Waldo's Weekly - 2020 Easter Sale!

Kyle

Hey Wyrdos,

We thought it would be a great time to do some spring cleaning in our warehouse. With all of the great new content coming your way soon, we’ve gotta make room back there! You’d be amazed at what we found beneath old experiments and faulty Soulstones. We’re just a bunch of Scrooge McDucks right now, swimming in classic miniatures.

Maybe we should run a sale. Given the time of year, let’s call it an Easter Sale! That’s right, our annual Easter Sale is back, and will be running on our webstore from April 9th through the 17th.

20-Easter_Newsletter_CouldHave.jpg

Normally, we have Easter miniatures during this sale, so you might be wondering why we aren’t doing that this year. In truth, we tried everything we could to make it happen, but due to everything going in the world today (is it too soon to blame Waldo?), it just wasn’t in the cards.

Don't worry, when things get back to normal (whenever that will be), we will be promoting how these models will be available. After all, some of those wonderfully chaotic models will make for great LGS promotions! For now, you have the glorious stat cards above to enjoy so you know what to look forward to when that time comes.

In the meantime, Waldo’s been working out his frustrations the only way he knows how. With a mallet.  

WaldosWeekly_4.8.2020_Comic.jpg

20-Easter_Newsletter_Avatar.jpg

For this year’s Easter Sale, we’re going old school.

For spending $100, you’ll get a random Malifaux First Edition Avatar miniature. You’ll also get one after spending $200, too. For what happens at $300, well, just read the next section!

These fan favorites can now be used in Malifaux Third Edition as proxies for Emissaries. For example, the Avatar of Contagion can replace the Hodgepodge Emissary. Cards for these classics are available on our website for free, on our M3E Crewbuilder app, and will be made available on WargameVault in the future. 

Here is a list of the Avatars you’ve got a chance to get:

• Avatar of Conflagration (Sonnia)
  • Avatar of Balance (Lady Justice)
  • Avatar of Athanasia (McMourning)

This is the first time we’ve made these available in years, so make sure to get a hold of these while you can!

20-Easter_Newsletter_Hannah.jpg

But that’s not all that’s up for grabs this year.

If you manage to hit $300 on your order, you’ll get the super rare (and super awesome) alt Hannah Lovelace.

This model has never been (and never will be!) available for direct purchase. So if you’ve been clamoring for this extremely limited Hannah, here’s your chance!

These will go quick, so we’ll be giving them out while supplies last.

For purchases beyond that $300 mark, Waldo will give you his endless love and appreciation.

20-Easter_Newsletter_Alts.jpg

Trying to figure out how to hit those marks to scoop up a few Avatars and Hannah? Well, we'll have a boatload of alt models and Nightmare boxes available, just like we always do, including the recent alt Spit Hog, the Mary "Blacktongue" Bonnet Nightmare box, and her trusted Salty Seadevil.

Additionally, we'll also have this month's new releases available during the sale. Those latest releases have already been sent out to distributors and will hit local game store shelves soon. 

To find out everything that will be available, you'll just have to visit our webstore tomorrow!

Orders will not start being fulfilled until starting April 14th, so we appreciate everyone's patience! Additionally, when putting together an order, make sure that everything is correct before hitting the last "Check Out" button. Alterations to orders after they have been submitted will not be possible. 

20-Easter_Newsletter_OneShots.jpg

Lastly, let’s talk about some of the recent releases that we’ve put out that you can enjoy while in the comfort of your own homes right now.

Both of the latest Through the Breach One Shots are available on DriveThruRPG right now! Get some friends together on Discord, Roll20, or Skype and start flipping cards to see how your Fated characters fair in the Malifaux wilds.

In The Dead Tide, players will find themselves on an abandoned pirate ship in the middle of nowhere. Uncover legends washed away by the deathless seas and be prepared to fight for your life, because the crew of the Harrow takes no prisoners.

The most recent release, The Iktomi Shuffle, will have players hop on a train. To rob it, of course. Head to the Southgate Railyards and explore the heart of the Condor Rails’ operation, but make sure to bring your wits with you, because their trains are known to play all kinds of tricks…

You can find both of these fantastic adventures (and many more!) on DriveThruRPG for just $5 each!

That's it from us. Remember, the sale starts tomorrow and ends on the 17th!

• Like 8

quietly underlines the 'orders CANNOT be changed once submitted' line

That's new for this time and you're usually too good about letting people change their minds.

If a box pops up containing the Lone Swordsman, tag me please. Been trying to find that for him for a very long time now.

The announcement mentions "Additionally, we'll also have this month's new releases available during the sale. Those latest releases have already been sent out to distributors and will hit local game store shelves soon. " Does that mean March releases or April releases? Specifically, I'm looking for the Crack in the Foundation, Makin' Bacon, and Waiting in the Wings boxes.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NoisyAssassin said:

Making the reward avatars random is sad, as there's only one that I'm at all interested in.

We encourage the community to communicate and trade if that works for y'all. Otherwise, complete and utter pain in the arse and I'm currently all about simplicity with our skeleton crews these days. 

• Like 5

Sounds good,

My two important questions are...

1. Will the April new releases be available for the Easter Sale??
  2. Will the Avatars be old school metal or resin or hard plastic???

Fired up for new stuff. 

I do think it is worth mentioning that I expect the Easter shipping will be slower than normal given all of the virus issues. So I'd emphasize that everyone needs to be a little patient. 

Well, what is now technically April releases due to the delays we've experienced, will be up. Yaaay CORVID-19. 

Avatars are a warehouse find - so they'll be packaged in the ol' M1E packages and of the material of their day, metal and/or resin. Only one that was ever done in plastic was Hoffman and I'm not even sure we have that one around - wasn't in that pile I found the other day. Got the folks looking in the morning so it might be added on there. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

We encourage the community to communicate and trade if that works for y'all

I love the spirit behind. But as a person who live in a area that cost $15+ to ship anything to US and UK, I do not like this method.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Avatars are a warehouse find - so they'll be packaged in the ol' M1E packages and of the material of their day, metal and/or resin. Only one that was ever done in plastic was Hoffman and I'm not even sure we have that one around - wasn't in that pile I found the other day. Got the folks looking in the morning so it might be added on there. :)

Maybe they'll find Rasputina's avatar while they're at it! 

2 minutes ago, Rosskov said:

Is it possible to use the colouring contest vouchers to fund part of your order? I'm just thinking on terms of time scales from the competition closing and the Easter sale? 

I got a message with mine the other day, I assumed it was too make sure they got out in time for the sale.

2 minutes ago, dzlier said:

I got a message with mine the other day, I assumed it was too make sure they got out in time for the sale.

To be fair I just posted my picture so had no idea when the vouchers would be issued. I just didn't know if I should hold off ordering till after the competition closes if that's when the vouchers were coming out and if so if its end up missing one or the other?.

As of a couple hours ago - anyone that had their picture posted had already received their certificate. Depending on how busy the front office is, they might do so again before they day is over in the next two hours, otherwise no other vouchers will be handed out till Monday when the busy gal working on them returns to the office.  We could have waited till after the contest was officially 'done' but frankly that would suck right?

• Thanks 4