What is in your opinion the worst model in the game?

esqulax

14 hours ago, Wakefield said:

Old Enslaved Nephilim prior to the FAQ was apparently so bad people were thinking of just NOT taking it for Hero's Gamble and a pass token allegedly. All of these have arguments for why they're so bad.

This was, in my opinion, a silly argument prior to the errata. He was a free model that gave a push and focus. There are a lot of crews into which you'll hire a model just for a turn one push or just for a turn one focus and this guy did both. Now he does more. 

3 hours ago, Zebo said:

Mmm Ronin, Freikorps Engineer, Gautraeux Bokor, Mecharachnid, Prospector, Rami Lacroix, Scavenger, Scion of the Void, Silent One, Silurid, Soulstone Miner, Stitched Togheter... 

There's a lot of good 6ss models out there. 

I'm shocked, that you missed Tannen, hahaha. Kunoichi are also quite good.

On 4/28/2020 at 2:02 PM, Wakefield said:

Guild Hounds are hands down though, the worst model in Malifaux.

Hired in they're MV6 scheme runners that are only 3 health, so one Min 3 looking at them just destroys them utterly.

Their defensive stats are absolute garbage.

They only work in groups. They do attack at stat 6, but only on models that have activated or if they're around other Guild Hounds. Oh, their damage track starts at min 1. Hunting Partner is pretty okay, but they're an annoyance tie-up piece that can't even take a hit. Worst is, you can't summon them in. Mindless means they don't act the turn they're summoned and the On Patrol upgrade gives them slow. So they're useless for the majority of two turns. 

If you run 4 of them, and, I don't know why you would except for a skew list of epic proportions, then you're golden until you get blasted once or twice or even a shockwave or two.

It's just not worth the investment of stones. You're better off taking Lead Lined Coat on Queeg or Barker rather than one of these things, even if you need a scheme runner. Mounted Guard run schemes far better and dismount when they die to maybe get that last interact in before dying like chumps.

I'll see your Guild Hounds and raise your Canine Remains. All the same problems, but you can only have 3 for some reason and an attack stat of only 4. Hard to Would does't help with such crap defensive stats and only 3 health (they used to have Df5 I recall). Guild Hounds have a nifty trigger on their attack (Hold Down) and a better stat. Canine do have a bonus, but it appears to be geared toward old school Nicodem, who isn't really around anymore. I'd rather another trigger on their attack action. 

I used to take them on occasion in any crew as they were fast and didn't always die to stiff breeze, but now they are garbage and I can't ever see hiring one. Both models are pretty crap, but I think Canine Remains edge out the GH imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I'll see your Guild Hounds and raise your Canine Remains. All the same problems, but you can only have 3 for some reason and an attack stat of only 4. Hard to Would does't help with such crap defensive stats and only 3 health (they used to have Df5 I recall). Guild Hounds have a nifty trigger on their attack (Hold Down) and a better stat. Canine do have a bonus, but it appears to be geared toward old school Nicodem, who isn't really around anymore. I'd rather another trigger on their attack action. 

I used to take them on occasion in any crew as they were fast and didn't always die to stiff breeze, but now they are garbage and I can't ever see hiring one. Both models are pretty crap, but I think Canine Remains edge out the GH imo. 

I run Canines pretty regularly with Asura for carrying those summoned Zombies to the front line. They cost the opponent actions or score schemes and Sebastian can summon a new one (helps sometimes if you need an independent speed bump or Schemer in turn for 3 or 4).

It's 3 points. I don't expect more. 

As an outcasts player, I'd like to nominate Talos.  Now, you might think "wow, he clearly does something!  Canine Remains are shit!"  Yeah, but they could drop a scheme marker in theory.  Talos could do something in theory.  In our reality, you're paying 8 stones for a model that has just enough defensive tech to trick you into thinking it's okay to pay 8 stones for a Df 4, 7 wound model Melee beater.  It's not.  

Compounded on this, Talos has no ranged attack, Mv 5, and a fairly irrelevant bonus action.  He does get min 3, which I suppose is something, but he's hardly charging and attacking something.  On top of that his signature action (hah) is to bury a model as a stat 5 vs Wp.  AT MELEE.  I think he's supposed to be a counterbeater/tarpit, but he's so bad he could easily die to any real model.  Imagine an Ice Golem in a crew that can't push it, can't heal it, oh and it doesn't get Flurry. 

What you're actually paying for is a burning subtheme the crew can't actually use because nothing else in the crew gives burning.  Let me pause in case you think I'm exaggerating.  This model's unique thing is that he makes burning better, but he's the only model in the crew that gives out Burning.  And ONLY on a stat 5 melee attack.  No burning aura.  No ranged burning.  You just get to pick between punching something for a min-3 attack at stat 6, and punching something for Burning+2 (but instead it does 1 extra damage!  Maybe). 

It's actually incredible how bad Talos is.  Usually if a crew has a cool-looking enforcer someone will put it on the table because they want to, even if its obviously not great, but Talos is so obviously bad and it's so immediately apparent that nothing in the crew gives burning, and therefore no one even bothers.  

I don't play Outcasts, and have only played against Tara once, so these are more questions than opinions...

In our reality, you're paying 8 stones for a model that has just enough defensive tech to trick you into thinking it's okay to pay 8 stones for a Df 4, 7 wound model Melee beater.  It's not.  

