The new Reva.

So,... I have a corrupted ley lines game tomorrow against dreamer and called reva. 

Schemes are runic binding, leave your mark, let them bleed, breakthrough and research mission.

First: I think killer instinct at least once on reva and maybe on a second "beater" should be in the list but it's quite expensive for what it does... On the other hand I might need it against the terrifying stuff....

Second point: to shut down dreamer Vincent and Anna Lovelace would be great but again very expensive and I don't know if they are worth it...

Third point: I need someone to get some schemes done and has the apples to get to the ley line markers. I wanted to add wanyudo for this. I never played him before but he seems quite mobile. Are there other options you prefer more? Can I rely on shield bearers to get some schemes done?

And last point: with what models would you fill the ~32 as from above? One shieldbearer for movement, or two? And maybe the Gravespirit for at least one corpse?

What are your thoughts for this game? Please let me know your crew building advices...

Thx

35 minutes ago, unti said:

So,... I have a corrupted ley lines game tomorrow against dreamer and called reva. 

Schemes are runic binding, leave your mark, let them bleed, breakthrough and research mission.

First: I think killer instinct at least once on reva and maybe on a second "beater" should be in the list but it's quite expensive for what it does... On the other hand I might need it against the terrifying stuff....

Second point: to shut down dreamer Vincent and Anna Lovelace would be great but again very expensive and I don't know if they are worth it...

Third point: I need someone to get some schemes done and has the apples to get to the ley line markers. I wanted to add wanyudo for this. I never played him before but he seems quite mobile. Are there other options you prefer more? Can I rely on shield bearers to get some schemes done?

And last point: with what models would you fill the ~32 as from above? One shieldbearer for movement, or two? And maybe the Gravespirit for at least one corpse?

What are your thoughts for this game? Please let me know your crew building advices...

Thx

I'd probably go for Let Them Bleed and Research Mission. If he plays Dreamer like me, he will go for Leave Your Mark and something else.

Shieldbearers are probably useful for moving his models off markers, but he will often win initiative. I'd go for it anyway to apply pressure. 

Vincent is a must against summoners IMO. Wanyudo is great for holding the lodestone, and it is very hard to tie up. If they kill it, it just teleports the stone.

I'd take a Lampad or two to make it easier to score Let Them Bleed. Burning helps loads.

Try to get an early lead, as he gets quite strong as the game progresses.

EDIT: if you're wanting Ruthless, could consider taking Dead Rider. With him, Reva, and Wanyudo, you should have no positioning issues as well.

1 minute ago, unti said:

Thx for your input!

What do you think about Anna against dreamer? expensive but no summoning in a 6inch aura is very tempting...

I hear she is quite good in the crew anyway, so she is definitely worth a shot!

Careful, though, as you do need a lot of mobility for this strategy. Reva + wanyudo may be enough though.

I am a huge fan of Anna, she's always an MVP of my Reva crews. The core of my usual crew consists of Anna w/GST, Carrion Emissary, Shieldbearer and Restless Spirit, but in the given scenario Emissary needs to be replaced with Vincent, and thus Anna becomes less appealing (she likes that additional exploding zombie). So I would probably consider giving up on her and take Dead Rider for Ruthless and mobility. You can also go very elite, playing Anna, Rider, Vincent, Shieldbearer and Restless Spirit. With killer Instinct on Reva you are left with 6ss.

I like the list in the post above, but it misses Ruthless.

9 minutes ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

I like the list in the post above, but it misses Ruthless.

True, and ruthless would be good for scoring Let Them Bleed.

But overall, I'd not worry about *too* much ruthless. A lot of the game plan will be running circles around him and preventing lodestones from touching markers where possible.

That said, Dead Rider can reposition any enemy except the lodestone carrier which can help! Seems like a reasonable upgrade to Anna.

Thx for your input, maybe I should give up on Anna cause I was thinking the same as thelatinspeakinguy that she kind of needs the emissary.

Maybe something like this:

New Reva Cortinas Crew (Resurrectionist)
Size: 50 - Pool: 3
Leader:
  Reva Cortinas
    Killer Instinct
Totem(s):
  Corpse Candle
  Corpse Candle 2
Hires:
  Vincent St. Clair
  Dead Rider
  Wanyudo
  Lampad
  Shieldbearer
  Restless Spirit

4 fast models eventhough they are all very expensive for scheme runners...  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, unti said:

Thx for your input, maybe I should give up on Anna cause I was thinking the same as thelatinspeakinguy that she kind of needs the emissary.

Some of it depends on how you play, I've seen the corpse candles provide enough options for Anna to blow up in some games. (Although more is better).

