5 Guild models that need improvement

trikk

12 hours ago, eddy said:

Dashel isn't too op in any way. I think guild problem is that we compare masters insiede our faction an we end "balanced". He is A tier master now but they still lot of much stronger masters in other fractions. Thats exacly why Guild is worst faction now...

Yeah, until you see his alpha strike,  He is IMO a top 6 master behind, Levi, Dreamer, colette, Von Schtook,  and Asami

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, beergod said:

Yeah, until you see his alpha strike,  He is IMO a top 6 master behind, Levi, Dreamer, colette, Von Schtook,  and Asami

IMHO:
Sandeep > Colette.

Shenlong > Asami

I also really like Nellie. I think she's very underrated.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:54 PM, Da Git said:

Witchling Stlakers also have the problem of having little reason to hire them. Therefore I'd give them Follow My Path, so they can push another model 2" for a Bonus action. It's not a huge push but it's something and can get Sonnia out of engagement. These guys have always been described as like sniffer dogs in the fluff, leading their master to the target, so this really fits their fluff.

I love this idea! But TBH I think with a 6th wound they would also be good. And the biggest With Hunter loser is definitely the Queller. I think even giving him Analyze Weakness, a crow on the Arcane Staff and Stoke the Flames would be better than what currently is on the card.

The issue I have with Guild is that we don't really have a lot of self-sufficient versatile models. I mean Stalker, Hans, Barbaros, Johan, Child and Propector offer much more versatility than the asylum keyword. I really wish Nurse and Orderlies would be more self sufficient and fill a niche. Second issue is dual-keyword models: we have 2 (?): False Witness and Warden. Wardens aren't really that special. Arcanists have fun overlaps between Elemental.

I'd really like to see some more models get versatile/dual keyword (Jury being Elite for example, Investigators/Undercover reporter being versatile. Investigators as versatile make sense to cleanup the mess)

What Guild needs IMHO is something like a Freikorps Engineer/Scavenger/Shieldbearer: some semi-tough 6SS support model that gives focus so we don't have to rely on the Steward. I really wish the Stoke the Flames (Sonnia bonus action) was more common (Handlers and Quellers, looking at you). If we made the Quellers a support/disruption peace it would really make keyword-Sonnia work a lot better.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2020 at 5:54 AM, Da Git said:

Someone else ages ago had (IMO) a really good idea of giving Witchling Stalkers an ability Light The Way

Hey, that was me! (I'm inordinately pleased you liked the idea enough to remember it for several months. Thank you). I had several other thoughts for Witch Hunters as well, which you guys might be interested in (this is copied from my post in a previous thread, but from before the previous errata, so much of that discussion may not be relevant):

All Witch Hunters -

1. Counterspell - Remove the range restriction or change to "Enemy models within :ToS-Aura:6 must discard a card to declare triggers"

Sonnia -

1. Seeking Flames - Also ignore Dense and Stealth.
  2. Flameburst - Increase range by X, where X is the value of the Burning condition on the target.
    1. iirc, targeting happens, then range is determined, then legality is determined, which is how this is intended to work.
  3. Smothering Flame - Reduces damage received by X, where X is the damage the target would take from burning at the end of the turn.
    1. This would be neat, but maybe a bit much.
  4. Add :tome to Df.
    1. Probably a more reasonable defensive buff, though less interesting.

Samael Hopkins -

1. Gain Sharpshooter

Witchling Handler -

1. Goad Witchling - remove minion restrictions
  2. [New ability] Follow the Pack - When a friendly Witchling model ends its activation, one friendly model within :ToS-Aura:6 of this model may move up to 2" towards the Witchling.
    1. I've only recently come up with this, so I haven't considered the numbers or aura sources well yet, but something to this effect.

Thalarian Queller - 

1. [New ability] Lockdown - Remove all Lockdown Markers created by this Action. Drop a Lockdown Marker within range (6-8"). Enemy models may not be placed within :ToS-Aura:6 of a Lockdown Marker. Lockdown Markers cannot be removed except by this Action.
    1. The intent is for the marker to work like Blow it to Hell, except with a Gravity Well effect from the marker itself. This is inspired by the old Area Suppression markers, but helps a bit with the mobility issues we have. The ranges are entirely arbitrary, but something like that.
  2. Barrier to the Other World -> Lantern of Souls
    1. Preventing Demise abilities would have been more useful than slight summon damage. Also, we have Marshals for our anti-summoners, and we need some anti-demise tech.

Witchling Thrall -

1. Gain Creep Along

Witchling Stalker -

1. [New ability] Light the Way - When targeting a model without Burning, this model gains +:ToS-Tome: to its attack actions.
    1. This would let them automatically add the first burning, at least, without dying.
  • Agree 3

I have tried once more a team of Perdita with monster hunters and pistoleros and a DMR.

2 monster hunters did a job ok for their cost. 1 important stun, a few damage, 1 point scored. Not extremely good, but sufficient.

The opponent had some range, I could not scatter pistoleros to force him to run after them. They failed at every thing they and got slaughtered by an imassary in 2 turns. These 12 points were a waste for strats and schemes. They blocked 12 points of my opponent during 2 turns. It would not be that bad if they did not prevent draw from hero's gamble of Perdita.

I honestly feel all the Witch Hunters needs is Follow My Path on Stalkers and a complete rework of Thalarian Quellers. 
Samael could have a positive to attack versus burning targets but that's about it and I don't think it's that necessary

Thalarian Quellers could have: 

AoE Shielded
Giving Focus (something like Weird Device/Strengthen Armor)
Tools for the Job
Analyze Weakness
Way to remove suits from enemies
Remote counterspell (if you want to declare a trigger within X of a marker, you have to discard a card)
Gravity Well
SS usage disabling

Right now they are neither a support piece, a control piece, a tank piece, a damage piece. They are just all over the place.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 6:30 PM, HomelessOne said:

What's it look like? Do you use a specific team comp or is summoning the crux of it?

So you use the gov proxy queeg a srg and 2 executioners.  Use dashel and proxy  to give focus to the executioners this with queeg giving them fast. With the extra movement from the srg they have a 6 inch move. They get an extra 3 inch from queeg on activation

So trail of gore walk, then with fast you have 12 more inches to get within 8 inches to charge so realisticly they have a 28 inch threat range

And with lead lined coats they are tough to put down. Especially with two of them. Use the summons to get mounted guard as scheme runners.and replace executioners as needed

• Like 2

On 7/15/2020 at 1:12 AM, trikk said:

IMHO:
Sandeep > Colette.

Shenlong > Asami

I also really like Nellie. I think she's very underrated.

I'm surprised you place Shenlong here. I could see McCabe > Asami perhaps, but Shenlong seems pretty middle of the road after the nerf (although I haven't seen him since). 

On 8/5/2020 at 1:18 PM, Trample said:

I'm surprised you place Shenlong here. I could see McCabe > Asami perhaps, but Shenlong seems pretty middle of the road after the nerf (although I haven't seen him since). 

You might be right. I don't exactly know what changed but McCabe seems super solid as of now.