What to you take with Lucius?

Meliondor

Lucius wants to have as many pass tokens as possibe in the game. Also he wants Minions, Elite or Mimic Models for his extra actoin ability.

Which route do you go?

And now that the Agent was nerfed - is the Mimic the better choice because of 1 point higher stat? I really loved the sniper ability of the Agent (no cheating on shooting was just fun). 

I just consider the Mastermind ability as a nice bonus and do not build my crew around it. Taking models which will be good in the game will allways be better than taking worse models in order to possibly gain some extra card draw. Especially since Lucius will have quite a lot of card draw anyway. In fact, when I have pass tokens I usually save them for the next initiative flip anyway, unless I really need better cards (or can gain a significant advantage from delaying an activation).

And I think that Agent 46 is still absolutely worth taking. He was insane before, but is still a really good model. But of course it depends on the purpose in a list. If copying a specific attack was the main reason for getting the Agent, a Doppelganger might be better now.

41 minutes ago, Mortarion said:

I just consider the Mastermind ability as a nice bonus and do not build my crew around it. Taking models which will be good in the game will allways be better than taking worse models in order to possibly gain some extra card draw. Especially since Lucius will have quite a lot of card draw anyway. In fact, when I have pass tokens I usually save them for the next initiative flip anyway, unless I really need better cards (or can gain a significant advantage from delaying an activation).

And I think that Agent 46 is still absolutely worth taking. He was insane before, but is still a really good model. But of course it depends on the purpose in a list. If copying a specific attack was the main reason for getting the Agent, a Doppelganger might be better now.

I wouldn’t run a Lucius list without 46 even with the nerf. I also don’t think I’d run a Lucius list without the Doppelgänger. They are too versatile and don’t mind me is really nice in GG1. 

I’m really interested to hear out of Keyword synergy that people have discovered. I feel like some extra punch is desperately needed in Elite/Mimic. 

It’s one of the reasons I don’t play them that often. They have tricks, but they struggle staying alive if your enemy is smart enough to focus/attack against key pieces. 

Pathfinders are really good in lucius. You get the cards for traps. Their gun is disgusting with 46, who can stone for slow. The extra push is nice and the traps gives staggered if you fancy the investigator list.

Undercover reporter is good in any list. If the pool is right he's a one man scheme denier. Also his Attack is solid with mimic against armor. 

Exorcist against summoners. 46 can stone the trigger to instant kill a golem or jorogumo. 

Papa loco allows you to create a shockwave spamming list. 

Both. False witness can secure stake a claim. Use the action twice, lucius once, a lawyer and then you have eight markers down. Yes you have to discard four, but you should have dome to spare. 

Investigators are great. Utility and damage in one model. They do need some stagger support though, but the 0" range isn't as bad as people say, you have plenty of ways to get around it. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Joebill said:

Perdita, 46, doppelganger, one minion to taste.

Keeps the crew real small to get me some card draw turn one and then perdita likes both the small crew size and the 7 card hand for hero's gamble.

I've been thinking any doing Lucius as the leader of a three master crew. 

Maybe Dashel and the dispatcher. He could only summon a couple things, but a pair of executioners would make good issue command targets.