Terrain Board 3.0

goth

For M3E, smaller terrain is better terrain because it encourages more terrain.  In my opinion, the game is balanced so that if you get a nasty alpha strike it usually means you’re using less than 35%.

• Agree 1

I’ve been thoroughly distracted by a 28mm frogman with smg, dude with a Belgian malinois in a holster on his back, un peacekeepers (thank the maker I didn’t have to paint their 10-wheeler assault buggy), a terrain commission for a gaslands player and a birthday present for my nephew to get him into gaslands which includes custom templates/tokens, rulebook and speedshop terrain piece.

23 hours ago, WLSFK said:

Great birthday ideas! Can you please post some pics of the Gasland stuff? Cheers

Sure thing!

The bad news is that I have been super distracted from what was supposed to be a fast, focused build... the good news is I’ve gotten four Vassal games in since Wednesday!

Next terrain update Sunday, will add photos.

I used the concentrate action.

The jury was out on two blocking impassible buildings but the Easter sale has cemented my master choices for the next few months.  Looks like swamp/forest/jungle/graveyard will be more of the theme.

The man-sized caltrop punji-stake mounds I mentioned earlier - these are fun to put on a Trap! dungeon tile or mix in with trees and other inserts on an earthworks/barricade base since it’s all removable as models walk through 

1BEF7665-2A03-4BF6-ACC5-40D1D18A8225.jpeg

• Like 1

The crates are primed.  I’m waiting to maybe put vines and thematic tie-in effects on them before painting... need to see what kind of weathering effects will end up on the big pieces so the accoutrements make sense.

Not bad for paper, ballpoint pen, toothpicks and elmers... I was going to test with Tamiya grey fine primer and more but the beastly weather gave me one break and I decided to save the good stuff since we’re all hoarderly doomsday preppers now... and used cheapo spray black acrylic.  It made the cereal box-material ones fuzz up a little - should have sealed with modpodge etc but this is supposed to be a fast cheap and easy table.  AND beautiful- happy I went overboard on scoring faux bois on the crates because at this rate it will barely show up after painting... but they are super light and sturdy.  Looking forward to painting.

C931281D-AF54-4AC7-8A5F-AA795F368BE7.jpeg

C4491BDF-553A-4AAC-A4E5-71306A015A2A.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ve got a dedicated 2 hour slot in the studio each day this astronomical week!

Tomorrow night:

• finish blood pond (I remember when it was a dang milk lake)

• create 2x sets of three “severe” inserts

• look at Lionel vs 28mm scale and read stuff

• draw rough layout for MalifauX league dungeon side project, a progressive grow league in the form of a survival dungeon crawl, which I’m writing a pdf for

Friday:

hopefully have the above finished to the point where I can sort modern, futuristic and MalifauX terrain together into Individual tables to check coverage, look at what’s needed and compare fishedness of building/priming/painting/washing/highlighting/finishing/sealing Stages... 😅 🥵 

Saturday:

tackle a blood pond-sized project

Finish at least 2 crates of each kind

Make a Vasilisa proxy

Sunday:

do another blood pond-sized project 

make a gwynth madx proxy- she bad

hopefully get to paint a 15mm crazy for gaslands that will be my personal avatar 😂  

• Like 1