Gainig Grounds Season 1: Ojabun's war room

Necrokamo

I also got a Yasunori recently... damn XD; at least the model is very cool.

The change I don't get is the Sensei Yu one... the overperforming monk was Shenlong, the rest of them wasn't doing that well; chaging it to give chi to non-masters or minions would had been enough...

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Ogid said:

The change I don't get is the Sensei Yu one... the overperforming monk was Shenlong, the rest of them wasn't doing that well; chaging it to give chi to non-masters or minions would had been enough...

Agree on this 100%! Monk are for the most part a very bad keyword! the only thing that brought them up was their master! and now that sensei yu is way less useful you will see even less monk models when someone declare Shenlong! almost all OOK models like the list that won a big tournament a few months ago!

• Agree 3

Although I expected Brutal Sensei to be changed, I also expected Sensei Yu to get something meaningful. For 9 points I hardly see any reason to play it anymore.
It is a bit exaggerated to say that the monk keyword is dead. But most little monks are just semi-cool and need help. It boils down to other models being played. Feels like the opposite problem of honeypot: Shen Long is a good Master with moderate / bad keyword models 🙁

• Agree 2

I don't consider Chiaki's nerf that bad. If you want the upgrade on ANY model you just need it within 8"(no LOS req.) of the Retainer with the upgrade. Flip a 5 with Dispel Magic and you're sweet.

So it costs 1 card and an extra AP if you want to put some hot sauce on anything other than a Retainer. 

I'm a little Sad for Minako in a Mei Feng crew but I think i'll probably still take her. Also considering taking her as a Ball carrier in a lot of crews since she has move 6 and Laugh off. Add trained ninja if there is hazardous or lots of guns and she'll take it where it needs to be with the occasional push or lure to get to to go the distance.

So I'm sick today and have a fever, but I had a thought about chain throwing the Lodestone token with Ama & Tengu's Dark Bargain Tactical action.

Tengu interacts to put the Lodestone from someone to the Tengu.  Tengu interacts to put the Lodestone from itself to a another model within 6".  Tengu bonus actions Dark Bargain to make the model with the Lodestone interact and send the Lodestone to another model with 6".

That's about 15" of movement (accounting for 30mm bases on all models) in a single activation of a 4 stone summonable minion.

And if the model with the Lodestone is engadged, have a Yokai Corrupted Essence the Lodestone out if the engagement.

From the looks of things, looks like the Oni keyword has this one down good.

2 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

So I'm sick today and have a fever, but I had a thought about chain throwing the Lodestone token with Ama & Tengu's Dark Bargain Tactical action.

Tengu interacts to put the Lodestone from someone to the Tengu.  Tengu interacts to put the Lodestone from itself to a another model within 6".  Tengu bonus actions Dark Bargain to make the model with the Lodestone interact and send the Lodestone to another model with 6".

That's about 15" of movement (accounting for 30mm bases on all models) in a single activation of a 4 stone summonable minion.

And if the model with the Lodestone is engadged, have a Yokai Corrupted Essence the Lodestone out if the engagement.

From the looks of things, looks like the Oni keyword has this one down good.

Can't you do a similar thing with 1 fewer model? 

Tengu interacts next to ball carrier and throws it to himself, walks on the ground using his walk 6 without placing then interacts with his bonus action and a card flip to throw it a further 6". Potentially to a model that hasn't activated.

Or, if the tengu was your first ball carrier;

It spends turn 1 walking to first lodestone and focusing. 

Turn 2 it can walk, throw, tell the new ball carrier to throw. In this case unless you're going horizontally or to the middle the final target will probably already have moved for the turn to get that far up. That's 18" and 3 bases away from 1st lodestone (assuming optimal positioning and unengaged 1st Target). Just gotta hope nobody shoots or engages birdboy.

Interestingly, you could use a summoned model for the last point as it only has to be in btb not interact. It's not insignificant... Hmmm. 

Also hopefully getting my first game in with Asami for GG1 this week.

• Agree 1