Tried out Vassal (online Malifaux). It is great!

Downloaded Vassal last week.  It is surprisingly awesome.

Not quite as good as the real thing, but some things are even better. For examples, through the "auras" function you can check range for just about everything.

It is also very simple to use. A couple of tutorial videos on google and an evening of messing around, and it became very smooth to use.

With clubs shutting down around the globe, it is a great time to learn!

If it was on a giant touchscreen, I'd even prefer it to miniatures due to the ease of use.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

same here. i'm still using it mainly to play against myself, as we have a baby and I can't really justify being at home and not taking care of her if she needs me :P not sure if my opponent would be happy to wait 20 minutes until I put her to sleep or something like that. but I agree that its much better than I anticipated.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

same here. i'm still using it mainly to play against myself, as we have a baby and I can't really justify being at home and not taking care of her if she needs me :P not sure if my opponent would be happy to wait 20 minutes until I put her to sleep or something like that. but I agree that its much better than I anticipated.

Once I get familiar with the system and depending on time zones, I'd be happy to play Henchman Hardcore or something (with some background apps for me if you have to stop).

Parents especially deserve a mental break ATM!

EDIT: I'm in NZ, but can do most times during my weekends.

I finally got the module running last night and the game is...different with long range visible auras, certainly. I’m broadcasting like heck what I am thinking when I check ranges of this and that, but that is probably nothing new. For now I think I may leave all the threat range auras up all the time.

Why are scheme markers cheese?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

I finally got the module running last night and the game is...different with long range visible auras, certainly. I’m broadcasting like heck what I am thinking when I check ranges of this and that, but that is probably nothing new. For now I think I may leave all the threat range auras up all the time.

Why are scheme markers cheese?

My playstyle involves quite a bit of bluffing anyway, so I like to turn them on at random times 😜

That said, I do also like "full information" so in casual games I will point things out now ("you're ending in charge range, is that intentional?")

Have to reign in my evil tendencies for casual games.

Also, not sure why scheme markers are cheese? Who mentioned that?

Deck manipulation has increased since I last looked at Vassal in M2e. For now I am dragging manipulated cards into my ‘hand’ area so they remain unknown to my opponent, then manually cheating them in when they would have been flipped (which, in practice, has actually involved flipping from the deck, then immediately saying ‘oops’ while my opponent hits the Undo button very quickly, then ‘cheating’ from the mini-top-of-the-deck in the hand area). Is there an easier way to do this, in general?

You talking about stuff like Rig? I thought if you just grab the cards off your deck + put them where they should be flipped, then drag them back on top of your deck however you want them, they'll flip out in the correct order + your opponent wont see em (thought he only saw when you hit the 'flip' button).  But I've never played a game, just what i learned watching some youtubes yesterday.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, muraki said:

You talking about stuff like Rig? I thought if you just grab the cards off your deck + put them where they should be flipped, then drag them back on top of your deck however you want them, they'll flip out in the correct order + your opponent wont see em (thought he only saw when you hit the 'flip' button).  But I've never played a game, just what i learned watching some youtubes yesterday.

I think this is correct! My opponent did it for intuition.

yes you can just pull them off the top and then put them back in the order you want 

there are realy only two things vassal cant do for cards very easly the old ways and tara's totems flip deck and discard ability, everything else is fine for vassal (even dreamers thing you can pull cards off to one side of your hand and make a pile or two of them)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dannydb said:

there are realy only two things vassal cant do for cards very easly the old ways and tara's totems flip deck and discard ability, everything else is fine for vassal (even dreamers thing you can pull cards off to one side of your hand and make a pile or two of them)

For Old Ways the Euripides player could do more or less the same than a Dreamer player; just keep the cards in the side of the hand keeping them in order just in case they are needed again; but they will most likely just sit there until the next shuffle (unless there are some heavy Old Ways plays at the start of the turn when the discard pile is very slim).

Time Warp does seems a nightmare in vassal tho.

Yep, I'm also jumping into this bandwagon :D... I still don't have time to play, but I guess I could start practicing against myself a bit, a few activations each day couldn't hurt, right?

• Haha 1