Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So, Nellie lost her two best counters: Corrupted Idols and Deliver a Message, RIP. She also got a ruling confirmation that enemies forced to take an interact MAY simply choose to "remove all markers," even when that number is 0, so no baked-in synergy with Dashel-summoning, etc.

That said, we got clarification that a model being Exclusive Interview'd counts as BOTH a friendly AND an enemy model, so now Nellie's One More Question can cause {forced interact controlled by Nellie, card draw by Nellie, focus for Nellie, slow on the target, 1/3/4 if engaged on target, focus for other reporters}. That's a decent bit of master tech, particularly on a model that can also control a charge and, e.g., spend a focus or ALL of a rider's tokens (you can add them to the duel total even if you aren't declaring anything with them!).

Schemes and Strats seem to be a mixed bag for Nellie:

Schemes:

Breakthrough remains possible with some careful play
Hidden Martyrs is potential defensive tech/scoring capacity for Field Reporters!
Sabotage looks rough, but False Witnesses can theoretically narrow the requirements.
Leave Your Mark looks to be Nellie's new temptation, both for achieving and denying. Again the False Witness can help drop the additional markers.
Research Mission Nellie can get a scheme down by a strat marker, but it's pretty unclear where the third marker would come from ... kill a hound yourself?
Spread Them Out feels somewhat possible for Nellie's crew, though they'll have difficulty defending those markers.
Runic Binding might have some play if Phiona can pull in two activated models to where a third is and Nellie can surprise someone with a third marker drop, but it looks fairly difficult without some opponent misplaying.


Strats:
Symbols of Authority: Interact to Score with your Don't Mind Me, heal-on-interacts, Squeal'ing Master? Nellie probably enjoys this one. Undercover Reporter may be able to jump in and help in a surprising way too.
Recover Evidence: Really Nellie's crew is just good on defense here; you can't interact if you're in an Exclusive Interview bubble, so you'll have to remove that figure first.
Corrupted Ley Lines: Unclear here: if Nellie can force an interact and have a target toss their lodestone to another model friendly to the opponent, Nellie might have some denial game. That seems to be one remaining hole in an otherwise pretty robust adjustment of the rules. (Dashel looks pretty good here, between Laugh Off and Executioners playing Goalie with Scatter to push models off of base contact late in a round.)
Public Enemies: On this kill-y strat, you probably look elsewhere.

 

By and large, I'd say that the new pools aren't great for Nellie. You might use her for Symbols, but chances are she's just as good hired in as a second master to run your strat points while the rest of your crew kills and schemes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Symbols : Nellie should be able to get 3. maybe 4 if the opponent did not split them enough. Reporters can deny interacts for defense. The crew seems really efficient here.

Recover Evidence : you have to make some killing to score. I do not think that Nellie will be really good here. The reporters do not have good survivability, and not enough damage to make the kills.

Corrupted ley lines : I do not think that you can retrive opponent's tokens according to wordings. You can dig here, but the opponent only has 1, it would really be an auto win. Even if the wording allows it, I guess it would be forbidden in our meta. You can force interact on opponents close to your carrier to help move tokens beetwen your models, and you can prevent the interact of opponent. It still seems good for reporters.

Public enemies : don't bring pen to a fight 🙂

Hidden martyr : nothing special here

Sabotage : lots of ennemy forced movement and scheme denial.

Catch and release : no model with good survival ability, and too few damage to kill the ennemy catcher. Bad for reporters

Let them bleed : pen, fight, no

Leave your mark : lots of scheme denial. Good ! Phiona with LLC trying to get leave your mark and false claim will seem obvious for opponent. The reveal seem hard and may be a problem

research mission : not for guild. Forget this one

Spread : not the best move to score it, but good denial

Runic binding : not the best move to score it, but good denial

I do not feel that reporters are in a badspot here. They may be below Dashel for most of them

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since her charge obey is on a trigger, she also lost the ability to make those charging models use a trigger.  Especially hurts against Levi.

 

It doesn't look like nellie can force the toss. Friendly controlled is the wording they used to block that.  But her convulsions is decent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I think false witness might be the best top half of a set for hidden martyrs.  Who isn't going to kill those things?

Who is going to kill them with a model when you can poison, hazardous or burn them ? You also have to find the right pair at 8 points max.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

Who is going to kill them with a model when you can poison, hazardous or burn them ? You also have to find the right pair at 8 points max.

Yeah, we don't exactly have models that are a good survivable second half.  
I rarely lose a model to conditions like that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

So, Nellie lost her two best counters: Corrupted Idols and Deliver a Message, RIP. She also got a ruling confirmation that enemies forced to take an interact MAY simply choose to "remove all markers," even when that number is 0, so no baked-in synergy with Dashel-summoning, etc.