Armor 2 has always served me exceedingly well. Granted, with defense four and poor mobility, it looks a lot trickier with Talos.

From a design perspective, it looks like part of the point of the model is you bury it to keep it safe... Except it doesn't have the From Nothing ability (I wonder if he had it in beta and it got removed for being too strong?) Talos going from buried to base contact and beating on an enemy seems very strong.

Compounded on this, Talos has no ranged attack, Mv 5, and a fairly irrelevant bonus action.  He does get min 3, which I suppose is something, but he's hardly charging and attacking something.  On top of that his signature action (hah) is to bury a model as a stat 5 vs Wp.  AT MELEE.  I think he's supposed to be a counterbeater/tarpit, but he's so bad he could easily die to any real model.  Imagine an Ice Golem in a crew that can't push it, can't heal it, oh and it doesn't get Flurry. 

They must have missed the mark a bit, then. Looking over the card, it looks like his 'primary' attack is supposed to be lighting enemies on fire when they're buried and they take extra damage. If there were two buried enemies in a turn, that's an extra 4 damage (+1-4 for his bonus) before he even uses AP. So I think they were going for a passive damage design (which again, may have missed the mark).

What you're actually paying for is a burning subtheme the crew can't actually use because nothing else in the crew gives burning.

I don't think it is necessary for other things to give burning, given that he hands it out like candy (as long as you can bury enemy models). Perhaps in design they assumed more enemy models would spend time buried (from memory with my one game against Tara, my models spent very little time buried).

he's the only model in the crew that gives out Burning.  And ONLY on a stat 5 melee attack.  No burning aura.  No ranged burning. 

This part isn't true. He gives burning to every enemy buried model with his Flames of the Void ability (buried enemies get +1 burning when he activates).  It has unlimited range. On the face of it, it seems like one of the most powerful ways to hand out burning in the game (assuming buried models).

On 4/25/2020 at 3:47 AM, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

for a cheap (4-5 ss) model to be good it needs to be highly specialized imo. so every 4-5 ss model without a cleary defined role is a contender for "the worst model" title. I haven't seen Hoarcat Pride in play but when I think about horrible models they are the first thing which comes to my mind. they seem to be completely pointless and designed with no clear purpose within their keyword.

they seem like fine scheme runners who are bad in keyword vs being bad overall. If they were versatile I'd bet you see them ook

So the only other models availed to Outcast that cause burning are Drachen, Mad Dog, Sue, & Steam Trunk (when it explodes)... and Merris if Zipp is your leader.

Not a lot of synergy with Fam is.

But, I bet you could put together a surprise Burning Henchman Hardcore list with 4 of them!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 9:48 PM, RisingPhoenix said:

As an outcasts player, I'd like to nominate Talos.  Now, you might think "wow, he clearly does something!  Canine Remains are shit!"  Yeah, but they could drop a scheme marker in theory.  Talos could do something in theory.  In our reality, you're paying 8 stones for a model that has just enough defensive tech to trick you into thinking it's okay to pay 8 stones for a Df 4, 7 wound model Melee beater.  It's not.  

Compounded on this, Talos has no ranged attack, Mv 5, and a fairly irrelevant bonus action.  He does get min 3, which I suppose is something, but he's hardly charging and attacking something.  On top of that his signature action (hah) is to bury a model as a stat 5 vs Wp.  AT MELEE.  I think he's supposed to be a counterbeater/tarpit, but he's so bad he could easily die to any real model.  Imagine an Ice Golem in a crew that can't push it, can't heal it, oh and it doesn't get Flurry. 

What you're actually paying for is a burning subtheme the crew can't actually use because nothing else in the crew gives burning.  Let me pause in case you think I'm exaggerating.  This model's unique thing is that he makes burning better, but he's the only model in the crew that gives out Burning.  And ONLY on a stat 5 melee attack.  No burning aura.  No ranged burning.  You just get to pick between punching something for a min-3 attack at stat 6, and punching something for Burning+2 (but instead it does 1 extra damage!  Maybe). 

It's actually incredible how bad Talos is.  Usually if a crew has a cool-looking enforcer someone will put it on the table because they want to, even if its obviously not great, but Talos is so obviously bad and it's so immediately apparent that nothing in the crew gives burning, and therefore no one even bothers.  

Agree completely. He looks fine on paper but is so far off the mark in terms of crew synergy there is absolutely zero reason to bring him. 

Bringing him is counter intuitive to the crew as you end up having to sacrifice something that adds to the summoning engine.

I think that overall, M3e has suffered from the strenght of cheap models in the end of M2e.
Now the cheap models would just be good enough if there was still the possibility to over activate the opponent. At least, it's "as if".
The worst model I'd say is the orderly, it's a short ranged healer that can't come close to the model it heals and can't keep up.

On 4/30/2020 at 4:37 PM, touchdown said:

they seem like fine scheme runners who are bad in keyword vs being bad overall. If they were versatile I'd bet you see them ook

Eh, even Marcus never takes them and he certainly doesn't have anything better in keyword competing for the cost bracket. If he needs a 5ss he's looking at Versatiles.

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Chris Rivers said:

Terror Tots are pretty useless. So much so that Nephilim players don't hire them.  They used to be good scheme runners in M2E, but the took sprint away from them so they don't even do that anymore.  Attack is pretty weak and you are lucky if they can stick around long enough to grow.

Yeah, I only have them in case Hayreddin stumbles into accidently summoning one.

• Like 1