Leader Henchmen

Deathinabox

So I really wish I could remember who originally came up with this idea (If you see this, please take credit. You deserve it). But while on the forum, someone suggested that in order to make taking henchmen as a leader more interesting (even if it still wouldn't make them super viable), each henchman could gain a leader-only ability. This wouldn't affect the henchmen at all when hired with a master, but could make some really cool games with a henchman leader. His example was giving effectively Necromantic Font to Hayreddin to allow him to hire Resser Zombies when taken as a leader to give you a Nephilim/Zombie crew. I've been thinking about this as well and have come up with a few ideas.

Mortimer could gain "Learned from the Best: When a corpse marker is dropped within 6:aura, this model may discard a card to summon a mindless zombie in base contact with the dropped marker, then remove the marker." this would allow you to create an unending wave of the undead with cheap, weak minions.

Manos the Risen could gain an ability to effectively get immortal soil and unearth to heal 4 and bury when killed and then unbury from a corpse marker when he activates. This would feel a lot more like the 2E Manos who would die and pop back onto the board over and over again.

The First Mate, I'm not sure what it should do, but it should definitely be called "I am the Captain Now"

Aionus could gain "Time Keeper: When this model activates, a model within 8:auragains Fast, another model within 8:aura gains Slow." This could let you get both conditions on enemies easily. Alternatively, he could get a rewind type ability like "After deployment, this model gains 3 time tokens. When a friendly model within 8:aurais killed, this model may spend 1 time token to have the model heal 3 wounds, then bury the model."

Anyways, those are just some of my ideas. It would be crazy to have them all updated in one errata, but it may be cool to see a few gain an ability each errata. Let me know what you guys think and  if you could give any henchmen a leader only ability or action, what would it be?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Deathinabox said:

The First Mate, I'm not sure what it should do, but it should definitely be called "I am the Captain Now"

That is the best!

Montresor should get his old Brick By Brick ability back: "When an enemy model in base contact with this model makes an attack action, it must first discard a card or the action fails."

Sensei Yu should be able to pick any single style card to attach at the start of the game that can never be changed.

If Old Major the leader, friendly Demise (Delicious Bacon) can now be optional across the board.

Philip and the Nanny should get something about the children. Something like:

"Helping the Children Grow: if this model is the crew's leaders, friendly crooligans get a :+flipto their damage flips."

Although would be good to fit in card draw somehow as well, as the crew is heavily reliant on it. Maybe draw a card in activations where crooligans damage an enemy.