2020 Monthly Painting Challenge - March

Caedrus

@Caedrus Thanks for the feedback. I really like what you did with the burnt/burning wood on Wanyudo. Maybe just adding some more coal (black) between the glowing cracks would do the trick? Also very nice effective work on the Mourners. Will try to do something similar with those and I am a bit afraid of those almost black only models.

@Caedrus I love your Wanyudo. That would look outstanding on the gaming table. The Mourners' faces are terrifying. Very creative!

@Wintergloom Gorgeous saturated colors as always.

@TeaCrusader Awesome pieces. Especially love the Rail Golem's metal muscles and Carlos's tats.

@muraki I haven't seen many of the Nightmare Lucas set, but you made them very fun and colorful. Lucas's comic style NMM sword also turned out really well.

@Diddick Looks straight out of the rulebook. If I were Wyrd, I'd show that mini on Ama No Zako's store page. Just outstanding. Also, I played with Misaki in a Vassal game and Minako Rei popped out two Katashiros. She flipped a natural 12:tome for one, to my opponent's dismay. They are nasty.

@Rathnard Very pretty Stormsiren. She really stands out from the bugs. Love the bright blues. You continue to tempt me to start working on the Gibbering Horde.

@Purple Mist I'm happy that you're safe and healthy in Italy. The buildings look subtle and beautiful as always.

@naicigam Nice orks! I don't play 40k, but I've been tempted by Kill Team for a while.

@Boomstick That was one of my favorite games growing up. Very creative and it turned out well! Are you painting the whole crew like that?

@Viruk Thanks for the kind words. Not sure what you meant by green for the bases. Like OSL? I like the subtle purple in the gigants a lot. They look like they'd fit in with your Marcus crew. Are you tackling the rest of the Savage keyword next?

@lusciousmccabe Love to see the old 1.5 stuff and yours are appropriately brooding. I recently found the Dead Justice box, unassembled. Tempted to put them together and experiment.

@Harlekin You have some really nicely painted models, but they're kind of hard to see. Could you try cropping the pictures to make them bigger?

@zesty You clearly understand color theory quite well and are excellent at glazing. Is that a desaturated blue/green for the jeans? I'd love to see the rest of that crew in that style.

@Nikodemus Beautiful as always. The stippling effect works great with minis in motion like Minako. She's a beast in game.

@Pastori I ordered BrokenToad bases because of your minis. I opted for the ratcatcher sewer bases for my Lucius crew, didn't want to totally copy you. The NMM gold turned out beautifully, and you managed to make my least favorite Wyrd mini (Agent 46) look great. I still can't bring myself to order him, I have to figure out a suitable proxy. He's just so static and lame :( 

@Barbercat Striking greens! What's the plan for basing?

Really inspiring work this month from everybody. Can't wait to see what y'all show off in April.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, Stranglelove said:

Not sure what you meant by green for the bases. Like OSL? I like the subtle purple in the gigants a lot. They look like they'd fit in with your Marcus crew. Are you tackling the rest of the Savage keyword next?

I meant some extra green for the monument base to add a it more variety :) 
As for the keyword - I've already sold my Marcus crew, sticking to the Neverborn for the time being. And only as a collector, sadly I haven't played the game for more than a year now :(

27 minutes ago, Stranglelove said:

@zesty You clearly understand color theory quite well and are excellent at glazing. Is that a desaturated blue/green for the jeans? I'd love to see the rest of that crew in that style.

Thanks! I'm not sure I'd call it colour theory, more like just throwing colours that I think will look cool together 😅. For the jeans I used VMC Dark Sea Blue, it's a lovely blue/green shade and will most definitely use it again on trousers! I have just started painting McCabe for next month's pledge so you definitely haven't seen the last of that style. Thank you for the kind words.

@Stranglelove thanks so much! Ocarina and Twilight Princess are my favorite Zeldas, visually. So after doing up my Hooded Rider as "what if Dark Link won and masqueraded as Link", I've been doing more of my Neverborn as things from Hyrule as I go. (Check back in the painting challenge posts or my album, Dreamer's a young Ganondorf, Chompy is Ganon in the shadows. Coppelius is an Octorock in a coat, Serena is Midna, and the Alps are a Dodongo, Lizafos, and Moblin, so far. I have plans for all other Puppets to be wearing different masks, and Collodi to wear Majora's, but at this point I may wait for (what I expect to be) it's inevitable return in the story to push through on that one, as it's currently a bit beyond my sculpting confidence level.

17 hours ago, PetitDalek said:

I finished my chicken! Mah will be pleased, her spoon is ready. Together with my earlier work, this makes 17 SS.

20200331_163840.jpg
20200331_163831.jpg

I would like to congratulate everyone on their consistently great work. I hope painting brings  you some joy during this difficult time. Best wishes to yôu and your loved ones ❤️

That rooster's colors are insane, the chest and the feathers are top notch, you nailed it 🎩also, the base is not painted right? is just the sand & pebbles? looks great too

@Stranglelove thanks for those kind words ^^.   And yeah, the katashiros are great bombs, the game i played (i was very unlucky with their flips though...) but almost always 3 attacks? yes plese :D But the best part of the game was my opponent's face when i summoned a jorogumo right next to his master 😈

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...