The Malifaux vassal world cup

dannydb

Team name:
Northern Moose Infantry (Swedish team #2)

Captain:
Alexander Backström Sälldin (AlexDS) 
Faction: Neverborn

Player 2: Andreas Ådén (Louie) 
Faction: Guild

Player 3: Andreas Söder (Verdeloth) 
Faction: Ressurectionists

4 hours ago, farmoar said:
Team name: The Mali-Hosers (may change)
Team nation(s): Canada 

Freeman Carter
Resurrectionists

Raymond Fisher
Guild

Player three name: TBD
Player three faction: TBD

Uhhhh, I'll be happy to complete that if you allow me to 😄

21 hours ago, Axelst said:

Team Name: Rød Grød Med Fløde

Team Nation: Denmark

Team Captain:

Axel Skovgaard Teglskov

Faction: Outcasts

Player 2:

Daniel Rojas Sørensen

Faction: Resurrectionists

Player 3:

Christian A. Givskov

Faction: Guild

Well that brings us to 15 out of the 16 teams for the Vassal World cup only 1 spot left and everyone save UK has space for another team

• 2 weeks later...

hi all 

just a quick post to show things are still happening behind the scenes 

i'm in the process currently of securing prize support for the event and organising broadcasting of games, however once this is all sorted hopefully by the middle of this month then the players pack including scheme pools will be released with the intent to start the event the first week of july 

stay safe during this diffucult time!

• 2 weeks later...

hi all 

i've had a few questions regarding game length. due to nature of vassal im aware games might take longer than the standard 2 hours so im not imposing a strict time limit at this point, however i do ask all players to play with time in mind, and not to deliberately slow play ideally games should be done within 3 hours at tops 4 hours and if games are taking longer than this then i may have to look at imposing time limits. if deliberate slow play is a thing, points docking or player elimination may be brought in. 

also regarding rules questions where possible players should resolve the rules themselves, if not i'm happy to act as judge but be aware there maybe a delay due to time zones availability of myself there for where possible using myself should be a last resort due to the delay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bedjy said:

Question about the Matchmaking :

How do we define the players playing together ?
Maybe I read it wrong, but I didn't find much about it in the Rulespack.

please see opening post, it will be added to the rulepack in the next update

Update regarding prize support 

hi all just a quick update regarding prize support 

Rampage games are proving trophies and markers to scheme markers to the winners

Wyrd games are providing Digital coupons for the group winners, coupons for 1st/2nd /3rd and coupons for most points scored by an Individual, least points conceded by an individual

i'll update the post later with the score sheet to track all of this 

in addition its been asked about observers and outside support 

although this a team event and help might be provided pregame, during the game, it must be 1 vs 1, and therefore its recommended that world cup games room on vassal are locked, not other person should be present in the room except for the two players and if required the TO. if there is suspicion of outside interference during a world cup game, please raise this to myself.

Again just another reminder regarding slow play, at this point im not implementing a time limit on games, but this isn't an invitation for slow play 

both players should aim to complete 5 turns of the game within 3 hours on vassal (i'm aware tech issues, language barriers etc can slow this down), if this isn't something you feel is achievable please contact me  

** Answered already lmao** Hey all, just want to clarify since it's a team event what are the rules re: observing/team voice chat etc. I'm for people being able to observe but not necessarily open communication between teammates during game. Wanted to make sure we were all on the same page about that going forward. Looking forward to starting and appreciate you running this Dan!