Reva in order to get that focus boost in turn 1&2 to compensate the lack of card draw. Nice idea @LexLock !

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still play 2 games on Vassal both are at the start of turn 4 and seem close.

 

1st match against leveticus: recover evidence, wedge, sabotage, hidden martyrs, take prisoner, spread them out, claim jump

I took Hinamatsu, Effigy, Vasilisa, Coryphee Duet, Bunraku, Bunraku, Stiched, Stiched... a lot of lure on my crew so I took take prisoner, and in combination with the Strategy I chose hidden martyrs... It got quite bloody for me, since Leveticus and ashes&dust are both realy agressive...  

 

2nd mach against Reva: Symbols of Authority, Wedge, hidden martyrs, claim jump, leave your mark, assassinate, take prisoner

My first mach with Dreamer: The Dreamer, LCB, Teddy, Coppelius, Serena Bowman, Stiched, Daydream + AP, Daydream + AP...

I chose claim jump with Teddy and assassinate. the claim jump was quite tough though since nearly the whole Reva crew started to bubble up around the centerpoint... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2020 at 1:47 PM, LexLock said:

I used this list in a Public Enemies game with corner deployment against Shenlong (post nerf).

  • Titania - 8ss Cache
  • Gorar - Totem
  • Killjoy - 10ss
  • Rougarou + Ancient Pact - 10ss
  • Black Blood Shaman 1 - 6+1ss
  • Black Blood Shaman 2 - 6+1ss
  • Waldgeist + Ancient Pact - 8ss

The goal of this list was to get early Public Execution points with Titania's alpha strike potential and tankiness. Killjoy, the Rougarou and the two Black Blood Shamans were all picked to enhance Titania's killing potential. Killjoy increased her damage with Blood Sacrifice, the Black Blood Shamans gave her Focus +2 and the Rougarou pushed her up 12" turn 1.

I managed to activate Titania back to back end of turn 1, start of turn 2 due in part to ill omens and managed to kill a Samurai with Silent Protector and The Lone Swordsman.

Combining the Rougarou's Intimidating Roar with Titania's Cradle of Life trigger makes her ridiculously mobile and allows you to hit pretty much any model on the board (even in corner deployment).

While powering up Titania was my main focus, it didn't leave my crew worthless, the Black Blood Shamans can turn into spooky Mature Nephilim just by doing their focus shenanigans and the Rougarou gets to move using Deadly Pursuit even if it uses both it's actions first turn.

Isn't it a bit awkward getting any use out of Blood Sacrifice on Titania? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, esqulax said:

Isn't it a bit awkward getting any use out of Blood Sacrifice on Titania? 

I use it for the hazardous damage. You just need an undergrowth marker near Titania and the thing you're trying to kill, then use her bonus action to move it under Titania (and preferably the enemy), pinging her for a damage and activating the hazardous.

Given I am often already using the Cradle of life trigger to get close to my target, it isn't that awkward to position it a little closer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LexLock said:

I use it for the hazardous damage. You just need an undergrowth marker near Titania and the thing you're trying to kill, then use her bonus action to move it under Titania (and preferably the enemy), pinging her for a damage and activating the hazardous.

Given I am often already using the Cradle of life trigger to get close to my target, it isn't that awkward to position it a little closer.

Yeah, I got that, but Titania has range 8 on all her good stuff. Isn't it better to stand back more and maybe also get in another shot? I would assume that would also make it easier to hit more models with queens command. 

I might give it a shot to try it out, but I can't help but feel that it is a little clunky on paper. The one time I have tried Killjoy he was also a huge underperformer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, esqulax said:

Yeah, I got that, but Titania has range 8 on all her good stuff. Isn't it better to stand back more and maybe also get in another shot? I would assume that would also make it easier to hit more models with queens command. 

I might give it a shot to try it out, but I can't help but feel that it is a little clunky on paper. The one time I have tried Killjoy he was also a huge underperformer. 

It probably depends on who you are facing. If they are all :meleethen they are unlikely to be 8" from Titania. I would assume in an ideal world, you are ping ponging 2 underbrush markers with queens command, starting with one in base contact. Pull marker 2 in, and make marker 1 hazardous, then push marker 1 out to under an enemy model. Then use as many movement tricks as you can to get extra damage. It will typically let the into the thorns trigger do +2 damage, if not +3 or more (If you place an unactivated model into hazardous its almost always going to take at least 1 more damage as it moves out of terrain).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a Henchman Hardcore afternoon fielding :

Lord Chompy Butts, Serena Bowman, 2x Insidious Madness

First facing off vs Guild - Francisco, Santiago, Papa Loco, Pistolero

A great fight, Chompy got taken out, but the speed and resilience of the rest of the crew won the day - 7 vs 6

