Completing the collection (with tons of pictures)

Regelridderen

Took a little detour, as my spec order 46 turned up. 

Of course, I hated his weird pose - he looks like a teen cos-player with no idea on how to hold his body, not a menacing mimic assassin. 

Tried a simple conversion, just chopping up his arms to gide his knives behind his back - what do you think.

LOST IMAGES - SORRY

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, D-solad0r said:

Really like that bases mate.

I feel something strange in somes skins, but I think that it is something about the picture than the paint quality itself.

There’s some purple tones in there, that can seem a little jarring, perhaps? :)

And the bases were the simplest. A little Vallejo mud, a black primer, a White senithal, a shot of purple and a shot of orange. I thought about adding a few tufts of grass, but went for the less is more. 

No no, Purple in the skin is good for me. I usually make a mix with hull red or red violet with my base skintone to make glaze and shades. Maybe, there is some areas that seem strange to my mind because should be more contrasted. It is weird because there is a good gradient of skintone. It is weird too that it seems to be rough and smooth transition in skintone. Don´t know if this is something desired or not.

For example, if you see the 10th photo, the 2nd miniature. The leg is pretty well executed with shades and lights, but the torso is a little bit plain.

This is go for too much detail, I think the minis are quite well painted and I love your work. Simply, I am used to try to give a tip even thought I think that is good. One of my friends is a well-known professional miniature painter, so, he ask me for it.

I am hard trying to show my comment as a friendly and constructive one and I have the feel that I am making it worst ^.^`. English isn´t my mother language and it is a bit difficult to me.

I had a clue of how basses were made. Hopefully, I am going to get an airbrush soon and copy your idea 😄

• Like 1

@D-solad0r yeah. I see, what you mean - and didn’t take any offense to your critique, at all.

I love questions, and to get any pointers as to improvement is always welcome. I’m well aware, I’m not the greatest painter in the world. So whatever weakness people see, is something I can work with. 

Stylewise, I’m always amazed by people who do precision work, perfect gradients and every colour in the right place. I’ve found, I’m more casual (impatient) - more of a concept artist, than a painter, but some day, maybe I’ll get there. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cranky Old Man said:

@Regelridderen i really like the mossy trees how do you do them? Any particluar colours?

Thanks Cranky. Those go waaay back, trying to remember... I think, I just heavily diluted some green and brown notes, closed my eyes and lathered them on with a big brush.

When it comes to colour, I’d recommend you, rather than follow a recipe, try working with what you got, make your own blends. The colours on the internet is a twisted compromise between the lighting, the background, retouching, the camera, the screen you’re looking at vs the screen it was edited on and your OS before the paint itself. So what you see can differ quite a bit from whats on my shelf.

Rather than try to explain, I’ll direct you to a guy, who is my current inspiration. He’s got some great tutorials on colour theory etc, but check out, what he does with Just the three primaries+Black and White :

• Like 1
  • Agree 2