Gorar Size 3?

Elroak

Isn’t it ridiculous?  I think this is one of the elements in M3E that pull me out of skirmish/realism.  Better than the height rules in 2e though.  I couldn’t keep playing Flames of War once I realized how representative it was rather than actual scale - if that makes sense.  Practice playing with that Sz 4 Bad Juju and Sz 5 Ghille suit Grootslang and just take notice of it when they have Sz 3+ in their crew, I guess

and use enough blocking and dense terrain!

Personally I'd hate it if a size two model is bigger than a size three, but don't think that is happening here?

Between its 40mm base and being slightly taller than size two models from memory, I think it lands in the low end of size 3?

The cutoff has to be somewhere, so as long as it isn't shorter than size two models, seems fine to me! Otherwise it might be mildly annoying.

• Agree 1

Looking at pictures of the Gorar, the sculpt is very much it in minimised space (all coiled up). If its similar height to a normal Ht 2 model while it is coiled up and stationary like that, then I don't have too huge a problem imagining that it can be seen over the top of humans as it moves along. (at least based on what I've seen of Cobras, who look similar, and often stand quite tall at the front of them. Apparently a King cobra that is 18ft long can stand 6ft off the ground. ).

(I'm basing this off of pictures as I don't actually have the model, but from the ones where I see it next to its crew box it doesn't look much lower than the Knights)

• Agree 2

15 hours ago, solkan said:

Just remember that the Grorar’s size stat changed from M2E to M3E.

It’s still not as bad as the “scaling problems” Watcher model.  🥶

Marlena went from Ht1 (M2e, a child alone) to Sz3 (M3e with tiny teddy!). Now that she’s broadcasting an aura to multiple models instead of being leashed to a master, that’s useful.

It’s not the watcher’s fault it had such a three-dimensional illustration. Still can’t wait for the M3e slender versions though, bet they will turn out great!

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

It’s not the watcher’s fault it had such a three-dimensional illustration. Still can’t wait for the M3e slender versions though, bet they will turn out great!

Same here.  If they come even half way close to the new card art, they’ll look great.  :) 

The plastic Watcher does look really nice, it’s just weird having to explain to people “No, that’s Sz 1”.  😕 

On 4/7/2020 at 2:09 AM, dzlier said:

They changed it from "height" to "size" for a reason as well. Size is more abstract now, it doesn't mean height alone. 

Also, come back to me when you see the size of Ryle's character model vs his Sz.

Also, Sebastian. That's probably the one that's stuck with me the most. Especially as I thought it was silly in M2E as well. That he can hide from Ophelia by running behind the Zombie Chihuahua just seems all kind of ludicrous.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

Also, Sebastian. That's probably the one that's stuck with me the most. Especially as I thought it was silly in M2E as well. That he can hide from Ophelia by running behind the Zombie Chihuahua just seems all kind of ludicrous.

I don't know, man, have you ever seen an enraged Chihuahua? I'd hide behind one any day.

But seriously, always annoyed me that model is not size 0 xD

• Agree 1

On 4/6/2020 at 6:53 PM, Nagi21 said:

Frankly since it's a snake, it should have an ability that lets it change it's size at the start of it's activation, so it can do snake things and get into places it shouldn't XD

It doesn’t even have unimpeded... vestigial-arm-facepalm