The Malifaux vassal world cup

dannydb

1 hour ago, Insomniakwulf said:

Considering it crashes if I run vassal and discord at the same time I doubt it could run both of them and bandicam. 

As much as I would love to record all of the games, it is hard enough to play one my one screen, with the slowdown of having discord running for communication. 

probably not reasonable to do now, but when we get to the next rounds, perhaps a third person could act as the recorder/observer (not sure if that would work on vassal though)

3 minutes ago, farmoar said:

As much as I would love to record all of the games, it is hard enough to play one my one screen, with the slowdown of having discord running for communication. 

probably not reasonable to do now, but when we get to the next rounds, perhaps a third person could act as the recorder/observer (not sure if that would work on vassal though)

It could work if they joined the chat as well so they could record the audio as vassal games without sounds are pretty hard to follow. 

20 hours ago, Insomniakwulf said:

My computer wouldn't be able to run recording software at the same time as vassal 😂

but u just can add crews in posts

like that

New Seamus Crew (Resurrectionist)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Seamus
    The Whisper
Totem(s):
  Copycat Killer
Hires:
  Carrion Emissary
  Dead Rider
  Anna Lovelace
    Grave Spirit's Touch
  Nurse
  Dead Dandy
References:
  Mindless Zombie

Results report round 2:

Northern moose infantry Vs Team Savoies 

AlexDS Vs Bedjy

Lucius Vs Asami

5 - 7, Win Team Savoies 

Verdeloth Vs Hemgath

Von schtook Vs Marcus

7 - 1, Win Northern moose infantry

Louie Vs le_wahou

Cornelius Basse Vs Lady Justice

7-6, Win Northern moose infantry

Summary:

2 - 1 Win Northern moose Infantry 

Had a question regarding leylines

I'm within 1" of a model with the lodestone, I interact, 

Who can legally receive the lodestone? Is it possible to take ownership of the lodestone with the model taking the interact?

Anyone within 6 inches of the model with the loadstone, including the model preforming the interact

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

1 hour ago, dannydb said:

Had a question regarding leylines

I'm within 1" of a model with the lodestone, I interact, 

Who can legally receive the lodestone? Is it possible to take ownership of the lodestone with the model taking the interact?

Anyone within 6 inches of the model with the loadstone, including the model preforming the interact

Disagree vehemently, as the FAQ/Errata of GG1 clearly defined "another" as "not the model that was the source of the action".  

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

Disagree vehemently, as the FAQ/Errata of GG1 clearly defined "another" as "not the model that was the source of the action".  

as said previously, the FAQ will be applied in the case of nekima only, not any other cases as far as the world cup is concerned 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, dannydb said:

as said previously, the FAQ will be applied in the case of nekima only, not any other cases as far as the world cup is concerned 

That is completely using an example to ignore the entire rule.  The definition of "another" was not limited to just one ability on one master and you know it.

1 minute ago, Nagi21 said:

That is completely using an example to ignore the entire rule.  The definition of "another" was not limited to just one ability on one master and you know it.

I'm guessing your meta allows richochets into original targets too.

Tbh he is the TO and for this event then its his ruling.

In your own events or meta you can make the ruling.

• Agree 1

Just now, Nagi21 said:

i've given my ruling previously and my justification for it, im aware rules as written another is defined one way but it's in my oppoinin not intended at all in this way, therefor the faq will only apply to nekema as far as the VWC is consered and thats my final judgement on the matter.

if you don't like it then please take it to the rules forum or somewhere other than here

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, katadder said:

I'm guessing your meta allows richochets into original targets too.

Tbh he is the TO and for this event then its his ruling.

In your own events or meta you can make the ruling.

To avoid having one rule apply to just one master, and the rule apply differently to everything else, yes.

I wouldn't be so agitated if this wasn't being advertised as the "World Cup" as opposed to "UK meta tournament whatever", which means that this has the potential to be considered the default judgement in general and in other metas.  Which considering the rule interpretation is just plain wrong...

I'm aware rules as written another is defined one way but it's in my oppoinin not intended at all in this way,

As a TO you don't get to guess what the designers intended.  You define the rule as written, and it most certainly is not written solely for Nekima.

3 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

To avoid having one rule apply to just one master, and the rule apply differently to everything else, yes.

I wouldn't be so agitated if this wasn't being advertised as the "World Cup" as opposed to "UK meta tournament whatever", which means that this has the potential to be considered the default judgement in general and in other metas.  Which considering the rule interpretation is just plain wrong...

As a TO you don't get to guess what the designers intended.  You define the rule as written, and it most certainly is not written solely for Nekima.

its up to each events TO to desided on there own ruling, as im doing now 

there has been a number of rulings where i've had to figure out intent, because it isn't clear rules as written 

its up to each events TO to desided on there own ruling, as im doing now 

there has been a number of rulings where i've had to figure out intent, because it isn't clear rules as written 

Yea... and casual games?  This is going to result in people cutting games off in the middle because they can't agree on previously established rulings.  Maybe we should change riccochet while we're at it?  And Obey how about that?  I like triggers off obey triggers, that sounds fun.

2 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

Yea... and casual games?  This is going to result in people cutting games off in the middle because they can't agree on previously established rulings.  Maybe we should change ricochet while we're at it?  And Obey how about that?  I like triggers off obey triggers, that sounds fun.

i've made my decision and thats what im sticking with

as far as im considered thats the end of the conversation as far as the VWC is concerned 

please don't continue this here 

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

Iirc the faq was specifically in the nvb section for nekima, so yeah it could be.

They wrote the faq badly tbh as now you have certain people richocheting into the same target or not being able to pass to another model than the one carrying something etc. 

As to calling it a UK meta tourney, the rulings are going to represent the way the TO plays locally, same as if the TO was from the US, rulings would be how they consider them locally.

@dannydb is the only person to step up and try to organise this worldwide event including prize support, think people should stop jumping on his every ruling, you wouldn't do this at a live event to your TO, you would just live with the decision.

Really wish wyrd did hotfixes to this sort of thing

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

hi all 

please be aware there is a thread and poll on the vassal sub forum regarding points scored/points conceded, please feel free to have your input

sorry this wasn't resolved prior to VWC starting, unfortunately this was only recently confirmed after the event had started and wasn't something i'd originally considered