Ressers discussion for the new strategies.

Hey, since the topic of this thread is very interesting and the discussion stopped very soon after gg1 release (probably due to covid) I wanted to ask your opinions which master you pick for which strategy after some more testing.

I heard in a podcast that you should pick masters/keywords for strategy and models for specific schemes. i, and maybe some others too, are interested in where to start when strategy and schemes are announced so maybe we are able to stay on strategies and some very specific models for schemes to help with that.

Thank you for your opinions... 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 2:11 PM, unti said:

Hey, since the topic of this thread is very interesting and the discussion stopped very soon after gg1 release (probably due to covid) I wanted to ask your opinions which master you pick for which strategy after some more testing.

I heard in a podcast that you should pick masters/keywords for strategy and models for specific schemes. i, and maybe some others too, are interested in where to start when strategy and schemes are announced so maybe we are able to stay on strategies and some very specific models for schemes to help with that.

Thank you for your opinions... 

There are a few steps, based on the information available

STEP ONE : The Master Choice

Here you know the layout of the terrain and the deployment. Along with the Strats and Schemes available - and you’ll also know the opposing faction  

You need to make your choice based on all of this. It makes a huge difference whether deployment is Wedge or Corner, and this will shape the game. 

STEP TWO : The Crew 

Of course there are stables to all masters, but you also have some wiggle room, allowing you to counter what tricks, your opponent will bring, as you now know their master/playstyle. E.g. Will there be a lot of conditions, armor, will they have a good chance to negate your advantages? i.e. Levi excels at oblitterating key models, so maybe you should refrain from relying on those. 

STEP THREE : Choose Schemes

Now you know, what you’re up against, you’ll have to consider, what your opponent is most likely to attempt, and what Schemes you can accomplish while countering those. Of course, you should have had a rough idea so far, but this is the point, where you make an informed decision. 

-

Of course this all requires vast knowledge of the game, opponents, crews etc. If you’re starting out, forget about it. Base your decisions on your own crew and their capabilities 9/10 familiarity, and the ability to adapt that comes with it, will win you games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regel gives a great breakdown above, but just want to emphasise deployment type.

That has a huge impact on master choice.

Another trick is to map out everywhere on the board you can score points and the enemy can score points.

Wedge deployment with all the points scored in the centre or where your opponent is? Grab a crew that can dominate a brawl in the centre.

Got one where they can score anywhere on the board with scheme markers? Grab Molly.

I find mapping all the places you can score points helps give a comprehensive view.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1