Volunteers for Gremlin Tactica

Thatguy

I noticed that a lot of the other faction forums have tactica and guides to using masters pinned. I did a quick forum search and couldn't find anything similar for Bayou. 

Would anyone else be interested in making one or more? I think I could do a pretty good one for Somer, but don't think I've got enough experience with other masters to do them justice. 

With the GG1 just came out, I think it is a good timing to have more tactical discussions. Only this sub-section is not as active as other factions because of low player number. I had written a overview of the Big Hat keyword before but not getting much replies. So you may need more effect to do tactical article here compare to elsewhere.

22 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

I remember reading about Mah, Som'er and Wong. I even gave some extra info for Wong. However none of them are pinned, maybe that's the problem.

I think I'd we could find them to pin it it would help new players. I took a cursory look but I'll try looking again when I get a chance.

14 minutes ago, Scoffer said:

I have written an Ulix guide in Russian, but it will take time to translate it.

That'd be mighty nice of you.

Som'er

Wong

For Mah, there were a couple of topics with a lot of good content, but not structured as they should to be a "guide/introduction to".

I can do Mah collecting the ideas from @Math Mathonwy @wizuriel @OracleToronto , or even better, we can discuss it in private and come up with a guide redacted by everyone :)

@Rathnard could update his post, which is already quite good and will need only to be pinned. Same for @Rufess about to Big Hat, which I still struggle to make them work.

I can take care of Ophelia by myself (and I would appreciate any collaboration :)), since after Wong, is the master I've played more often (between both, more than 40 games since release easily).

So we're missing:

• Zipp (I don't have him)
  • Ulix @Scoffer could you translate it? :P
  • Brewmaster (I don't have enough experience with him, I bought the box 3 months ago).
  • Zoraida (I don't have her)

So, what do you think guys? Let's make the Bayou great again? :D 

• Like 4

I think that pinning the Wong tactica is a great idea - it's well-written, quite comprehensive and wasn't affected by the errata.

Mah needs to be looked at in a somewhat different light after the errata, I feel. She arguably got hit the most by the errata with her signature ability getting impacted gigantically, BBB getting a small hit, and Miners getting nerfer massively. I agree with all of the changes made but she wasn't exactly oppressively winning tournaments left and right and her power level was impacted massively so I'm a tiny bit worried.

I did ask about Zipp and there was a wealth of great information in that thread from the likes of @Jesy Blue, @Rufess, and @wizuriel. I hope to take him for a spin in various configurations soon including testing the new Smugglers.

7 hours ago, ShinChan said:

I can take care of Ophelia by myself (and I would appreciate any collaboration :)), since after Wong, is the master I've played more often (between both, more than 40 games since release easily).

That would be cool. I'm happy to offer feedback, but I haven't played much Kin since the beta.

10 hours ago, ShinChan said:

@Rathnard could update his post, which is already quite good and will need only to be pinned.

First off thanks for the kind words. :)

...And secondly, yes i definitely need to update it. I've got a new version in progress, but it's been hard to find time to sit down and finish it off. I'll see if i can get it organised sooner rather than later!

• Like 1

The Big Hat overview is more a first impressive rather than a tactical. To be a tactical guide line it lacks of accuracy and depth. I am more than happy to start over and write a new article on Big Hat after I have enough experience with them now, but it needs some time. So in the meantime if anyone is willing to do it as well and can finish before me, please feel free to publish it.

I'd love to volunteer!  I know I've been on a Reva/ Outcast kick, but if there's a crew that could use a write up, I'm happy to put it through it's paces.  Looking at the keywords talked about so far, I'm leaving towards Sooey/ Pigs.  Im also happy to collaborate for anything.

Really, I'm just looking for excuses to play more malifaux.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diceman87 said:

I'd love to volunteer!  I know I've been on a Reva/ Outcast kick, but if there's a crew that could use a write up, I'm happy to put it through it's paces.  Looking at the keywords talked about so far, I'm leaving towards Sooey/ Pigs.  Im also happy to collaborate for anything.

Really, I'm just looking for excuses to play more malifaux.

@Scoffer says he might translate his Ulix Guide. But another player positing ideas would be helpful.

On 3/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, ShinChan said:

or even better, we can discuss it in private and come up with a guide redacted by everyone :)

could update his post, which is already quite good and will need only to be pinned. Same for @Rufess about to Big Hat, which I still struggle to make them work.

So we're missing:

• Zipp (I don't have him)
  • Ulix @Scoffer could you translate it? :P
  • Brewmaster (I don't have enough experience with him, I bought the box 3 months ago).
  • Zoraida (I don't have her)

So, what do you think guys? Let's make the Bayou great again? :D