Jump to content

Butterfly jump with flight


out4egos
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, diki said:

From a conceptual/logical/fluff point of view I think its very sad how restrictive flight is!
 

That is a fair point, but from a game balance point of view, how boring would the game be if there were models that never had to land, and so could do all the things they needed to do without being at risk from the other side.

From a fluff point of view to match the rules point of view Flight is for very short bursts when you plan to do it, rather than unexpected sudden movements. I assume take off is something that takes effort.(And most of the birds I see on the roads start their run away from me as I approach as a run, rather than flight, so its not completly without basis in a logical/conceptual fluff point of view  )

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Walk is an action. Charge is an action.

Both those actions move the model.

There are many other ways to move the model, but they are not walk actions or charge actions.

Flight only works if you are taking a walk action or  a charge action. It does not work for all forms of movement

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

"Hey y'know that upgrade that lets Mature nephilim stay alive?  Yea lets make that so it only works on enemy's cheating."

"But you can't cheat vs Matures..."

*Taps head* "I know..."

- Wyrd 2020

It's a small advantage, but it does work the other way. If an enemy model is within 1" of the Mature, and the Mature takes a swing, and the opponent cheats, the Mature can move back out to "Haha, can't hit me" range against anyone without a 2" reach. 

Also works on any non-:melee attack. While they're not as common, there's still enough of them that it can't be written off.

  • Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

It's a small advantage, but it does work the other way. If an enemy model is within 1" of the Mature, and the Mature takes a swing, and the opponent cheats, the Mature can move back out to "Haha, can't hit me" range against anyone without a 2" reach. 

Also works on any non-:melee attack. While they're not as common, there's still enough of them that it can't be written off.

Any non- melee attack within 6".  Spoiler, that's basically nothing, and we could already do that from before.  

This nerf is a complete overreaction from Nekima success at recent events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't really be beating a drum when it hasn't been out for 24 hours in human reflexes butterfly jump is one of the most important if not the most important way of keeping neverborn Miniatures alive sure we're all going to play games and come up with new strategies but in a faction this already brittle taking out one of the best defensive text we have it's just very disappointing and as far as people have been complaining about it for a while people have been complaining about some aspect of the game at some point for a very long time this is just one example I personally as a never born player think this is a little much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, out4egos said:

Can't really be beating a drum when it hasn't been out for 24 hours

They've said it multiple times now. 

 

10 minutes ago, out4egos said:

I've already thought of the positive though inhuman reflexes on a young Nephilim or mature you charge they cheat you charge again if they cheat that would increase nekimas Alpha strike ability quite a bit

Neither of those models have Frenzied Charge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a big change the butterfly jump trade for scamper. It's going to be talked about.  Beating a drum ir beating a dead horse depending in where your from.  If everyone is talking about it in a negative way maybe it was a bad change.  Maybe it was a reaction to Vegas... maybe they didn't test it enough before they changed it.  Maybe I'd enough people beat the drum they will change it back. As with all changed they came from people commenting... the purpose of a  discussion is for input. Saying stop beating the drum is like answering a rules question with... obviously the rule is... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, out4egos said:

It's a big change the butterfly jump trade for scamper. It's going to be talked about.  Beating a drum ir beating a dead horse depending in where your from.  If everyone is talking about it in a negative way maybe it was a bad change.  Maybe it was a reaction to Vegas... maybe they didn't test it enough before they changed it.  Maybe I'd enough people beat the drum they will change it back. As with all changed they came from people commenting... the purpose of a  discussion is for input. Saying stop beating the drum is like answering a rules question with... obviously the rule is... 

You are talking past each other XD; the drum Santaclaws is talking about is blaming Kharnage's victory in  LVO as the reason of having that upgrade nerfed, not the fact that upgrade have been nerfed.

I also think it's too harsh and it'll impact several crews that didn't need nerfs (and I personally liked the old upgrade a lot). But try to see the long game, this game will get upgrades each 6-12 months, if this nerf really hurt the faction, we'll get other buffs or the old IR back soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think people are entitled to be disappointed a lot of us have a lot of time and money invested in this game and when a change like this happens and its on several different forums the comments of stop complaining and just deal with it those are pretty frustrating because if we don't complain they won't change it back and I personally do think this is because of Vegas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information