We want YOU! to join the Union!

eHobo

• 3 weeks later...

Paul Crockett and The Scorpius finished the keyword for now. There's only the Razorspine Rattlers left, and I'll be painting them when they show up at my FLGS.
The Scorpius will get get a coat of gloss varnish on the syringes after I give it the usual protective coating.

52940309_PaulCrockett.thumb.png.3a8087139d8a3bf57df3fa5fd1a89e51.png

Scorpius.thumb.png.f7787b120c1cad6845d1b2792746c915.png

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Something different this time. A pair of Doomseekers from The Other Side, that I'll be using as wizard and apprentice in Frostgrave. The purple guy is the wizard. They're already varnished, so they have the dusty look that only my camera can pick up.

Wizard.thumb.png.110f33429717f9018f6b16cadf088df0.pngApprentice.thumb.png.782308749a9be902a873654a6c132fbc.png

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been in a painting slump for a while. I bought a resin 3d printer, and a ton of friends and family did the whole "print and paint me this!"-thing, and I hate it. Now I've pissed off a bunch of people by telling them that I'm not a print shop, and that all freebies have been doled out, but at least I have time and peace to paint something that I want to.

I broke out of the slump with my favorite Malifaux model that I'll never use; the Wrastler that's about to powerslam a pig.

517643015_Wrastlerwpig.thumb.png.0d24c11106d7b359a1cd912d90c0a9fa.png

• Like 8

• 2 months later...

Right, I painted the Alt Firestarter for the painting contest. I went a bit too light on the OSL for this, so it's not super great, but at least it's done so I have a super cool/impractical Firestarter to put on the table :)

1770593029_AltFirestarter.png

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I'm doing something! It's time to actually paint the actual Union guys, so they can beat the crap out of whatever is in their way.
I always do a gimmick, and this time is no exception, but it's more of a technique than a gimmick. I'm practicing using oil paints for something besides washes, so the M&SU will be painted using nothing but oils. Also, all metal will be NMM.

Toni is the first model that I've painted this way, and it went okay! She might need a little violet in the shadows of her face, but otherwise, she's done.

Toni.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

I'm getting into oils myself soon. Feel free to write more about using oils. Triumphs, tribulations and all. I'd like to hear how it'll work out for you.

Toni's looking good.

Sure thing! I'll write something more when I've painted a couple of figures, but I'm following Marco Frisoni's way of doing things. You basically cover everything with a thick wash of oil paint, then remove most of it again, so you have a super thin layer of paint everywhere.

Then you wetblend everything, which works really well with oils.

I painted Toni from a layer of completely white primer, but I think it be much easier to start from a zenithal priming. That'll get the deep shadows using less paint, which'll cut days off the drying time, while still allowing for the very high, almost white, highlights.

• Like 1