Can we get a "sort by keyword" option for the webstore?

Kyris

Not super sure if this is the right subforum to put this, honestly. But, basically what the title says. I feel like a "sort by keyword" option would be incredibly useful. While I know that the keywords are pretty well known, and if not there are things like the app and the "big book of keywords", it's still a little annoying having to cross reference another page, or app on your phone. I think this would add a bit of useful functionality and make it that much easier to find what you're looking for on the webstore.

• Like 1

I don't know.  Do you want the Puppet Wars box set showing up on all of the result pages, since I'm pretty sure it has enough models in it that it'll have most keywords covered?

Edit:  I think the problem is where do put the keyword list, and how do you scope it?  Especially when you're dealing with the boxes that contain models with different keywords.

8 hours ago, solkan said:

I don't know.  Do you want the Puppet Wars box set showing up on all of the result pages, since I'm pretty sure it has enough models in it that it'll have most keywords covered?

Edit:  I think the problem is where do put the keyword list, and how do you scope it?  Especially when you're dealing with the boxes that contain models with different keywords.

seems pretty obvious to me.

webstore>ME3>browse by tag.

What I find interesting about the current tags is that, for the M3E page anyway, you *can* separate them all by faction which doesn't count as a tag. and then the vast majority of the tags currently are faction. Which is nice for finding duel-faction masters, I suppose? Since, for example, if you click on the neverborn faction symbol and use the guild tag, lucius and the crossroad seven are the only two products that come up.

1 hour ago, Kyris said:

seems pretty obvious to me.

webstore>ME3>browse by tag.

What I find interesting about the current tags is that, for the M3E page anyway, you *can* separate them all by faction which doesn't count as a tag. and then the vast majority of the tags currently are faction. Which is nice for finding duel-faction masters, I suppose? Since, for example, if you click on the neverborn faction symbol and use the guild tag, lucius and the crossroad seven are the only two products that come up.

I'm not a programmer or frequent user of the store, but this sounds slightly counter intuitive.

You either just list the products in a slightly different order (re-order by keyword)(and if the keyword you want is in the middle of the alphabet then you scroll through quite a bit to get there, so from what I've learnt using the crew builder app still annoying and multiple keyword models either appear multiple times, or pot luck if they appear with the keyword you want), Or you need to list all the keywords in the tag to just select the one you want to look at, and that makes the list very unwieldy. I think there are over 60 keywords.

There may well be a neat way to do it as you want, but I can't see it.  ( I might also not be seeing what you actually want. )

4 hours ago, Adran said:

I'm not a programmer or frequent user of the store, but this sounds slightly counter intuitive.

You either just list the products in a slightly different order (re-order by keyword)(and if the keyword you want is in the middle of the alphabet then you scroll through quite a bit to get there, so from what I've learnt using the crew builder app still annoying and multiple keyword models either appear multiple times, or pot luck if they appear with the keyword you want), Or you need to list all the keywords in the tag to just select the one you want to look at, and that makes the list very unwieldy. I think there are over 60 keywords.

There may well be a neat way to do it as you want, but I can't see it.  ( I might also not be seeing what you actually want. )

the way the tags work, is a filter. So, currently. if you go to the M3E store, and select "browse by tags", it filters out anything that DOESN'T have that tag. currently the tags that exist are all of the factions, "limited"(for limited edition stuff I assume, haven't checked it), and a few months. currently i believe the dates are nov 2019, dec 2019, and jan 2020, which i assume is filtering to the models that were released those months.

What I'm proposing is adding the keywords to that list of filters/tags. Even just the major ones. I'm fine if it excludes things like beasts or human since those are rarely used. But it'd be nice to be able to select the faction you play, select the keyword you're trying to find stuff for, and just filter everything else out.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kyris said:

What I'm proposing is adding the keywords to that list of filters/tags. Even just the major ones. I'm fine if it excludes things like beasts or human since those are rarely used. But it'd be nice to be able to select the faction you play, select the keyword you're trying to find stuff for, and just filter everything else out.

Beast isn't a keyword. (Its a characteristic).

My point was there are probably over 60 different Keywords you could feasibly use to hire your crew with. I just counted 17 different keywords in Guild alone, although several will appear other factions as well. There are some masters that hire from multiple Keywords  (Ulix from the list you own is an example of a master that would hire from Pigs and Sooey). I'm not sure how you would want to define "the major ones", because I'm pretty sure if you missed one out, someone would come along and complain that you can't filter for all the effigies (for example).  Looking at the M3 page, just on master Keywords there are 53 different ones at the moment.

I think what you want is the ability to go "I'm playing Master X, what things can I buy for Master X without having to pay the out of keyword tax". But that wouldn't work using the webstore filters, and you end up with a huge list in the tags to have to look through every time you want to find a certain keyword.

50 minutes ago, Kyris said:

Disclaimer:  I agree that the store organization is terrible.  The question is “What would make it better enough to justify the data entry work?”  

Thank you for explaining the use case that you feel the store currently does not address.  However, I think your use case has a significant problem if your goal is to make it easier for people to find their model, the “select what faction you play” step.

Mei Feng is a Ten Thunders and Arcanist dual faction master with the Foundry keyword.  She’s got a Bayou box (Sparcs and friends), a her box with mostly Ten Thunders models, and boxes for four Arcanists models (I’m not sure off hand how they’re packaged/repacked).

Similar situation for Reva in Ressurectionists.  One of her keyword models is in a Ten Thunders box.

A significant number of crews are going to be in that sort of situation.  

Browsing the boxes by faction is great.  Browsing by keywords would be great.  But going from “browse by faction” to “browse this keyword” isn’t a search that’s going to stay in faction very often.

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

If someone hasn't said it, it would be cool if you could search for keywords using the search function

You can already. You just have to type the keyword into the search box.

You do have to be able to spell it correctly, which might be a downside, as the keywords aren't always the most straight forward to spell.

• Thanks 1