Sign in to follow this  
Jesy Blue

Best Buried Bang for your Buck

Let's say you pick a not Tara leader crew, and your opponent pick a something that buries a lot crew (Guild Marshals, Neverborn Nightmare, Ten Thunders Last Blossom, Outcasts Obliteration, Bayou Tricksy or Arcanists anything because Soul Stone Miners).

What's the best out of keyword anti-buried tech piece to take to get the most value out of without spending the whole hog on Aionus or Tara?

Nothing Beast seems the obvious solution, he can beat up on the buried models and even at 10ss his base kit is fine.

Void Hunter might also be cheeky, he can force a buried mod to unbury next to him with a stat5 wp attack.

I really like What Aionus offers. 

First of all, only for burying in 8", he puts Slow (or Fast) on them. 

Then, he can attack buried models and, while not having NB damage track, you can finish conditions on the target (like Shielded or Focus, but also the Slow/Fast you put on them when buried) to increase the damage, and put Fast/Slow on them (again). Also, his attacks targets Wp, while usually Bury defensive triggers are in-built on Df. He can display some high-damage attacks on late turns. 

He can force buried models to unbury, while gaining Pass Tokens, and then use them to mess with the enemy activation. 

I think is quite complete. 

5 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Let's say you pick a not Tara leader crew, and your opponent pick a something that buries a lot crew (Guild Marshals, Neverborn Nightmare, Ten Thunders Last Blossom, Outcasts Obliteration, Bayou Tricksy or Arcanists anything because Soul Stone Miners).

What's the best out of keyword anti-buried tech piece to take to get the most value out of without spending the whole hog on Aionus or Tara?

I think the is a big difference in facing a crew that tries to bury you (Marshall) and a crew that buries itself (Nightmares et al.) I'm not sure that I would pull in any obliteration model except Aionius to face marshalls (The Scion is an option, but only if I bought other Obliteration) as he is the only one that really helps against their bury with his unbury ability.

Talos is a good pick to face crews to bury themselves as he passively does things to them whilst buried. As has been said, the other obliteration modes are also useful to attack buried models. Talos is less use against models like Misaki as he would be against soulstone miners or Dreamer summons due to the extra damage done to buried models in the end phase.

I just figured out something kind of funny...

I can go on the cheap hiring a Void Wretch, Equip it with a Rocket Launcher, and shoot rockets into the aether!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With the Steam Trunk near by, I could do both!

Shoot the rocket into the aether, discard, Armory hands me the Rocket Boots, then charge, punch into the aether, discard, and potentially Armory hands me back the Rocket Launcher for next turn.

Between that and Arik not allowing unburying around him, I think I found some pretty good anti-Nightmare, Obliteration, Last Blossom & Soul Stone Miner tech...  Collette is too defensive to take out this way, but at least Arik stop her from just showing up willy nilly. 

And Marshals are a whole different beast, but Aionus does sound like the answer there.

• Like 1