Reaction Thread: GG1 - Guild

4thstringer

6 minutes ago, Bort said:

First thing I did was to look through the minions to see where I can use it to greatest effect.  Only have/play Hoffman, so anything to help the slow bots along is useful.  I came to the conclusion that Riotbreaker's guns line up perfectly having an 8" range.  The question then became, is a Riotbreaker + Upgrade at 9 points really worth it to "teleport" shoot my models forward?  Especially since I can basically do the same thing, but easier using a 9 point Guardian with Toss instead.

Other option I considered was with Riflemen, but same issue. At 9 points  (6 + tax + upgrade) is it really worth it at all?

Then I noticed Warden restraint claw is also 8".  So that also works.  Makes the target slow and then throw him with a beater.  Might just work.

Also Peacekeepers and Joss might really like Riot Gear as they practically become immune to shockwave, hazardous, pulse and blast damage :D

12 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

False Claim is really good, but again is mostly a Lucius/Nellie thing.  You can take models out of Keyword, obviously, but then you run the risk of diluting synergies you need so isn't always the best choice.

I'd say it's more than good. Even OOK it's only 6SS for a False Witness. You get to Drop 2 schemes so no worry about interacting or putting them too close. Then you do have to remove one, but it doesn't have to be one of those - it can be any friendly scheme anywhere on the table. Makes it very hard for an opponent to counter. I agree there isn't much else that they're best in Elite/Journalist, but hardly a bad pick OOK if its a scheme heavy pool. 

Those guys are always a prime target when I face them as I don't want to deal with scheme marker issues. 

The whole update looks like a giant punch in the face to me. It seems like Wyrd really does not want guild players to participate in any events.

Guild - the weakest faction - got nerfs on its few nice models. Pale Rider nerf was expected - but not without significant buffs to other models. And not in this way - they completly removed his area slow effect. On the other hand Agent47 Nerf was completly unexpected for me - it was just so fitting to have a super-sniper in guild.

On the other hand Sheng Long stayed unchanged. Sure. Nerf Pale rider, keep the dominating master intact...

• Respectfully Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Meliondor said:

The whole update looks like a giant punch in the face to me. It seems like Wyrd really does not want guild players to participate in any events.

Guild - the weakest faction - got nerfs on its few nice models. Pale Rider nerf was expected - but not without significant buffs to other models. And not in this way - they completly removed his area slow effect. On the other hand Agent47 Nerf was completly unexpected for me - it was just so fitting to have a super-sniper in guild.

On the other hand Sheng Long stayed unchanged. Sure. Nerf Pale rider, keep the dominating master intact...

Well, pale rider can now do its AoE irreducible damage a turn earlier.

And for Shenlong, they nerfed his mobility enormously (they nerfed the upgrade, not him).

• Agree 1

well...Pale Rider can use his ability for 2 damage now on turn 2 possibly (cheating a card). 2 damage fix is fine for me - but the slow part is really missing. I think that hitting more than 1 model with slow was just awesome and was much better than just a few damage points.

Now he just became a better sniper. I think Lone Marshall will now see more play if I just want "ride with me". No more Pale Rider auto-take (which might actually be a good thing)

27 minutes ago, Meliondor said:

Hey now, the Frontiersman can now do a small heal instead of get Shielded...

But yeah, I know how you feel.

The buff this time came to Dashel, and in the form of the change to the No Prisoner upgrade. Agent change is mainly opening up the design space imo. Maybe we can finally see a min3 gun in guild now, or just something that would have been way too good to copy with mimic and inhuman physiology.

• Agree 1

Just spot how new dispatcher combo with "executioners trail of gore". If i am right you can use it on dispatcher to get free movement (possible free atack with good positioning) and draw extra card. Just one thing im not sure about: usually models counted as scheme markers takes 1 dmg when removed but in case of dispatcher you "may instead draw a card" so he takes no dmg?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Already tried some games with Dashel. His new totem rocks. 2 executioners are now totally valid in core and still very good summons. They can actually catch up to stuff now. 

No more clanky preparation, you can just go for it and draw a card as a compensation. He is now tied with Lucius as a really good main option for most strat/scheme pools for me.

• Like 1

No prisoners on the other hand did nothing for me (5 games played). Opponent just acts smart about it, so its value is pure psychological factor. Nothing on the card did anything. Probably was just unlucky. Mainly fielded on seargents and domadors.

19 minutes ago, Legislat said:

No prisoners on the other hand did nothing for me (5 games played). Opponent just acts smart about it, so its value is pure psychological factor. Nothing on the card did anything. Probably was just unlucky. Mainly fielded on seargents and domadors.

I was thinking of the Mounted Guard as the go-to model for this and to combine it with ride with me. Maybe also something like a Hunter in Hoffman to TP in a Peacekeeper, but I am less sure about that. Will have to see.

50 minutes ago, Legislat said:

Already tried some games with Dashel. His new totem rocks. 2 executioners are now totally valid in core and still very good summons. They can actually catch up to stuff now. 

No more clanky preparation, you can just go for it and draw a card as a compensation. He is now tied with Lucius as a really good main option for most strat/scheme pools for me.

What do you use as dispatcher here? Still no model out for it

1 hour ago, Tors said:

Custom Build ;)

It's based on the alternate guild seargent and some Warhammer imperial com backpack

Funny, mine is an old first edition Drill Sargent. I wanted to use him due to the bat and him having an attack called "The Ringer" which plays on my love for Baseball. The parts are 40k terminator parts, and a pinning wire for the cord. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irritated Walrus said:

Funny, mine is an old first edition Drill Sargent. I wanted to use him due to the bat and him having an attack called "The Ringer" which plays on my love for Baseball. The parts are 40k terminator parts, and a pinning wire for the cord. 

Thats the one that plays my daschel.  He was the official daschel for 2nd ed until the plastic came out at least.