 

Second Fight was against Bayou - McTavish, First Mate, 2x Silurid

First blood was drawn by Serena vs the Mate with a red joker for 7 damage, quite soon after there were only a couple of scared silurids left - 6 vs 3

 

Third fight was against Thunders -  Huggy, Graves, 2x Illuminated

First time I played Honeypot, and I gotta say, Huggy is a beast, he held up the two madnesses and Serena for 4 turns, while Chompy got killed too soon by Graves. But I was really impressed about the stamina of the madnesses, I only lost one, but constantly healed back up - 3 vs 5

-

So I wanted to give IM a chance, as I’ve never really had them on the table, and I must say, they’re amazing. My Dreamer will definitely aim to use them more.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

 I Played Dreamer vs. Shen Long:

Recover Evidence! Catch and release, claim jump, hidden martyrs, spread them out, sabotage.

My Crew was:

Dreamer, LCB, Teddy, Serena, Stiched, Madness, 3x Daydream + 2 Ancient Pact

I took Claim jump with teddy and catch and release with madness. To get the Schemes was really easy thanks to Daydream, IM and Teddy. Daydreams moved Teddy up real fast, terrorize kept the enemy at distance and scatter secured the jump. my enemy had a dawn serpend and a high river monk and handed out quite some burning so serena was my fire dept. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, extremor said:

 I Played Dreamer vs. Shen Long:

Recover Evidence! Catch and release, claim jump, hidden martyrs, spread them out, sabotage.

My Crew was:

Dreamer, LCB, Teddy, Serena, Stiched, Madness, 3x Daydream + 2 Ancient Pact

I took Claim jump with teddy and catch and release with madness. To get the Schemes was really easy thanks to Daydream, IM and Teddy. Daydreams moved Teddy up real fast, terrorize kept the enemy at distance and scatter secured the jump. my enemy had a dawn serpend and a high river monk and handed out quite some burning so serena was my fire dept. 

 

Nice :) not many crews can match Nightmare for Claim Jump, so nice crew comp there! I usually use Serena, but I suppose Teddy is more self-contained?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Nice :) not many crews can match Nightmare for Claim Jump, so nice crew comp there! I usually use Serena, but I suppose Teddy is more self-contained?

I prefere using teddy for the jump since he always moves up straight forward towards the center. Serena sometimes got better things to do like supporting an IM/Stiched/Alp to kill some schemerunner. I like to twist reality (WP) an opponent model, unbury a summoned Alp and afterwards use horrific reality to kill it with serenas melee-attack.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had another Henchman Hardcore.

First was 

Candy, Kade, Teddy, Sorrow

And they were brutal vs Old Major, The Sow, a War Pig and a bayou Gremlin. Sadly he outplayed me with Explosives¬†and it was a tie. But the crew felt as playing a full ‚Äėdora crew.¬†
 

Then another round of

LCB, Serena + 2 Madness

vs

First Mate and friends. Sadly it wasn’t a good game. My opponent had the worst draw, and never had a chance. While my crew could just take the punches, regenerate and hit back harder. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I took a list tonight with two Black Blood Shaman against Collette and it's the first time in a while that I've felt THAT in control of what's happening on my side of the table.

I may make pool-dependent substitutions, but I can't wait to play this list next:

 

Zoraida - 8ss cache

Widow Weaver

Spawn Mother

Hooded Rider

2x Black Blood Shaman

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I played the following list against Sonja and got my greatest loss in a while. She blew me to shreds. I like the list but it was definitely the wrong encounter (Ley Lines, breakthrough, leave your Mark, catch and release, Claim jump, vendetta) and opponent. As well as me making serous mistakes. 
 

 Lucius Puppet Staggered (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Alan Reid
  Investigator
  Investigator 2
  Guild Lawyer
  Vasilisa
  Wicked Doll
  Wicked Doll 2
  False Witness
References:
  Stitched Together
  Wicked Doll

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, extremor said:

I played the following list against Sonja and got my greatest loss in a while. She blew me to shreds. I like the list but it was definitely the wrong encounter (Ley Lines, breakthrough, leave your Mark, catch and release, Claim jump, vendetta) and opponent. As well as me making serous mistakes. 
 