I can't stop thinking about the list so here's another option that looks fun to me:

New Reva Cortinas Crew (Resurrectionist)
Leader:
  Reva Cortinas
    Killer Instinct
Totem(s):
  Corpse Candle
  Corpse Candle 2
Hires:
  Vincent St. Clair
  Anna Lovelace
    Killer Instinct
  Wanyudo
  Shieldbearer
  Carrion Effigy
    Effigy of Fate
  Restless Spirit

Not so fast but shooty, could work fine against never born...

the effigy starts with the lodstone and stays behind for the first marker, then swaps it on the other side to wanyudo who takes the second marker on turn two, then the emissary gets there for turn 3 and puts out a mindless for Anna's explosion fun and a shard marker for researchmission.

Rules question: is the emissary after the replacement effect one of two highest cost models for let them bleed? Probably yes...

Here's what I would take:

Reva w/ Killer Instinct (2)

2x Corpse Candle

Vincent (9)

Anna Lovelace (11)

2x Lampad (16)

Restless Spirit (4)

8ss cache

I would take Research Mission and Leave Your Mark. I'd push to the centre with Anna with Reva and Vincent following staying in her Gravity Well Aura. Stand Anna on the centre point and get down a couple scheme markers for LYM. Remember Chompy can remove one (or put one under Anna). Keep a high card to stop Serena's trigger from moving Anna. Reva and Vincent are on killing duty. Keep the Restless spirit alive till the last activation of turn 2 and then have him drop a scheme and a corpse next to a Pyre for your first point of of Reseach. Meanwhile Lampads will be handling the Lodestone.

I took a large cache to keep Reva alive and for her 'Pulled Here and there' Trigger which is good for pushing enemies away from Strat markers. Also for Vincent's crossbow triggers

That would be my initial plan going in. Good luck with the game and let us know how it goes

• Like 1

I would definitely bring the Rider. My core would be:

• Reva
    • Corpse Candle x2
  • Vincent
  • Anna Lovelace
  • Rider
  • Restless Spirit

You have 15ss to play depending on what you want to do with the Schemes. I would consider a Mourner for Research mission, being close to the Restless Spirit, those terrorize from the Spirit with a :-flip to your opponent could be really good to prevent him to score some points.

Use the Rider to deliver Anna, and play him aggressively. Use Vincent to give him shielded and then attack with Reva through him, after you've used the Revel in Death to put injured around.

I would consider Sloth too, the healing of the Nightmares for failing a Wp duel is mandatory, so you'll be able to put a bunch of Sin Tokens.

I played my game against dreamer on Friday and wanted to share some random thoughts about the game.

Lists:

Reva (research mission, let them bleed)
Leader:
  Reva Cortinas
    Killer Instinct
Totem(s):
  Corpse Candle
  Corpse Candle 2
Hires:
  Vincent St. Clair
  Anna Lovelace
  Lampad
  Wanyudo
  Shieldbearer
  Restless Spirit

Dreamer  (let them bleed, research mission)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  The Dreamer
Totem(s):
  Lord Chompy Bits
Hires:
  Daydream
  Daydream 2
  Daydream 3
  Hinamatsu
  Waldgeist
  Teddy
  Coppelius

Game ended Res 5 Vs 7 Nev

It was my first vassal game ever and I have to say that it's not the way I like to play my tabletop games... But well, it works and we are locked down at home so, we'll keep trying...

I was defender and terrain was bad for me, I started behind a house with only one door and same crates next to it, so my paths were crowded. And I think I played to defensively and should have risked some damage and just walked past the barrier. I think that was my big mistake and why he could score 2 more strat points than me

During the game the lampad got the Lodestone marker and was in danger of getting killed. I thought no problem I have my demise ability but sadly he can't place with the damn marker and so he doesn't heal... That's why he's not the best at carrying the marker (wanyudo got killed start of second turn).

In general I really like the new reva and I like her crew building. There are a lot of possible crews and they are all kind of equal, so crews don't build themselves and you can think about what and how to play your game. I also like that it's a tricky gameplay on the table, you have to be aware where your stuff is, where you put down your corpses and your pyres, and manage the burning on your other models. That's great.

But sadly the lampad just didn't do much and is probably just a tad to weak for 8 stones.. he doesn't hit hard (Maybe because burning is not a great damage condition on the enemy... ), Yes he's fast but well for 8 points... Wanyudo is very easy to kill and the shield bearers did not much all game other than push my guys a bit. I don't know it just feels like you do lots of stuff for small effect...

Just my thoughts on my second game with reva

• Like 2