GG1, FAQ, Errata - Outcasts

ebolazaire

ERRATA

Pride

° Guitar Bash is now a :melee Action.

° Solo gained the following text: “During an opposed duel, if both models benefit from this effect, both effects are ignored.”

° This Song’s All About You damage reduced from 2 to 1 (per card not discarded).

Mad Dog Brackett

° Cost increased by 1.

Rusty Alyce

° Mv reduced from 6 to 4.

Johan Creedy

° Gained Rush Ability.

° Rebel Yell stat increased from 5 to 5:tome .

° Relic Hammer stat reduced from 6 to 5.

Ashes and Dust

° Incorporeal replaced with Savage Winds.

° Whirlwind of Scrap now only pushes up to 12" towards a Scrap.

° Deadly Claws stat reduced from 6:crow to 6.

Benny Wolcomb

° Df increased from 5 to 6.

° Sack O’ Rats no longer requires discarding a card.

° Diseased and Nihilism replaced with Loyal to the Very End and Covered in Rats.

° Loyal Rats with Tiny Hats range increased from :new-Pulse:3 to :new-Pulse:4.

° Infected Blade Stat reduced from 6 to 5.

° Derringer Stat increased from 5 to 6 and gained “Rat Bomb!” Trigger.

Aionus

° Sever Timeline stat reduced by 5:crow to 5.

° Sever Timeline gained a TN of 12

FAQ

1. Hannah Lovelace – Can the Adaptive Tactics Action be used to take a General Tactical Action?

a) No. General Actions (while available to be taken by every model) are not specific to a model and are not one of that model’s Actions.

2. Jack Daw – If Jack Daw suffers irreducible damage, can the Undying Ability still be used to change the damage suffered to 1?

a) Yes. Undying does not reduce damage suffered but instead changes the damage suffered to 1.

3. Leveticus – If Leveticus is taking the Sanguine Evocations Action while he has 2 or less Health, can he choose to discard 2 or more cards, even though the damage from the Action would kill him?

a) Yes. While models cannot choose to suffer damage that would kill them; in the Sanguine Evocations Action, Leveticus is not choosing to suffer any damage and is instead choosing how many cards to discard.

There's also Torment clarification:

Torment – If a model gains an Upgrade during the same Activation it was damaged by a model with Torment, will the model with Torment draw a card at the end of the Activation? a) Yes. At the end of a model with the Torment Ability’s Activation, it checks all models it damaged during that Activation. If any models damage currently have an Upgrade, the model with Torment will draw a card.

Rulebook errata

Pg 32. Replace The Rules and Steps for replacing models were adjusted to the following:

1. Place each new model into base contact with any of the original models. If any cannot be Placed or cannot be added due to model limits, the Replace effect is canceled.

2.Each new model’s Health is set to the total Health of all original model’s combined or to the new model’s maximum Health, whichever is lower. If the Replace effect Heals any new models, those new models Heal at this point.

3. If any original model(s) had any Conditions or Tokens, one new model gains those Conditions at the same value (if any) and all Tokens. These Conditions, if gained during the End Phase, do not resolve their effects. Any Summon Upgrades Attached to any original model is Attached to that new model (if able); all other Upgrades are discarded.

4.If the new and original models belong to the same Crew, one new model becomes the target of any effects that targeted or chose any original models, such as Schemes, Leader designation, or lasting game effects. That new model is always considered a legal target for those effects.

5. Remove all original models from the game. If the new and original models do not belong to the same Crew, all original models are considered to be killed, ignoring Demise Abilities. No game effects (such as placing Markers or scoring points) occur from the original model being removed.

6.If any new model is at 0 Health, it is killed.

7.If any original model(s) had Activated, all new models are treated as having Activated; otherwise, new models are considered not to have Activated. If this Replace occurred during an original model’s Activation, one new model may instead continue that Activation using any remaining Actions.

Pride: fine, he was obviously the best in his keyword, and that attack was insane. 

Mad Dog: fine, he wasn't a 9ss model. 

Rusty Alyce: fine, she was too good at 9ss.

Ashes & Dust: fine, he was too good at 9ss

Johanna: not sure if fine. I mean, yes, she's obviously better now, but the only thing she does is to remove conditions and to hit with her hammer, and at 7ss I don't think it was necessary to reduce her attack. Better now than before, and useful in some matches, but not sure she would have been OP with stat 6.

Benny: fine. I dislike the lose of Woozy Rat because I was planning to try him as a card engine (expensive card engine), but he's better at the things he was supposed to do, more survivalist and has a new trick with his gun, with the downside of being worse spreading disease. 

Aionus: not sure if fine. He's a 10ss model and now his utility has decreased greatly, and he still has no defensive tech. 

Hannah: not a change. People was trying to exploit a hole in the rules and playing her wrong. 

May or may not be significant errata:

• Replace Errata:  Straightened out what happens to all of those rats.
    • If Hamelin uses Unclean Influence and a Malifaux Rat performs Tangle Together, if any replaced model has Activated, the Rat King has Activated.
      • But a Malifaux Rat can use Tangle Together during its own Activation and continue as a Rat King even other rats have Activated.
    • There's no longer any question about what happens to tokens (like Blight Tokens) during a multiple model replace.