 Lucius Puppet Staggered (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Alan Reid
  Investigator
  Investigator 2
  Guild Lawyer
  Vasilisa
  Wicked Doll
  Wicked Doll 2
  False Witness
References:
  Stitched Together
  Wicked Doll

Surely drop an investigator for Dopple, in fact drop anything for Dopple?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Having branched out from the glory days of GG0 Nekima, I've had some success with Titania and Zoraida, since they both can bring so much to the table. I have noticed however, regardless of which non-Nekima master I pick, that it's difficult for me to leave the list building phase without Rider and Serena, especially in a strategy pool that overall seems more survival and mobility focused than the previous iteration. There's never a place where having the highly mobile, only good ruthless model in faction (Sorry, Carver) and targeted healing / condition removal with a splash of armor pen on a very tanky model isn't pretty useful. Marcus is about the only other master I could justify not taking those on, because of his inherent mobility and access to heals (Much like Nekima). 
My concern by bringing this up is that people will call for Serena and Rider nerfs (indeed, they were both initially nerfed in the GG1 beta) but in comparison to Arcanists, where nerfing their versatile models might mean they play with their own pretty effective models, Neverborn without their versatiles are kinda sad.

But I wonder if I'm alone in this thought, and wanted to get the opinions of others before mulling it over for too long. How is the state of our non-versatile list comps, in your opinion? 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Kharnage said:

Having branched out from the glory days of GG0 Nekima, I've had some success with Titania and Zoraida, since they both can bring so much to the table. I have noticed however, regardless of which non-Nekima master I pick, that it's difficult for me to leave the list building phase without Rider and Serena, especially in a strategy pool that overall seems more survival and mobility focused than the previous iteration. There's never a place where having the highly mobile, only good ruthless model in faction (Sorry, Carver) and targeted healing / condition removal with a splash of armor pen on a very tanky model isn't pretty useful. Marcus is about the only other master I could justify not taking those on, because of his inherent mobility and access to heals (Much like Nekima). 
My concern by bringing this up is that people will call for Serena and Rider nerfs (indeed, they were both initially nerfed in the GG1 beta) but in comparison to Arcanists, where nerfing their versatile models might mean they play with their own pretty effective models, Neverborn without their versatiles are kinda sad.

But I wonder if I'm alone in this thought, and wanted to get the opinions of others before mulling it over for too long. How is the state of our non-versatile list comps, in your opinion? 

I think you can safely go without Rider in keywords and not particularly feel the loss of mobility, but the fact that it's 1 of 2 ruthless models in the faction is absolutely terrible. Serena is solidly in the spot of, she's taken because she's necessary. Yes, she's good, but she's literally our only option. If we want condition removal in the faction then we either pay for an upgrade(which as far as that is concerned, isn't a bad trade), or we take Serena, because our other options are just bad. If we want healing, then it's literally just her or Candy. They're not taken simply because they're the best option, they're taken because they're the only option.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kharnage said:

Having branched out from the glory days of GG0 Nekima, I've had some success with Titania and Zoraida, since they both can bring so much to the table. I have noticed however, regardless of which non-Nekima master I pick, that it's difficult for me to leave the list building phase without Rider and Serena, especially in a strategy pool that overall seems more survival and mobility focused than the previous iteration. There's never a place where having the highly mobile, only good ruthless model in faction (Sorry, Carver) and targeted healing / condition removal with a splash of armor pen on a very tanky model isn't pretty useful. Marcus is about the only other master I could justify not taking those on, because of his inherent mobility and access to heals (Much like Nekima). 
My concern by bringing this up is that people will call for Serena and Rider nerfs (indeed, they were both initially nerfed in the GG1 beta) but in comparison to Arcanists, where nerfing their versatile models might mean they play with their own pretty effective models, Neverborn without their versatiles are kinda sad.

But I wonder if I'm alone in this thought, and wanted to get the opinions of others before mulling it over for too long. How is the state of our non-versatile list comps, in your opinion? 

The Rider is good, but nothing out of the ordinary. He has really nice tricks aside of the 5 fate tokens trigger (extra mobility or a 14" area of hazardous terrain for the opponent), but again, nothing that I've felt overpowered while playing it or playing against it.

Regarding Serena, I have mixed opinions. She is a must in all my NB lists (being said, I don't play NB that much), because she's practically the only source of healing that many keywords have access to, and I believe that's a problem and it should be addressed with new released models (or giving something to fill that gap to the less effective models nowadays). However, I do believe that she's a bit over the top, specially being Versatile. Here my reasons

  • Deffensively she's¬†really¬†tanky between Diguised, Demise (Eternal) and Df6. Feed on fear is a bit more situational, but in also helps.
  • Offensively she has a decent suite a attacks with really interesting triggers.
    • A 2" melee range with a nice damage track (2/4/6) with a situational trigger.
    • A short range¬†:ToS-Range:¬†attack that ignores Friendly Fire, Incorporeal and Armor and can choose to target Df or Wp. The damage track is not impressive and the Stat is "only" 5. The best thing about it is the :ToS-Tome:¬† trigger, that directly made me win games.
  • The main reason why she make it to 9/10 of my lists (probably is even 10/10, but I can't remember) is the bottle of painkillers. Only needs a 4 and it heals¬†and¬†may end a condition on the target. With the trigger of Swift Action! This ability in this model makes the upgrade "Eldricth Magic" mostly useless in NB.

