• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The extinct fauna of Malifaux was revived with Titania's return and Nythera's magic. That's why T-Rex is a Fae.

Probably more like tamed/captured it Jurassic World style. Please god no.  The Jorogumo and Lord Chonky Butt are already too big as it is.  You can't have massive models that go way over their

Maybe the model comes with two bases, one for each feet

8 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

Why fae? I don’t see the connection thematically. Zoraida and her swampthings, gators etc. There it makes sense...

But I’d much prefer seeing some Neverborn for Lucius :)

I asked that myself. Fae are becoming more and more like a bowl of skittles. Diffrent kinds of wolfs, treepeople, undead monstrositys and now dinosaurs

• Haha 1

My question is if it's going to be on a 50mm base or is this something "bigger".   At one point they had been toying with an 80mm "dragon" Shen Long back when they were testing avatars in 2E.   Maybe they'll revisit that base size?

Edit: according to the one shot (thanks @Kyle) it's 30 ft long from nose to tail and 13 feet tall at the hips.   I hope this model is MASSIVE.

Edited by Clement
23 minutes ago, Ming said:

The extinct fauna of Malifaux was revived with Titania's return and Nythera's magic. That's why T-Rex is a Fae.

Thanks for the explanation - I still don’t see the connection with the aestethics of nightmare elves and were beasts though 😊

Oh, this is cool! 

1 hour ago, Regelridderen said:

Why fae? I don’t see the connection thematically.

What I'm wondering is why Cooper, that thing should be trying to chomp them; not obeying him. Did he befriend the beast somehow?

1 hour ago, Clement said:

My question is if it's going to be on a 50mm base or is this something "bigger".   At one point they had been toying with an 80mm "dragon" Shen Long back when they were testing avatars in 2E.   Maybe they'll revisit that base size?

Edit: according to the one shot (thanks @Kyle) it's 30 ft long from nose to tail and 13 feet tall at the hips.   I hope this model is MASSIVE.

Maybe it's a baby.

40 minutes ago, Ogid said:

Oh, this is cool! 

What I'm wondering is why Cooper, that thing should be trying to chomp them; not obeying him. Did he befriend the beast somehow?

Probably more like tamed/captured it Jurassic World style.

1 hour ago, Clement said:

Please god no.  The Jorogumo and Lord Chonky Butt are already too big as it is.  You can't have massive models that go way over their bases in a skirmish game where tight chokepoints and terrain are key.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 8
26 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

Please god no.  The Jorogumo and Lord Chonky Butt are already too big as it is.  You can't have massive models that go way over their bases in a skirmish game where tight chokepoints and terrain are key.

Don't forget Grootslang. Model is goddamn enormous.

Giant models are great for painters, but a bad choice for gamers. 

Just check out 40K, when I started a dreadnaught fit on a 40 mm base, now you have artillery, fighter jets, and titans stomping around on an area the size of a football field - and the game has gone from a tactical game of movement to a game of statistics and buckets of dice. 

• Agree 3
1 minute ago, Regelridderen said:

Giant models are great for painters, but a bad choice for gamers. 

Just check out 40K, when I started a dreadnaught fit on a 40 mm base, now you have artillery, fighter jets, and titans stomping around on an area the size of a football field - and the game has gone from a tactical game of movement to a game of statistics and buckets of dice. 

I mean to be fair the game was called MathHammer back in 2008 long before the massive models started coming out...

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Nagi21 said:

Lord Chonky Butt are already too big as it is

Damn, you just ruined him for me :D

6 hours ago, dzlier said:

Don't forget Grootslang. Model is goddamn enormous.

I've always find this one quite funny, it has to be a stealth god when it's really hard to find in the lore; and yet it has the size of a surveillance tower and leave behind holes as big as a subway entrance.

3 hours ago, aquenaton said:

Maybe the model comes with two bases, one for each feet

Jokes aside it's an interesting concept, but unfortunately hard to implement.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ogid said:

I've always find this one quite funny, it has to be a stealth god when it's really hard to find in the lore; and yet it has the size of a surveillance tower and leave behind holes as big as a subway entrance.

That's what makes it so terrifying.

Imagine going about your business, turning around, and one of the MFers snuck up behind you and stole your hot chocolate.

I mean, do you call him on it? Pretend you didn't see him? Pull out your great sword, slay him, and mock Nekima? Would be a tense situation.

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Ezuma said:

Might give me a reason to play Titania sometimes

Even if this thing is straight up bad I'll probably buy it for the model

The art is super appealing and it'll probably have the beast keyword, which could enable Marcus as a decent secondary Master for her. He is kind of legit already with Rougarous and Gorar becoming eventualy a third wolf. I'm also looking forward to see the new options it offers.

29 minutes ago, Ogid said:

The art is super appealing and it'll probably have the beast keyword, which could enable Marcus as a decent secondary Master for her. He is kind of legit already with Rougarous and Gorar becoming eventualy a third wolf. I'm also looking forward to see the new options it offers.

Unfortunately, even if the Malisaurus Rex has the beast key word, Marcus won't be able to take it.  Looking at the box it's faction is The Explorer's Society only, not Explorer's/Neverborn. 

• Agree 1
25 minutes ago, Igpus said:

Unfortunately, even if the Malisaurus Rex has the beast key word, Marcus won't be able to take it.  Looking at the box it's faction is The Explorer's Society only, not Explorer's/Neverborn. 

That's why he said Marcus as a secondary for her, as in hiring a second master. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I'm really looking forward to seeing this model and hoping it isn't too big. I'm generally not a fan of the really large models, although I recognize some people like them that way. It's primarily because they're difficult to carry to tournaments. If he's good enough I'll probably use him anyway, but I would prefer it if he weren't much larger than your typical rider. 

• Agree 3