thatlatinspeakingguy

Another Lodestone question (maybe dumb)

Question

Does the Interact that lets the model move o Loadstone token from one model to another involve targeting either of the models? There is no word "target" in the description, but maybe it's taken for granted? I am asking because Hostile Work Enviroment could be a pretty good Ability in that Strategy if it involves targeting.

6 answers to this question

If a staggered model with a lodestone is engaged by a model with Restrains ability and should be removed from the table, what will happen to the lodestone?

The Restrains ability says that the engaged staggered model is ignored by its controller for strategies and schemes.

6 hours ago, Ming said:

If a staggered model with a lodestone is engaged by a model with Restrains ability and should be removed from the table, what will happen to the lodestone?

The Restrains ability says that the engaged staggered model is ignored by its controller for strategies and schemes.

I suspect the intention is no shenanigans to prevent the lodestone from transferring.

RAW... Technically, yeah, that would permakill the lodestone I guess.

I'd definitely play it the former way though.

You could argue that the marker isn't affected by the model. So you kill the model and then the marker transfer rules takes effect, since the rule rule refers to the marker and not the model. 

38 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

You could argue that the marker isn't affected by the model. So you kill the model and then the marker transfer rules takes effect, since the rule rule refers to the marker and not the model. 

Marker isn't affected by the model, but the token is. You can't measure 'closest friendly model' for token transfer without using the original model to measure.

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Marker isn't affected by the model, but the token is. You can't measure 'closest friendly model' for token transfer without using the original model to measure.

Could take that to mean you could consider ANY model on the table is the closest one... I mean if we're keeping the logic of permadeath to the lodestone lol.