Moving the Lodestone

Mycellanious

Question

16 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

"Friendly-controlled models within 1" of a friendly model with a Lodestone Token may take the Interact Action to move that Lodestone Token to another friendly model within 6" and LoS."

6" and LoS of the model taking the Interact Action or the model with the Lodestone token?

Without a FAQ my first guess would be within 6" and LOS of the model taking the Interact action. Most actions measure from the model taking the action (though there are exceptions). That's my guess anyway.

46 minutes ago, Icebeard said:

We just had a game where misaki was the last of her crew on the board, carrying the lode stone. 

What happens if there are no models to pass the stone to? 

You can't pass it if you have no one to pass it to. 

2 hours ago, Icebeard said:

So in the case of a Bury, does she keep it and buries anyway, or does the Bury fail? 

Better hope it's the latter.

GG1, p12, col2, para 2 "Models with Lodestone Tokens cannot be Placed."

CRBv0320, p33, col1, para 3 "When Unburying a model, the controller of the Unbury effect places the model back on the table as described by the effect. If the model cannot be Placed, the owner of the model instead places it anywhere inside their Deployment Zone. "

If a model with a Lodestone is ever Buried, and can't get rid of it, they aren't ever coming back.

10 minutes ago, zavros said:

Is the 2nd model interacting with the lodestone model able to toss the lodestone to itself?

As per my favorite FAQ, no. Using "Does Enraged by Insolence give Nekima attacks, answer, no because it says 'another' friendly nephilim" you cannot interact to hand the lodestone to yourself, because the lodestone must go to "another" friendly model. 

1 hour ago, Kharnage said:

As per my favorite FAQ, no. Using "Does Enraged by Insolence give Nekima attacks, answer, no because it says 'another' friendly nephilim" you cannot interact to hand the lodestone to yourself, because the lodestone must go to "another" friendly model. 

Maybe this particular topic needs its own thread but that FAQ has changed how some triggers works. I'm not 100% sure if the Nekima clarification/ruling is extrapolable to all cases (it's true as it is written it seems it does)

For example, "My loyal servant" may now heal the target (which means Sun Quiang can heal twice the target if it gets the trigger), but the worst offender found by now is Ricochet (spotted by @Thatguy in this tread), that thanks to that FAQ may now damage the target twice.

53 minutes ago, Ogid said:

For example, "My loyal servant" may now heal the target (which means Sun Quiang can heal twice the target if it gets the trigger), but the worst offender found by now is Ricochet (spotted by @Thatguy in this tread), that thanks to that FAQ may now damage the target twice.

Well, if they'd like to revert this ruling so that my girl can get mad when her tots die, I'd be all for it. As is, it's my favorite "look what you monsters did" from the FAQ.

5 hours ago, Kharnage said:

Does that FAQ apply here? The FAQ says that Another refers to, "not the model from which this text is written," but the text for moving the Lodestone is from a model, its from a Strategy

On 3/12/2020 at 2:29 PM, Mycellanious said:

Does that FAQ apply here? The FAQ says that Another refers to, "not the model from which this text is written," but the text for moving the Lodestone is from a model, its from a Strategy

Can you explain why you think strategies and ability/action text would have a different convention for “another”?