16 minutes ago, solkan said:

May or may not be significant errata:

• Replace Errata:  Straightened out what happens to all of those rats.
    • If Hamelin uses Unclean Influence and a Malifaux Rat performs Tangle Together, if any replaced model has Activated, the Rat King has Activated.
      • But a Malifaux Rat can use Tangle Together during its own Activation and continue as a Rat King even other rats have Activated.
    • There's no longer any question about what happens to tokens (like Blight Tokens) during a multiple model replace.

Good break down, I'll add the replace errata above.

The changes I dislike the most are those that haven't been made. 

Someone in the beta test must believe that Winged Plague, Desperate Mercenaries and Outcast Upgrades are fine. 

I think both models are in the race for being the worst 4ss model in the game. 

And I think there was not much discussion about Outcast Upgrades being the worst of all factions, with the only exception of SoDP, but the only faction to get a buff in one of their upgrades has been the Guild. 

Well, I suppose I don't need to buy Wingued Plague nor Desperate Mercenaries. 

• Agree 1

Torment – If a model gains an Upgrade during the same Activation it was damaged by a model with Torment, will the model with Torment draw a card at the end of the Activation? a) Yes. At the end of a model with the Torment Ability’s Activation, it checks all models it damaged during that Activation. If any models damage currently have an Upgrade, the model with Torment will draw a card.

• Thanks 1

.... but I already have Desperate Mercenaries.  i even tracked down the alt metal female sculpts too!  Now I have the ugliest AND worse 4ss model in the game!

At least Parker now has access to a cool in keyword trick with the newly revamped Bayou Smuggler.  Drag that Blow It To Hell marker to and fro!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ming said:

Adding to the main post. 

1 hour ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

what's your opinion on rewamped Benny guys? he definitely adds some scheming power to the crew now and new tigger on the buffed gun looks pretty good to me. i will definitely give him another try.

Honestly, I still don't think he has a real place in the Plague or Bandit crews. Yes, he is good at anti-scheming but so is the entirety of the bandit keyword and rat kings in the plague keyword. He became a better model overall though. 

2 minutes ago, Jordon said:

The Aionus change makes me sad. Especially since Talos received no buffs and remains the outcast within a Tara crew. 

It is painful but activation control is really good. Paying a little bit more for it isn't too crazy. Correctly balancing a 10 ss model that isn't a beater is challenging though. Talos really needed something to make him fit in with the Tara crew. 

2 hours ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

what's your opinion on rewamped Benny guys? he definitely adds some scheming power to the crew now and new tigger on the buffed gun looks pretty good to me. i will definitely give him another try.

I can see his place now that is way more resilient, it's a tank that can scheme and be annoying. Df 6, easy access to shielded and every time he suffers damage from an enemy a rat pops. 

1 hour ago, Alerteddonkey42 said:

Honestly, I still don't think he has a real place in the Plague or Bandit crews. Yes, he is good at anti-scheming but so is the entirety of the bandit keyword and rat kings in the plague keyword. He became a better model overall though. 

It is painful but activation control is really good. Paying a little bit more for it isn't too crazy. Correctly balancing a 10 ss model that isn't a beater is challenging though. Talos really needed something to make him fit in with the Tara crew. 

I agree that it was necessary to stop Aionus excessive activation control, but maybe the TN is too high, specially since the suit is no longer printed.

For Talos, I would give him unimpeded when he charges, increase the range of "Into the Furnace" to 2" and making it like Pine Box instead of Glimpse of the Void.

3 minutes ago, touchdown said:

It just occurred to me that a Vik + a Rat is 13 stones and thus would be eligible for Hidden Martyrs. That could be fun to either take and get a point if they kill your non-leader Vik or to just hire the rat as a bluff so they don't kill your Vik while she does her thing

Can't choose an insignificant model.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, touchdown said:

It just occurred to me that a Vik + a Rat is 13 stones and thus would be eligible for Hidden Martyrs. That could be fun to either take and get a point if they kill your non-leader Vik or to just hire the rat as a bluff so they don't kill your Vik while she does her thing

And when you ignore the rat for scheme purposes...

• Thanks 1

I think the main problem is the TN. Quit the suit or out a TN, but both means a serious downgrade in his production. 

Not played him nor versus him, so really not sure if he was too good or if he is now too bad. If I understand correctly he was hired basically to gain pass tokens and mess with enemy activations? There's much more he can do that worth 10ss? 

• Agree 1

I personally think that loosing the suit would've sufficed. For me it's also a hint towards the way Wyrd intended Tara to be played. Seems like they lean towards the "taking more risks to get fast on enemy models"-style than the "outactivating your opponent and then nuking his best model without fear of retaliation"-style.

Like people have said - it can still be done but it will eat more ressources. The raised TN also makes it a little too unreliable for my taste.

Although it isn't an Outcast model, the change to The First Mate does have an impact on Zipp. He was an auto-include with my Zipp crews previously, but now I don't see myself including him in any situation. He lost the build in ram to his attack, dramatically reducing his combat capabilities. He also lost Carry The Loot, which hinders his anti-scheming quite a bit. He's still a good schemer himself, but for 9 there are so many other options for Zipp. 

I may well replace him with Rusty Alyce since her appreciation for Iron Skeeters has only increased with her move reduction.  

• Agree 1