GG1 Strategy and Keyword Thought - Bayou

Rufess

Disclaimer: I don't have enough experience on all Bayou masters and new Strategies to make a prefect guide of "How to play GG1 with Bayou" (like you will find that there is no mention of Swampfiend, Tri-Chi and Wizz-Bang). So please feel free to add or correct me if you find something I have missed.

Symbols of Authority

Tier 1 Keyword: Infamous, Sooey and Pig

Tier 2 Keyword: Tricksy

Special Mention: Zoraida

This Strategy requires mobility that can move ~11" a turn and still can do Interact Action. Both Infamous and Pig and speedy enough to do so. Also Piano combine with terrain should be able to slow down opponent to remove your own markers.

Tricksy is kind of mobility crew too between Bushwhacker and Rooster Rider, but not as fast as the above two. Pit Trap is not as good as Piano to prevent marker removal, but at least you can remove opponent's schemers after they moved in and took out you marker.

Zoraida is mentioned because she can punish opponent who careless positioning his model. Zoraida can, even with the nerf, Obey enemy model to move and remove opponent's marker for her.

Recover Evidence

Tier 1 Keyword: Big Hat

Tier 2 Keyword: Kin

Special Mention: Zoraida

This Strategy is combination of killing and scheming. The best crew goes to Big Hat because they can do enough damage to drop the Strategy Marker, plus can easily remove the marker by Obeying friendly or enemy with Crier. Also if opponent brings elite list to limit you to place Inter Token on tough models, you can out activation him without problem.

Kin is good at both killing and not being killed which are perfect in this Strategy. They, however, tend to be elite and hence would struggle at removing marker to score. If you include cheap minions like the Raiders then they will immediately become the target of Inter Token.

Zoraida again because, like the above Strategy, she can Obey enemy to remove their marker for you.

Corrupted Ley Lines

Tier 1 Keyword: Sooey and Pig

Tier 2 Keyword: Infamous

Special Mention: Lucky Emissary, models with Toss

It is another Strategy requires mobility. Not like the Symbols of Authority, however, model in this Strategy does not need to move and Interact, but instead need to move and stay alive until the end of turn. With the push and heal, Sooey and Pig will be the best choice when playing into this Strategy.

Infamous would be another Tier 1 crew only if the Lodestone Token did not prevent model from placing. Zipp is still a valuable model in this Strategy with the Mv 8, 3 Actions and Pianos. Just be careful that his trigger is useless if he is carrying the token.

Lucky Emissary is our savior. This single model turns every keywords into a competitive crew in this Strategy with its 12" push and staying power. Toss is as well another long distance push to help. A little trick of Big Hat is that Lenny can push a minion into base contact with one of the Strategy Marker to score, and Som'er can blow up that minion next turn to get the Lodestone Token back.

Public Enemies

Tier 1 Keyword: Kin

Tier 2 Keyword: Big Hat, Sooey and Pig

Special Mention: Tricksy

Here comes the pure killy Strategy. And when talking about the killy crew within Bayou, the Kin comes to the top without a doubt. They are killy and tanky, and that all they need in this Strategy.

Big Hat and Pig are other keywords come to mind when talking about killing. The issue of those keywords not being Tier 1 are that Big Hat lacks of quality attack against high profile model, and Sooey is at the risk of using multiple War Pig, a 9ss minion without any real defense tech beside healing.

Tricksy is on the Special Mention because they, while having high killing potential, are too fragile. They need to race with the opponent in this Strategy to score before being tabled. There should be a good reason, like the Scheme pool, when bringing them in to this Strategy, otherwise the above crews are always better option.

9 hours ago, ShinChan said:

No fun for Wizz-Bang... 

I still have to go through all the details of the strategies and playtest a bit, but I hope my favourite "Michael Bay sponsored crew" can do well in some of them. 

I can see Wong, and his Launch into space-abillity being useful in the schemes for this GG. Breakthrough, Sabotage, Research Mission, Spread them out and Runic Binding all seem decent with that abillity.

I think that the keyword you take will be heavily influenced by the schemes in the pool this time around. There's a wider spread of each type of scheme so there probably won't be 3 kill schemes, or 3 marker drop schemes, etc. That being said Big Hat can easily handle most of these. Tricksy is going to be good at Symbols partially thanks to how easily they can defend the markers. Tri Chi can do Recover, Symbols and Leylines pretty easily with disruption. Infamous can do well in all of them but Leylines. 

• Like 1

Tri chi is phenomal for symbols of authority. 

Whiskey gamin are incredible scheme runners If you set up the posion engine correctly (i nromaly have 9 poison on both of them turn one) and almost everybmodel in the crew has a 2 inch engsgment range. Which allows them to deny interact actions very easily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2020 at 2:28 AM, CustardBomb said:

Tri chi is phenomal for symbols of authority. 

Whiskey gamin are incredible scheme runners If you set up the posion engine correctly (i nromaly have 9 poison on both of them turn one) and almost everybmodel in the crew has a 2 inch engsgment range. Which allows them to deny interact actions very easily. 

How do you put them at poison 9??

