Completing the collection (with tons of pictures)

Regelridderen

1 hour ago, Regelridderen said:

You got it. 

I get some negative critique on the orange glow on the base, but I like the oversaturated technicolor effect of it 😊

Hey, it's a stylistic thing and there's no accounting for taste. :D

Also, some people are just instantly triggered by anything other than solid black base-rims. :)

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Hey, it's a stylistic thing and there's no accounting for taste. :D

Also, some people are just instantly triggered by anything other than solid black base-rims. :)

Absolutely 😊

And it’s not that they’re completely wrong either. That orange brightness does have a tendency to steal attention from the mini 😊

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Regelridderen said:

I’m taking a little break from Malifaux painting. Wanted to paint some bigger models - and just enjoy the ease of assembly in GW. 

So here’s the WIP of a couple of Ogroids. 

Looking good with the ogres. Great work with wizard's backside. Purples add a lot to it.

And I hear you on the assembly. I've mostly built and painted GW this year. Tonight I've been building last few models for December keyword.

Night and day. Night and day.

• Like 1

Ogroids look great. Love the orange glow on the myrmidon and the glossy looking skin on the Thaumaturge. 

1 hour ago, Nikodemus said:

And I hear you on the assembly. I've mostly built and painted GW this year. Tonight I've been building last few models for December keyword.

Think they've got their fair share of awful kits these days too. Chaos knights/warriors in particular are sort of mind-boggling. Also any model with invisible details like a face inside a helmet. 

Malifaux is still king for things you literally can't put together, but the lower model count makes it slightly more forgivable. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

How did you make the bases? They're really cool. 

Here’s a couple of ‘before’ shots. Just a little cork, a little Vallejo mud texture, some ink, then pour the Water FX. 

If you do not give the ink time to set it will react with the Water FX and create some funky effects. 

3A5D32C3-683D-4123-8F35-38A200C1AE3A.jpeg

1BFEF2B1-2D04-40A4-8BA6-A40A619DF970.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Just Jest said:

Loving the ethereal spotlight glow on the bases, really neat concept and well executed

2 hours ago, Just Jest said:

Loving the ethereal spotlight glow on the bases, really neat concept and well executed

Thanks a lot. 

I thought this crew deserved something a little out of the ordinairy, and had the idea when a deer tried to kill me on a dark country road. 

As you might see from my thread, I have a very minimalist mindset, when it comes to basing, trying to see how little you actually need to make the base tell a story. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...