The Malifaux vassal world cup

dannydb

Northern Moose Cavalry vs Team Insomniac final scores:

Erik Lifbom (Outcasts - Von Schill)) vs Brendan Shipman (10T - Yan Lo) 5 - 1

Joakim Abrahamsson (10T - Shenlong) vs Hayden Prujean (Outcasts - Leveticus) 6 - 2

Viktor Forsberg (Arcanists - Ironsides) vs Stephen Morris (Ressers - Von Schtook) 5 -1

Thanks for three great games, with easy scheduling as well! :D

Zoraida obeys a mounted guard to attack a riflemen. 
For the same reason that you can't argue the riflemen *couldn't* just relent on the incoming attack to guarantee double neg accuracy mod, is the same reason you can't argue walks aren't your own power; the obey changes the controller and chooser of the action, but not the action's source or allegiance. 

so i've been asked to give a ruling on terrifying and take the hit 

If a model is attacking a model with terrifying and another model takes the hit, then the attacker has to take a wp check as it has actively targeted a model with terrifying 

if a model is attacking a model and another model with take the hit and terrifying takes the hit, then the attacker doesn't have have to take a wp check as its not actively targeted the model 

thats my call for VWC (please note, this isn't up for further discussion on this thread, please take it to the rules forum)

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, santaclaws01 said:

@dannydb Is it standardised anywhere which vassal module to use( v1h is the most recent non-test build AFAIK)? Mismatching vassal modules, especially if one player is using one of the deck testing ones could prove to be an issue.

1h should be the the module used yes as anything else I believe is beta only and shouldnt be used for competitive play

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dannydb said:

hi all 

I've been asked if you can post the masters used in each round so we can give a better break down of the results for people following along!

thanks

Dan

Did you also want a breakdown of the schemes chosen? Maybe Wyrd will give a prize to the person that scores the most points off of Runic Binding lol

• Thanks 1

I request some clarifications - one for the rules working and one for the map of the 2nd turn (Crumbled Temple).

1. Since the obey and an action that it causes the obeyed model to do was clarified as ad obeying model effect, does it means that the model with Laugh Off ability can refuse to take a walk action it obeyed to do? My personal answer is "no", since Laugh Off confers a model the ability to choose - will it be affected by incooming movement or not (in contrast with Staggered, which simply prohibits incoming movement from friendly models). And while the model is under obey, all decisions for it are made by the player who owns the obeying model. But i think it should be the legal answer for it.

2. The Crumbled Temple map has wide swamps crossed by bridges. What should be counted as a single piece of terrain? The whole swamp, no matter of crossing, or the sectors divided by bridges?

45 minutes ago, Domin said:

I request some clarifications - one for the rules working and one for the map of the 2nd turn (Crumbled Temple).

1. Since the obey and an action that it causes the obeyed model to do was clarified as ad obeying model effect, does it means that the model with Laugh Off ability can refuse to take a walk action it obeyed to do? My personal answer is "no", since Laugh Off confers a model the ability to choose - will it be affected by incooming movement or not (in contrast with Staggered, which simply prohibits incoming movement from friendly models). And while the model is under obey, all decisions for it are made by the player who owns the obeying model. But i think it should be the legal answer for it.

no, its a may ability and this choice is made by the model doing the obay 

45 minutes ago, Domin said:

2. The Crumbled Temple map has wide swamps crossed by bridges. What should be counted as a single piece of terrain? The whole swamp, no matter of crossing, or the sectors divided by bridges?

the swamp is divided into sectors between the bridges

6 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Is there any place where to check all the results so far? I haven't seen anything in the first post.

I would imagine he is waiting for the slowpokes to finish *cough cough definitely not us...* before posting the first round results.

3 hours ago, farmoar said:

I would imagine he is waiting for the slowpokes to finish *cough cough definitely not us...* before posting the first round results.

Yes just need your results and results from team Poland vs rod frod med flode

Once I have them then screenshots of the tables will be going up