GG Season 1 Errata Talk - Bayou

Jesy Blue

They did the impossible.  They made Bayou Smugglers useful.... they rewrote the whole card like I said they would have to, but they actually did it!

Now I have to actually find the models in the store.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

They did the impossible.  They made Bayou Smugglers useful.... they rewrote the whole card like I said they would have to, but they actually did it!

Now I have to actually find the models in the store.

I'm still not sure if they're "good", but they're definitely improved. They seem a bit squishy still, even with the Shielding. The multiple card draw options are great, but I'm thinking the Dragging of Markers might be their thing. It's no Don't Mind Me, but the ability to manipulate Scheme Markers.....

Oh damn.

Having them haul Piano Markers around, giving themselves cover (or even blocking LOS completely) improves their survivability quite a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

I'm still not sure if they're "good", but they're definitely improved. They seem a bit squishy still, even with the Shielding. The multiple card draw options are great, but I'm thinking the Dragging of Markers might be their thing. It's no Don't Mind Me, but the ability to manipulate Scheme Markers.....

Oh damn.

Having them haul Piano Markers around, giving themselves cover (or even blocking LOS completely) improves their survivability quite a bit.

And that shielded is not limited to one. If you're close to a couple of corpse markers, they use that loot to protect themselves 😛

I don't think they're a must, but they became a decent pick in some situations. 

Mah's change was expected. I guess we need to plan a different T1.

BBB's change surprised me... Because I had not realised that we could Calculate the possibilities more than once per turn. :_D (I know, I know... I'm new to the Bayou.)

I'm curious about how do Zoraida's nerfs affect us. Did you use her in Bayou as a second master?

1 hour ago, Mithrandir said:

I'm curious about how do Zoraida's nerfs affect us. Did you use her in Bayou as a second master?

I use her as a second master in Ulix crews. I don't think she needed changes other than Eyes in the night, but she is still good.

New smugglers are so good now. I'll take Johan into Zipp now. Mah is where she needed to be. SS Miners aren't a crutch anymore.  Z  is doing ok.  Brin changes literally don't effect anyone. 12 cups change I actually like more since it isn't stupid busted.  All in all we did good. 

27 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

The Johan(a) fix almost makes you only need them & Roja as an anti-condition/beater combo for the table in Infamous.

My list for Zipp is probably going to remove Gracie for Johan and probably add in a a smuggler in a lot of cases. 

• Like 1

From the list of changes

• Mah Tucket: I like the change, since otherwise Rooster Riders would have taken the hit. Now you actually have to think what to do in turn 1.
  • Miners: I see why it was necessary, but it was too much. They could have kept Armor +2 or the Mv. Otherwise, gaining 1 Wd could work.
  • BBB: Really necessary to prevent the abuse of Calculating the possibilities and it won't have much impact within the Tricksy keyword.
  • Som'er: It needed to be done
  • First Mate: He should have kept the "Carry the Loot", but with the same limitation as the Smuggler. Loosing the :ram is fair.
  • Zoraida: I don't have an informed opinion on her.
  • Bayou Smugglers: Now they're decently good with Zipp, and possible pick for Parker or even as versatile in Bayou.

7 minutes ago, ShinChan said:

Som'er: It needed to be done

There was absolutely no reasons for it to be done. Immortal bomb combo with Test Subjects was fun, but it wasn't an issue at all to be solved this way. Anna Lovelace can make all 25 undead resser minions explobe an Som'er is limited to 6 Big Hats. Why can't we have nice things?

• Agree 2

Just now, Scoffer said:

There was absolutely no reasons for it to be done. Immortal bomb combo with Test Subjects was fun, but it wasn't an issue at all to be solved this way. Anna Lovelace can make all 25 undead resser minions explobe an Som'er is limited to 6 Big Hats. Why can't we have nice things?

Anna can do it 5 times each game, doesn't do damage directly and the models that she use actually die. Som'er could abuse of Test Subjects (actually the same test subject 3 times in a single turn to make 6 unavoidable damage.

1 hour ago, ShinChan said:

Anna can do it 5 times each game, doesn't do damage directly and the models that she use actually die. Som'er could abuse of Test Subjects (actually the same test subject 3 times in a single turn to make 6 unavoidable damage.

From a Master though? Not sure if it was that much. Plus, I'd struggle to see a situation where I'd skip summoning and do it 3 times. It could happen, but very rare.

37 minutes ago, GrumpyGrandpa said:

From a Master though? Not sure if it was that much. Plus, I'd struggle to see a situation where I'd skip summoning and do it 3 times. It could happen, but very rare.

Played this list a lot more than I should have. I usually did it once a turn, but it was still really good, especially when they had bombs in their bellies

On 3/5/2020 at 9:08 AM, ShinChan said:

From the list of changes

• Zoraida: I don't have an informed opinion on her.

To me the biggest thing seems to be the movement nerf, since she doesn't have the movement shenanigans of 1st and second ed.
To me, the voodoo doll change seems like an side-grade. Previously if you were out of range, you couldn't drop it anywhere useful at the start of Z's activation. Now that it's at the end or the turn, you can drop it somewhere useful for next turn and still get mileage out of linked fate this turn. The down side is you can't drop it of the beginning of her turn anymore, to extend her range via Eye's in the night.