I think she could see getting a small hit on her resilience (Df5) or in her utility. Maybe lower the stat on that bottle of painkillers by 2 (so it will require a 6 instead of a 4) and gaining the trigger "This will numb the pain" in exchange (which is :ram, a suit that she has no other use for).

She's going to still be a must for those keywords that require healing or when facing an enemy that works around conditions (after all, Eldritch Magic is a subpar upgrade, better than the Outcasts ones :P , but worse than many others). Most of all, I would like to see some healing for the NB keywords that lack that. Healing in a model that has more synergies within the keyword (a model in Fae that can remove Underbrush markers to heal in a pulse for example, ability that could fit into a Waldgeist for example :))  would maybe put Serena in a secondary spot.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShinChan said:
  • Deffensively she's¬†really¬†tanky between Diguised, Demise (Eternal) and Df6. Feed on fear is a bit more situational, but in also helps.
  • Offensively she has a decent suite a attacks with really interesting triggers.
    • A 2" melee range with a nice damage track (2/4/6) with a situational trigger.
    • A short range¬†:ToS-Range:¬†attack that ignores Friendly Fire, Incorporeal and Armor and can choose to target Df or Wp. The damage track is not impressive and the Stat is "only" 5. The best thing about it is the :ToS-Tome:¬† trigger, that directly made me win games.
  • The main reason why she make it to 9/10 of my lists (probably is even 10/10, but I can't remember) is the bottle of painkillers. Only needs a 4 and it heals¬†and¬†may end a condition on the target. With the trigger of Swift Action! This ability in this model makes the upgrade "Eldricth Magic" mostly useless in NB.

Defensively she's not as bad as some other models at the same cost, say Brin (Serene, Protected, Stones, Knew you were).  I think it's just blown out of the water because the idea of a tanky NVB is verboten around here.  Df6 is heresy in this faction.

Offensively a 2" melee range on an 8 stone model isn't crazy, and Twist Reality is pretty balanced from a damage track standpoint.  Not to mention that it is a major attack on most nightmare models, so any nerfs to that ability would be nerfs to the whole keyword, not that a stat 5 2/3/4 damage attack needs nerfs but it's Wyrd so...

The healing is key and frankly unless there's some better healing, nerfing that doesn't change much unless they nerf it into the literal ground.  Eldritch magic isn't a reasonable substitute because the condition removal portion requires a full AP, and the rest of the card is basically useless. Even if the heal was a 6 people would still take her.  Even if it was heal or end a condition people would still take her.

She's a crucial model because she is literally the only model in the faction that does what she does ( <- Pay attention to that part Wyrd).  It's not we want to take her constantly, it's we have to.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello again 

after several matches with arcanists and Collodi I‚Äėm back to Neverborn Lucius. I Played the following lists agains rezzer and they performed well.¬†
First List was against von schtook:

Lucius w/Sniper  (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 9
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Angel Eyes
  Agent 46
  Black Blood Shaman
  Guild Lawyer
  Guild Lawyer 2
  Changeling
References:
  Mature Nephilim

 

second list was against Molly 

 

Lucius Puppet Staggered (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Alan Reid
  Investigator
  Investigator 2
  Guild Lawyer
  Vasilisa
  Wicked Doll
  Wicked Doll 2
  False Witness
References:
  Stitched Together
  Wicked Doll
 

1. angel eyes and bbs/mature put the opponent unter pressure 

2. Managed to kill a doll First turn to summon a stiched. Staggered my opponent and garroted him hard... 

 

in both games I got my card Management rolling and used my advantages  

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ty for the lists :)

12 hours ago, extremor said:

First List was against von schtook:

Lucius w/Sniper  (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 9
Leader:
  Lucius Mattheson
Totem(s):
  The Scribe
Hires:
  Angel Eyes
  Agent 46
  Black Blood Shaman
  Guild Lawyer
  Guild Lawyer 2
  Changeling
References:
  Mature Nephilim

Would you mind giving us a bit of context about this game (pool, enemy list...)? Those 2 Lawyers and even the BBS himself seems like good targets for Von Schtook summoning alpha strike and growing that BBS into a Mature without a way to heal him can also set up a nasty summon against you (was the Lawyer shielded enough to keep him alive?). How did you manage to avoid that?

