The Malifaux vassal world cup

dannydb

Round 3 The Flippin Wyrds vs Team Insomnia

Chris D (Neverborn, Dreamer) vs Brendan (Ten Thunders, Yan Lo) 0-0 due to power failure

Jamie V (Guild, Dashal) vs Stephen M (Ressers, Von  Schtook) 3 - 2 

Matt L (Arcanists, Collette) vs Hadron P  (Outcasts, Levi) 6 - 4

Wyrds win round, 2 wins and 1 draw

Thanks for the games and being good sports re. the massive time difference!

So Round 3 is complete and qualifications is as follows 

Team Russia 1 and 2, Team Poland and Northern Moose Cavalry all proceed as group winners! congrats to all 

Northern Moose infantry, Too much Infaux, Emma OP? and The Flippin Wyrds all proceed to next round as runners up 

Commiserations to Team Scotland, Team Savoies, The American Tyrants, The Mali-hosers, The Grand Cabal, Rod Frod Med Flode, Texas Triumvirate, and Team Insomnia, better luck next year! 

Fixtures for knock outs are as follows 

Team Russia 1 vs Too Much Infaux

Northern Moose Infantry vs Team Russia 2

Team Poland vs The Flippin Wyrds

Northern Moose Cavalry vs Emma OP?

you can start arranging games now 

Lastly congrats to Reice Chaudhry of Too Much Infaux, who wins Golden Scheme for most points scored during the group games with 22 points (and only giving 7 away), commiserations to Obi of Team Poland Who also scored 22 points but gave more points away, Ollie Of Emma Op came 3rd scoring 20 points 

Good luck in next round all!

image.thumb.png.b8407361ab8ba64e981f75bd0c815c4f.png

image.thumb.png.295f15a224d90846c6a4a7b36bce00ba.png

image.thumb.png.6657a5536902b1133339338a2da5aa16.png

image.thumb.png.f3c7aaeee27bbd5dcb5ea5e7e7db68bf.png

• Thanks 2

Flippin Wyrds vs Team Poland QF

Chris D (Neverborn, Dreamer) vs Eddy (Arcanists, Colette) 6 -3

Matt L (Arcanist, Colette) vs Obi (Ten Thunders, Yan Lo) 6 -5

Jamie V (Guild, Nellie) vs PK (Resserectionists,  Prof Von Schtook ) 5-7

What a round, super close, epic games all round.  Thanks to our opponents for all round good times.

• Like 1

Hi all 

I've been made increasingly aware of games taking 4-5 hours to complete. im aware that language barriers, vassal and tech issues can slow this down, but 4-5 hours is too long to be allocating to any game considering time zones and Real life considerations.

therefore for the Semi finals and Finals of the Vassal World Cup a 3 hour Time limit will be imposed on all games. This will start from the first activation of turn 1. The player activativating the model will be required to set a timer and give the opponent updates of time on a turn by turn basis or as requested. at the end of the 3 hours if the game is not complete then the active player finishes there activation and points are calculated from the current boardstate 

I do apologies adding this rule in half way through, but a number of players have complained about the length of some games which is not only detracting from the enjoyment of the event and the feasibility people taking part. I was reluctant to put a timer on things to begin with because i was worried about the pressure people would feel under to finish their game if new to vassal, but im now aware im losing players potential to the length of the games  

Thanks

See below regarding new vassal update 

Please update prior to gamea

Latest module (27/08/20) with new maps and some new features.

Draw hand button, draw multiple cards, trackers to keep track of cards in deck/discard. Space for those lucid dreams. Stacking cards together (double click to stack/unstack).

Shortcut to put the different glow rims on models a/ctrl-a.

Due to these features you may run into issues if running against someone on an older module so please try to stay updated. 

As always, any problems let me know.

http://www.vassalengine.org/mediawiki/images/3/37/M3E-Malifaux-v1i.vmod

Team Russia #1 - To Much Infaux.

I guess this tournament is full of wonderfull people. Everybody we met are all great guys. Thanks for the games!

Dmitry (Legislat) - Rich (2-5)

Hoffman - Victorias

Vladimir (NotSoEmpty) - Aj.Barr  (5-2)

Yan Lo - Zipp

The third game was not played due to the unforseen circumstances. We hope things go well with you @Insomniakwulf

Edit: there was a substitution.

Plaag - Aj.Barr (5-2)

Colette - McCabe.

• Thanks 2

Northern Moose Cavalry vs Emma OP

Erik (Von Schill) vs Radek (Mah Tucket)  3-8

Joakim (McCabe) vs Ollie (Shenlong) 1-4

Viktor (Sandeep) vs Emma (Dreamer) 3-3

Thanks you for tough games and gracious opponents. Our charge ends here, but we'll be back next time! :D

Team Russia #2 vs. Northern Moose Infantry

Viktor (Bayou Zipp) 3:6 Alexander Backström Sälldin (Neverborn Lucius)

Aleksander (Shenlong) 1:5  Andreas Söder (Von Schtook)

Anton (Neverborn Zoraida) 4:2 - Andreas Åden (Nellie)

Thanks for great games and good luck in semi-final!

• Thanks 1

well congratulations to the Flippin Wyrds, Team Russia 1, Emma OP?, and Northern Moose Infantry 

Commiserations to everyone else involved 

The semi's are as follows 

Team Russia 1 vs The Flippin Wyrds

Northern Moose Infantry vs Emma OP

Good Luck to everyone involved!

On 5/16/2020 at 2:45 PM, AlexDS said:

Team name:
Northern Moose Infantry (Swedish team #2)

Captain:
Alexander Backström Sälldin (AlexDS) 
Faction: Neverborn

Player 2: Andreas Ådén (Louie) 
Faction: Guild

Player 3: Andreas Söder (Verdeloth) 
Faction: Ressurectionists

Hey @AlexDS I'm collecting the data from the VWC for analysis, and there is something I don't understand, who is Liched and why in your first game you had a player playing Outcast and the other 2 games another player playing Guild?

Maybe I'm missing something or I took the data wrong, so my apologies in advance if that's the case, getting all the results from the forum is quite confusing :P

7 hours ago, ShinChan said:

Hey @AlexDS I'm collecting the data from the VWC for analysis, and there is something I don't understand, who is Liched and why in your first game you had a player playing Outcast and the other 2 games another player playing Guild?

Maybe I'm missing something or I took the data wrong, so my apologies in advance if that's the case, getting all the results from the forum is quite confusing :P

I can answer that. I was supposed to play but I had difficulties finding time to play those two first weeks against our opppnents schedule, Liched played the first round as a stand-in.

• Thanks 1