That said, we got clarification that a model being Exclusive Interview'd counts as BOTH a friendly AND an enemy model, so now Nellie's One More Question can cause {forced interact controlled by Nellie, card draw by Nellie, focus for Nellie, slow on the target, 1/3/4 if engaged on target, focus for other reporters}. That's a decent bit of master tech, particularly on a model that can also control a charge and, e.g., spend a focus or ALL of a rider's tokens (you can add them to the duel total even if you aren't declaring anything with them!).

Schemes and Strats seem to be a mixed bag for Nellie:

Schemes:

Breakthrough remains possible with some careful play
Hidden Martyrs is potential defensive tech/scoring capacity for Field Reporters!
Sabotage looks rough, but False Witnesses can theoretically narrow the requirements.
Leave Your Mark looks to be Nellie's new temptation, both for achieving and denying. Again the False Witness can help drop the additional markers.
Research Mission Nellie can get a scheme down by a strat marker, but it's pretty unclear where the third marker would come from ... kill a hound yourself?
Spread Them Out feels somewhat possible for Nellie's crew, though they'll have difficulty defending those markers.
Runic Binding might have some play if Phiona can pull in two activated models to where a third is and Nellie can surprise someone with a third marker drop, but it looks fairly difficult without some opponent misplaying.


Strats:
Symbols of Authority: Interact to Score with your Don't Mind Me, heal-on-interacts, Squeal'ing Master? Nellie probably enjoys this one. Undercover Reporter may be able to jump in and help in a surprising way too.
Recover Evidence: Really Nellie's crew is just good on defense here; you can't interact if you're in an Exclusive Interview bubble, so you'll have to remove that figure first.
Corrupted Ley Lines: Unclear here: if Nellie can force an interact and have a target toss their lodestone to another model friendly to the opponent, Nellie might have some denial game. That seems to be one remaining hole in an otherwise pretty robust adjustment of the rules. (Dashel looks pretty good here, between Laugh Off and Executioners playing Goalie with Scatter to push models off of base contact late in a round.)
Public Enemies: On this kill-y strat, you probably look elsewhere.

 

By and large, I'd say that the new pools aren't great for Nellie. You might use her for Symbols, but chances are she's just as good hired in as a second master to run your strat points while the rest of your crew kills and schemes.

I like the sound of how Exclusive Interview works, but how is a model counting as both enemy and friendly? You lost me there! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Since her charge obey is on a trigger, she also lost the ability to make those charging models use a trigger.  Especially hurts against Levi.

 

It doesn't look like nellie can force the toss. Friendly controlled is the wording they used to block that.  But her convulsions is decent.

The Charge trigger has been non-master only already, so that's not a change if you mean using it to TARGET Leveticus.

 

6 minutes ago, Irritated Walrus said:

I like the sound of how Exclusive Interview works, but how is a model counting as both enemy and friendly. You lost me there! 

@Irritated Walrus, this is from the new FAQ document, the Specific Abilities section, number 12:
 

Quote

12) Exclusive Interview – If a model takes the Interact Action while within 2” of a friendly model with Exclusive Interview, does it still count as an enemy model for the purposes of that model’s Chasing a Story Ability, if any?
a) Yes. Exclusive Interview makes the alignment of the model both friendly and enemy for the duration of the Interact Action, thus effects that resolve exclusively for enemies and for friendlies would both resolve (though the Action is still only considered enemy-controlled). If the model drops a Marker, it is friendly to the player controlling it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Yeah, we don't exactly have models that are a good survivable second half.  
I rarely lose a model to conditions like that.  

I think Papa Loco is an interesting thought. You can throw him in there to either proc or feint point one with some payback, and if he winds up as your second martyr, the Grit ability and Juggernaut help him switch to staying alive.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

I think Papa Loco is an interesting thought. You can throw him in there to either proc or feint point one with some payback, and if he winds up as your second martyr, the Grit ability and Juggernaut help him switch to staying alive.

That may be a really good idea. Getting a sturdy 6 point model to fake hidden martyrs and hope that your opponent wait to kill both in a turn is good 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, le_wahou said:

Corrupted ley lines : I do not think that you can retrive opponent's tokens according to wordings. You can dig here, but the opponent only has 1, it would really be an auto win. Even if the wording allows it, I guess it would be forbidden in our meta. You can force interact on opponents close to your carrier to help move tokens beetwen your models, and you can prevent the interact of opponent. It still seems good for reporters.

"Friendly-controlled models within 1" of a friendly model with a Lodestone Token may take the Interact Action to move that Lodestone Token to another friendly model within 6" and LoS."

I agree with you on that. The way I read that is that the interact can be any friendly-controlled models, but the Lodestone token must be on a friendly model, regardless of the interacting model.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information