GG Season 1: What I Ate Crow On

Jesy Blue

What rulings did you believe with your whole heart were right, but were ruled against? 

• Hannah and the breadth of Tactical actions I thought she could take as a bonus action:  I swore it was with the 10 points with everything else, she just feels not fully worth it as is
  • Stealth vs Eyes of Night and other such range extending abilities:  it felt thematically right that someone pulling the strings from far away would not be able to direct an w tion to someone they themselves could not perceive.

What did you lose out on?  (No gloating, we already have been beaten down enough)

2 hours ago, Nagi21 said:

That if I kill a model with Shove Aside, I still get to push myself. ("If a model is killed (and removed) from the first of these effects, any following effects (such as being Pushed, discarding cards, etc.) are ignored.")

That doesn't actually apply to shove aside. That's about actions like the one in the question that does X damage and then pushes the model. Shove Aside working or not when the model dies isn't something that was addressed this FAQ.

1.18. It doesn't follow how the rest of the timing chart works and is a deviation from 2nd edition. I'm not gonna say it's an errata disguised as an FAQ or anything like that since there wasn't anything hard going one way or the other, but it's definitely inconsistent.

GG was actually very favorable to my interpretations.  

However, I think often whether you end up being "right" or "wrong" in these cases has less to do with your argument and is more a function of luck.  The most contentious points are almost always going to be matters of interpretation, for which there aren't clear resolutions and textual support for many different positions are possible.

To me, the take away is to approach matters of interpretation flexibly.