Cute trick of the week: Corrupted Leylines, put the lodestone on a Good Ol Boy or something that can get up the board relatively easy and not just die, then have Somer blow it up on turn 2 with Make Me Proud to pop the Lodestone to the next Marker. 

On 3/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, Mrbedlam said:

Cute trick of the week: Corrupted Leylines, put the lodestone on a Good Ol Boy or something that can get up the board relatively easy and not just die, then have Somer blow it up on turn 2 with Make Me Proud to pop the Lodestone to the next Marker. 

Seems a bit expensive to me, and slightly awkward a trick to pull off, if you ask me. But I can see it working at times.

I've found that Big Hat has decent potential in the strategy, due to the amount of volume of actions that the crew can pull off. And you can always toss the Lucky Emissary into the crew, and just roll your way to the markers.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GrumpyGrandpa said:

And you can always toss the Lucky Emissary into the crew, and just roll your way to the markers.

So far the Lucky Emissary is what I've found as the fastest non-placing model you can put on the teble; the only real limitation is going to be finding 12" lanes to push it through for Steamroller, but the 8" natural move is already impressive.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Rooster Riders and Warpigs are going to be close to with walk 7 and 6 and reckless.  Warpigs also have deadly pursuit for end of turn pushes. 

I've been meaning to try a War Pig with Inferiority Complex as an OOK beater now might be a good time.

11 points for a model that has 0 defense tech seems like a big gamble. 

On 3/4/2020 at 11:41 PM, Rufess said:

Public Enemies

Tier 1 Keyword: Kin

Tier 2 Keyword: Big Hat, Sooey and Pig

Special Mention: Tricksy

Here comes the pure killy Strategy. And when talking about the killy crew within Bayou, the Kin comes to the top without a doubt. They are killy and tanky, and that all they need in this Strategy.

Big Hat and Pig are other keywords come to mind when talking about killing. The issue of those keywords not being Tier 1 are that Big Hat lacks of quality attack against high profile model, and Sooey is at the risk of using multiple War Pig, a 9ss minion without any real defense tech beside healing.

Tricksy is on the Special Mention because they, while having high killing potential, are too fragile. They need to race with the opponent in this Strategy to score before being tabled. There should be a good reason, like the Scheme pool, when bringing them in to this Strategy, otherwise the above crews are always better option.

I'll have to disagree with this part. Tricksy looks like a really good pick. They have killing potential and sturdy models that will only give 1 point when dying, while being super annoying due to pit traps.

9 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

I'll have to disagree with this part. Tricksy looks like a really good pick. They have killing potential and sturdy models that will only give 1 point when dying, while being super annoying due to pit traps.

Well, actually.... oh, no, I just said "well, actually" unironically.  I'm the worst.

Well, actually, it would not be great, because models that die tp pit traps do not count as being killed by a model or condition under the rules of Public Enemies.  your opponent, seeing a model about to die, could walk through one of the numerous traps lying about and not count as points for you.

13 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Well, actually.... oh, no, I just said "well, actually" unironically.  I'm the worst.

Well, actually, it would not be great, because models that die tp pit traps do not count as being killed by a model or condition under the rules of Public Enemies.  your opponent, seeing a model about to die, could walk through one of the numerous traps lying about and not count as points for you.

I still think the traps are more an advantage than a liability in that scenario (most of the time they should help with the killing especialy if you use Mah and Bushwacker trigger correctly). Tricksy seem really good here. Unfortunately, riders are giving 2 points, but with IC they should kill there fair share of models before dying (still they're kind of glassy, and it would worry me to have a rider with multiple bounty hanging there until the end of the turn).

I'm still discovering this game, but I was really impressed by the Test subject. They are sturdy, giving only one point when dying and have a nice damage output for 4 stones models.

I'm yet to play this scenario, but here is the list I would try (with minor tweak demanding of the scheme pool /opponent). My first impulse is to try to avoid 7+ models (except for the rider), but maybe I'm wrong. 

Mah + LL - 2SS

2 x Rider + IC

3 x Test subject

2 x Bushwacker

1 x SS Miner

3 hours ago, Thatguy said:

I've been meaning to try a War Pig with Inferiority Complex as an OOK beater now might be a good time.

I run that pretty often in my elite Zipp Crew and it usually performs very well (granted I don't take it against crews that I think will target WP). While they don't have defensive tech 10wounds means the opponent needs to dedicate some firepower to kill them in 1 turn. If not using Bully I've had a warpig heal 4-8 wounds in one activation. With MV6 and reckless they can usually move enough to find some cover / prevent being shoot off the board. Bully also helps them ignore armor against anyone less than 9SS

• 3 months later...

I have a Booooze Cruise list that involves stacking a lot of poison on Two akaname and two whiskey gamin. It has a pigapult that launches the Akaname up to good scheming spots and the Brew master lures the two gamin who have enough poison on them to get to do an action from the trigger which can be a walk action sending them a huge way up the board (lure plus walk plus push from poison then walk and interact with a Symbols of Authority marker 20+" away. Now the layout of the board and your opponent's crew can play a part but if you can get the turn one poison onto your own models and there is a gap to go through it can really catch your opponent off guard. 

• Like 1