On 4/27/2020 at 1:47 PM, LexLock said:

I used this list in a Public Enemies game with corner deployment against Shenlong (post nerf).

  • Titania - 8ss Cache
  • Gorar - Totem
  • Killjoy - 10ss
  • Rougarou + Ancient Pact - 10ss
  • Black Blood Shaman 1 - 6+1ss
  • Black Blood Shaman 2 - 6+1ss
  • Waldgeist + Ancient Pact - 8ss

A few question about this set up.

When I want to an alpha strike, I tend to use Vasilisa + 1 BBS (and most of the time +1 doll); it's more expensive but the doll may put adversary in the target the BBS is about to knife, letting him attack with a :+flip; this let me get those 2 masks really consistently without having to rely that heavily in my hand. I can also grow the Mature in turn 1 thanks to Vasilisa, and that also put Focused+2 in my striker. Growing the Mature early and Vasilisa being able to feed him another extra action in turn 2 helps me to reinforce the alpha strike with a fully functioning and 8Wds Mature (or even fully healed when I also include Serena) in turn 2 instead of in turn 3, it also minimices the risk of losing the BBS; the Vasilisa + Doll pair is usually useful on their own from that point, but it's not useless going into the fray.

Your set up seems quite interesting, it strikes later but with 2 matures but it seems also a bit risky because it gives more breathing time to the other player in turn 2 and it requires a lot of masks... How consistently do you get the mask you need in turn 1 to generate all those corpses without wasting actions that get no trigger with the BBS (ideally, you need 4 masks there to not waste BBS actions/cards in turn 2, but with 2 should be enough to give Titania that Focused+2)? How consistently do you manage to grow those 2 BBS into Matures in turn 2? Do you like more this double BBS one than one with Vasilisa? How did this kind of set up work if you don't manage to grow 1 or both Matures in turn 2?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ogid said:

Ty for the lists :)

Would you mind giving us a bit of context about this game (pool, enemy list...)? Those 2 Lawyers and even the BBS himself seems like good targets for Von Schtook summoning alpha strike and growing that BBS into a Mature without a way to heal him can also set up a nasty summon against you (was the Lawyer shielded enough to keep him alive?). How did you manage to avoid that?

A few question about this set up.

When I want to an alpha strike, I tend to use Vasilisa + 1 BBS (and most of the time +1 doll); it's more expensive but the doll may put adversary in the target the BBS is about to knife, letting him attack with a :+flip; this let me get those 2 masks really consistently without having to rely that heavily in my hand. I can also grow the Mature in turn 1 thanks to Vasilisa, and that also put Focused+2 in my striker. Growing the Mature early and Vasilisa being able to feed him another extra action in turn 2 helps me to reinforce the alpha strike with a fully functioning and 8Wds Mature (or even fully healed when I also include Serena) in turn 2 instead of in turn 3, it also minimices the risk of losing the BBS; the Vasilisa + Doll pair is usually useful on their own from that point, but it's not useless going into the fray.

Your set up seems quite interesting, it strikes later but with 2 matures but it seems also a bit risky because it gives more breathing time to the other player in turn 2 and it requires a lot of masks... How consistently do you get the mask you need in turn 1 to generate all those corpses without wasting actions that get no trigger with the BBS (ideally, you need 4 masks there to not waste BBS actions/cards in turn 2, but with 2 should be enough to give Titania that Focused+2)? How consistently do you manage to grow those 2 BBS into Matures in turn 2? Do you like more this double BBS one than one with Vasilisa? How did this kind of set up work if you don't manage to grow 1 or both Matures in turn 2?

Just hope to get masks, you have a decent chance with two Ancient Pacts (although you don't want to go with the Rougarou before you've given Titania focus because it'll be pushing her up 12"), you don't really need to worry about consistently growing the Matures turn 2 because they're really just backup for Titania. BBS can also just fly off and do schemes pretty respectably provided you've thrown enough of a wrench in your opponent's crew that they won't just be killed.

The main reinforcements for Titania is Killjoy, who is similarly hard to put down and has a spooky damage track with focus. You can kinda treat this list like a 2e Viks crew (not as wondrously murderous, but still), where you're trying to send your master in to do enough damage that the rest of your crew can act with impunity.

I think BBS are almost worth 7ss for Blasphemous Ritual alone, it is just so efficient to hand out that much focus. Vasilisa is amazing but her Move Along aura doesn't synergise with Titania's alpha strike because you'll be relying on Germinate with Cradle of Life, maybe she's more efficient but it's hard to fit another enforcer into this list without giving up some of the benefits from Ancient Pact.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information