Good ol' Jack into turf War

Hello Wyrd people !

A local tournament is on the way and I wanted to bring Jack Daw into this kind of scenario

Deployment : Flank
Strategy: Turf War
Schemes: - Breakthrough - Harness the Ley Line - Detonate Charges - Dig their Graves - Take Prisoner

And this is the list

Size: 50 - Pool: 7

Jack Daw +Grave Spirit's Touch
Lady Ligeia
Montresor
Jaakuna Ubume
Guilty x2
Hanged +Grave Spirit's Touch
Carrion Effigy

Presumably, I could choose Harness the Ley line /Take Prisoner/Dig Their Graves as Schemes (depending on my opponent's crew, obviously). With grave's Spirit Touch, Hanged and Jack are virtually immortal, and so is Montresor.  
But I was considering swapping Jaakuna for another Hanged (which is better for Harness the Lay Line AND for Taking Prisoner, but without the GSS upgrade, the Hanged would be very fragile).
Last, I don't know if it's a good idea to bring the Carrion Effigy into Turf War, considering how fragile he is, but his healing could definitely help the team. 
And yes, I really REALLY need 7 SS to get Jack working as it should.
All advices are appreciated :)

I don't know the crew very well, but...

If you want easy Dig Their Graves points, could snag a gravedigger. Also useful as it pulses out focus turn one.

Guilty are basically designed to die/come back, right? That could be a bit awkward for Turf War I imagine, so might pay to take some of the hardier models. That said, could be okay if they're dying in the right spots.

I also would be worried about managing to take Harness the Leyline with that crew, as it doesn't seem very efficient for laying out a bunch of scheme markers (for most of those models, it'd be a full activation just to move and place a scheme marker, I think?)

Take prisoner is a lot easier with Yin, the Penengalan, but you also have a lot of movement tricks so that'd probably be overkill.

Breakthrough is much easier to score on flank, and of course you have to watch out for your opponent doing it too.

Chances are you'll have superior killing power, so you could focus on denial through killing (which also helps prevent turf war markers from flipping).

Just some thoughts!

4 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I also would be worried about managing to take Harness the Leyline with that crew, as it doesn't seem very efficient for laying out a bunch of scheme markers (for most of those models, it'd be a full activation just to move and place a scheme marker, I think?)

Hello and thanks for your tips :)

The Hanged has a good trigger to drop friendly Scheme Markers (main reason why I bring tons of SS). Of course, that is NOT their main role in the crew, but this Scheme is something I might consider.

4 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Take prisoner is a lot easier with Yin, the Penengalan, but you also have a lot of movement tricks so that'd probably be overkill.

True, but I think Jaakuna is better for this job (cost related), since she has a powerful Lure. Then, the Hanged has another nice trigger to place himself in contact with an enemy (Jack has the same trigger), so Take Prisoner should be easy to accomplish.

6 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Breakthrough is much easier to score on flank, and of course you have to watch out for your opponent doing it too.

I don't know about this...Usually I never pick this kind of Schemes with Jack since this crew really wants to stay close to each other and they are not fast at all. Sending people to the flanks or elsewhere might be dangerous.

7 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Guilty are basically designed to die/come back, right? That could be a bit awkward for Turf War I imagine, so might pay to take some of the hardier models. That said, could be okay if they're dying in the right spots.

Yeh, they are not the best for Turf War, but they are the only squishy model in the crew. The rest IMHO is incredibly hard to take down (considering Incorporeal, Terrifying and the huge amount of SS).
I'm willing to take the risk and in any case they are essential for Jack to do his tricks, can't really do without them :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

Hello and thanks for your tips :)

The Hanged has a good trigger to drop friendly Scheme Markers (main reason why I bring tons of SS). Of course, that is NOT their main role in the crew, but this Scheme is something I might consider.

True, but I think Jaakuna is better for this job (cost related), since she has a powerful Lure. Then, the Hanged has another nice trigger to place himself in contact with an enemy (Jack has the same trigger), so Take Prisoner should be easy to accomplish.

I don't know about this...Usually I never pick this kind of Schemes with Jack since this crew really wants to stay close to each other and they are not fast at all. Sending people to the flanks or elsewhere might be dangerous.

You'll know the crew much better than I :) However, one note of caution for the Hanged is a savvy opponent won't let you do that more than once (or at all if they know your crew), since all they have to do is not position on the centreline and you can't use the trigger on them. Of course, once is all you'll need potentially, since you could drop several markers in one turn.

Yeah, Take Prisoner seems very easy with this crew, so should be fine!

Breakthrough for one point should be pretty easy (your deployment zones are only ~12 inches apart), but fair enough if you want to go after the other ones!

As I said, I don't know the crew very well, so take it with some grains of salt.

I like crooked men for harness because they are able to drop 2 markers on the center line, the only problem is to get them there, but in flank it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

And just a note on the effigy, if I remember correctly the effigy only heals undead and hanged aren't...

12 hours ago, unti said:

I like crooked men for harness because they are able to drop 2 markers on the center line, the only problem is to get them there, but in flank it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Good point! Aren't those a little too fragile for Turf war? Just asking, I never used them before :)

12 hours ago, unti said:

And just a note on the effigy, if I remember correctly the effigy only heals undead and hanged aren't...

Oh GOSH :( You are right, I didn't notice that...
This makes the effigy virtually useless, because he can heal only Jack (he doesn't need), Montresor (he doesn't really, because of the Eternal Demise) and the Guilty (again, no need because they are supposed to die  to give me more cards).

At this point, I should consider replacing the Effigy with a Dead Outlaw (or the Crooked), which might as well come in handy for Harness the Lay Line.
I was considering a second hanged, but that would leave me with just 3 SS which is not enough for a stone-hungry crew like this.

Might I suggest Sloth.

Heal 3 + Slow at 10 inch range. Can hand out Slow to enemies, Fast to Undead Friendlies. So, you can heal anyone in your crew, even Jack if needed, and then pop fast on them, except the Hanged, to cancel the Slow, even Jack.

It's especially fun to make Montressor Fast then triple obey a Hanged to wreck an enemy model. 😁

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Arlos896 said:

One quick question I have on Jack and the torment ability, if Lady Ligea hits a guilty with an attached upgrade and they discard it does she get to draw a card at the end of her activation? With the FAQ I am inclined to say no but want to be sure. 

AT the end of the activation, is there an enemy model that was damaged by this model and has an attached upgrade? If the answer is no then you don't get to draw the card. According to the FAQ, this checks at the end of the turn if any of the damaged models have an upgrade now. Not if they had an upgrade at the time they were damaged.

So I have a tournament I am going to this weekend and the first round is public enemies, think a Jack list would be good into it? 

Jack Daw (Resurrectionist)
Size: 50 - Pool: 7
Leader:
  Jack Daw
    The Whisper
Totem(s):
  Lady Ligeia
Hires:
  Hanged 2
    Grave Spirit's Touch
  Montresor
  Guilty
  Guilty 2
  Dead Outlaw
  Dead Outlaw 2

This is what I was thinking as  sabotage, spread them out, and runic binding are in the scheme pool