Reaction Thread: GG1 - Guild

4thstringer

4 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

Thats the one that plays my daschel.  He was the official daschel for 2nd ed until the plastic came out at least.

Well there was always the debate over the drill sergent and the captain as to which became the guild sergent and which became Dashel, but I used the drill sergent as Dashel until I got the Plastics, so he has now become the totem.

3 minutes ago, Adran said:

Well there was always the debate over the drill sergent and the captain as to which became the guild sergent and which became Dashel, but I used the drill sergent as Dashel until I got the Plastics, so he has now become the totem.

I'm also going to be taking Sergeants way more now that summoning in Mounted Guard and Executioners is easier. 

1 minute ago, Irritated Walrus said:

Alright guys, tell me your thoughts on No Prisoners and why you would take it. I can see its use now, but want to hear what everyone thinks. 

I'm very skeptical, but my main thought right now is with a mounted guard in an LJ crew.  Getting judge, Greed, Jury, or a second beater up there with her could take some pressure off of her.  Greed to prevent SS use or Jury and her anti focus and anti suits auras going.  Getting marshalls up there to get the pulse focus from LJ killing helps too.

You could also use it to move LJ up, then have her leap out to go after support turn one.  

Against hazardous users or blasters is could be useful too. 

Another use is on a witchling handler to get stalkers and thralls right in there. Because you are placing into base to base placing them to most effectively use their demise should be possible.

Against Nekima it is a take 2 of for your front line IMO (I need to look and make sure it does pulses though).

You could use it with traps.  get a model shooting with that upgrade, then stick a track next to them to keep them back there.  Extra points if you can toss them into hazardous.

I haven't tried it yet, but I can see a lot of theoretical use. 

Against any crew that use things like vent steam, pit trap, black blood or blast I think it's worth it just for riot gear. 

Catch them could work well with coordinated attack or a model with ride with me. I could also see it working in a perdita crew. Shoot something with perdita, throw Fransisco at it and then shoot something else. 

Generally I could see it being useful in bubble crews to quickly reposition models or get around severe terrain or other models. 

Edit: stupid minion only restriction😞

3 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

I haven't tried it yet, but I can see a lot of theoretical use. 

Against any crew that use things like vent steam, pit trap, black blood or blast I think it's worth it just for riot gear. 

Catch them could work well with coordinated attack or a model with ride with me. I could also see it working in a perdita crew. Shoot something with perdita, throw Fransisco at it and then shoot something else. 

Generally I could see it being useful in bubble crews to quickly reposition models or get around severe terrain or other models. 

the place is minion only unfortunately.

21 minutes ago, Dark Reaper said:

Due to Ride With Me, Mounted Guards have longer threat ranges and aren't as dependent on prior positioning of the model that you wan't to tp.

Handler can push minions toward him, has a better attack, and can use soulstone. Both seems good choices for first trys with this upgrade

The biggest usage of this upgrade I can see is on models with Armor and against certain masters.

It blocks pinging for 1 from Hazardous/shockaves/pulses. 

Peacekeeper can be a good with it. It can be better against things like Wong or Titania (and probably a few other)

Played a Daschel game vs. Zipp last night that only got to turn 4 at our store. We were taking forever because we only took new schemes and strats

Daschel-2 points on Corrupted Ley Lines, 1 point on Hidden Martyers (Guard Patrol, Lawyer) for 3 total points. I did not get points on Sabotage. It was a poor choice due to the Lode Stone scrum in the center. 

Zipp-2 points on Corrupted Ley Lines, 1 point on Leave Your Mark, and 2 points on Research Mission. 

Piano markers really helped Zipp with Research Mission. I summoned in two Executioners (it’s so easy to do now guys) that picked up a lot of markers with Trail of Gore. The Sergeant moved some with New Horizon as well. I flipped Execute triggers like it was my job and thinned him out nicely. Last two turns would have been interesting if we played them out, but Sabotage was a horrible scheme choice on my part. I really like the Sergeant as a take now due it’s anti scheme ability and since Daschel is able to summon in things easier. 

It’s really important to transfer your Lode Stone after the first two points are scored. It needs to be moving to get the third and fourth point. 

Learned a lot for my first game with the new schemes and strats.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Irritated Walrus said:

Piano markers really helped Zipp with Research Mission. 

Yeah, I think those are going to be more valuable than ever for that scheme as well as for blocking symbols of authority and corrupted ley lines. Others like coffin markers will be great too and things like shadow markers less so only because they're only useful for research mission. 

3 hours ago, Trample said:

Yeah, I think those are going to be more valuable than ever for that scheme as well as for blocking symbols of authority and corrupted ley lines. Others like coffin markers will be great too and things like shadow markers less so only because they're only useful for research mission. 

For sure. Just bring stuff that can blow them up! Riot breakers, Papa.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the new "No Prisoners" has some cool interactions but it also seems that Wyrd have replaced an ability that was a bit niche and situational with an ability that is... even more niche and situational. Honestly, I prefer the old version.

I always thought the biggest problem with upgrades in Guild is the lack of minions where it is worthwhile taking them. A lot of our minions go down to a sneeze and the enforcers didn't have much use for clockwork grenade. The only ones I would take "No Prisoners" on were the Hunter, Death Marshal Recruiter and Mounted Guard. Even this really depended on the Crew choice, Scheme pool and opponent whether I would take the models, never mind the upgrade. My favourite use was to give a little more manoeuverability to a pair of Hunters in a Hoffman crew then throw them up the board with a Guardian. Lots of fun. This is still possible but the change to the upgrade has really nerfed this option (the clockwork grenade + free move and ranged attack did a lot to hunt down scheme runners and trigger Assassin).

I've tried out "Catch me" but it feels like it ends up being something you have to build your list and game plan around. The biggest issue is still the lack of good minions to use this on but the requirement of being within 2" of the upgraded model can make it difficult to use more than once a game, you use a lot of activations trying to get in the positions to use it and in a lot of situations I could have just charged with the affected model anyway.

The most success I've had so far was on Reichart where he could kill the model he engaged then charge to attack another before getting dragged back towards the upgraded Austringer by Bernadette. It helps a LOT that Frontier has a lot of small movements and forward deployment from Home on the Range to get in position.

But if you're not careful what happens is you give an enemy model a "friendly fire" shield (you used Catch me on your first shot... and now your on a negative flip. Or you waited until your second then missed and wasted the opportunity. I've been using focus a lot on the model with this upgrade, but then it is possible to kill the target so how can you place into base contact when it is already dead?) or move a model into a vulnerable position before passing activation.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1