Raising

Virtual Malifaux

I am currently developing a digital versión of malifaux.

I'd like to know if wyrd have any interest on having this tool for the comunity or even themselves for easy testing and developing of the game, remote tournaments, tutorials or puzzles.

• Like 1

Hi.

Is not the same as vassal. The goal is having a game that enforces its rules. Automatically measures your movements or skill ranges. Calculate points, resolve duels. Show the posible actions and apply every related effect.

So. Is not the same. You cant hold a ranking or a tournament. Stream games to be interacted with the viewer or get good statistics of what happens in the game (how many cards are used by each master ?)

And thats without the aesthetic and usability part

That a lot of work for a little gain 

As for tournaments I regularly run events in vassal. I'm currently over half way through running a 40ish person world wide league on vassal 

XD, Of course you can stream the vassal game, I meant that you could interact over the table looking at cards and distances your self. also get the game automaticaly indexed so you could "jump" to certain events you are most interested like (sandeep activations)

But the main thing is that the game knows the rules, so no mistakes and playing will be way faster.

I wish you good luck with it, I'm not a programmer, but programming the rules to be right is no easy job (I can imagine from all the time the crew builders have been wrong since they first made them just how hard getting all the abilities to work correctly is).

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Adran said:

I wish you good luck with it, I'm not a programmer, but programming the rules to be right is no easy job (I can imagine from all the time the crew builders have been wrong since they first made them just how hard getting all the abilities to work correctly is).

Is quite a challenge, If you lack a software background I cant go in to details. But lets say that every piece of game flow ( even a usually automatic thing like check a stat in a card) has become an entity on itself lined up for execution. And since it exists by it self someone ( any other effect )can come and modify it, replace it, add aditional Flows inbetween ( terrifing for example is cheking whether an atack is declared against its owner, and it add its onw flow before the attack is resolved and in case it fails the duel, remove the rest of the atack flows and no part of the rest of the code knows a thing about what terrifing is just it self). that support the Open for extension closed for modification Software Principle that video games use to ignore and without it malifaux whould be imposible.

On 4/13/2020 at 4:16 PM, Raising said:

I am currently developing a digital versión of malifaux.

I'd like to know if wyrd have any interest on having this tool for the comunity or even themselves for easy testing and developing of the game, remote tournaments, tutorials or puzzles.

Seems interesting and if it is pulled off and works well this could be great.

I have seen Godtear in a form like this and it looks outstanding.

Good luck.

• Agree 1