Wait... is Corrupted Lay Lines Actually Really Easy?

Jesy Blue

Screenshot_20200311-121621.thumb.jpg.7bdbe00429cf5adb77bb25998c252bf4.jpg

So, while scoring is not allowed on the first turn, a model with a Lodestone token can claim a strategy maker on the fist turn still, just like you could flip Turf War markers on turn 1, so you can always be one move ahead of the turn needed.

And unlike Turf War markers, you can never remove your claim from the Strategy marker, so you can literally forget it once it's claimed!

Is this another episode of "I'm Slow" or did no one else realize this either?

It's definitely all about keeping your lodestone carrier safe and tying down the opponent's carrier. If you can engage him to prevent him from moving and interacting, but not killing him, you have a good chance to prevent full points. Obviously you also have to keep his friends from being able to interact within an inch of him as well. I agree that two points are really pretty easy on this one, but you can stop full points. For a carrier speed is certainly important, but agile and Don't Mind Me are huge in this one. 

Depends on crew makeup honestly. The trick is to not kill the lodestone runner but to keep it boxed in. I think Rasputina, or, potentially even keeping the loderunner just pinned in using triggers like 'You're Coming With Me' or just good ol' fashioned 2inch reachers...

Lures also can help kill points. Just save a lure until late in the turn and, y'know.

Yoink.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2020 at 5:16 AM, Wakefield said:

HO MAN! IT'S MY BEST TEN THUNDERS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER TEN THUNDERS FAMILY.

Yeah, no the game tonight I used Lures to deny three points in a row.

Laugh off is worth something here, in case people had forgotten about that. Stealth too. Don't just pick the cheapest minion to carry the stone. It will be interesting to see how people play this after a handful of tries. :)