Insignificant & Hidden Martyrs

GrumpyGrandpa

Question

13 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Angelshard said:

It does. Hidden martyr doesn't look at who killed the model only that it was enemy controlled. 

It needs to be killed by a model. Without getting into the enemy-controlled thing, insignificant models don't exist as far as the schemes and strats are concerned. If an insignificant model kills a martyr, that martyr just dropped dead out of nowhere as far as the scheme is concerned.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, santaclaws01 said:

It needs to be killed by a model. Without getting into the enemy-controlled thing, insignificant models don't exist as far as the schemes and strats are concerned. If an insignificant model kills a martyr, that martyr just dropped dead out of nowhere as far as the scheme is concerned.

I believe you might be wrong.

Using GG0 as a basis: If an insignificant model killed something in Turf War, the marker didnt flip. BUT if an insignificant model killed something in Reckoning, the kill still counted.

Just now, farmoar said:

I believe you might be wrong.

Using GG0 as a basis: If an insignificant model killed something in Turf War, the marker didnt flip. BUT if an insignificant model killed something in Reckoning, the kill still counted.

Reckoning just needed a model to be killed. It didn't care who, what, or how. Turf war is the closer apporximation, since the only difference is that turf war said if an enemy model kills, and hidden martyrs says if an enemy controlled model kills.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Is the "enemy-controlled" thing that the use and definition of enemy controlled don't match, so schemes don't work the way they should?

Yeah. Not an interpretation that I think anyone should enforce at a table, but I'll definitely mention it here to keep the issue known about and hopefully addressed in some way.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Check the votes/agree reacts.

Most people agree with Santa (it says the chosen model must be killed by a model an enemy controls, so insignicant models don't count).

I did - Still not sure.

Most people seem to believe, as I do, that they don't count. But I'd hate to make my main argument "4 out of 7 people agree with this". Was hopin' we'd come to any agreement on this one :)

I'm still trying to get my head around friendly controlled and enemy controlled, but as far as I read, it needs to be killed by a model. As far as strats and schemes apply insignificant models don't count as a model for such a purpose, so won't count.

19 minutes ago, Adran said:

I'm still trying to get my head around friendly controlled and enemy controlled, but as far as I read, it needs to be killed by a model. As far as strats and schemes apply insignificant models don't count as a model for such a purpose, so won't count.

I think they broke friendly/enemy controlled. Half the time they use 'enemy controlled' they mean 'a model controlled by your opponent'